Port

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Port

Just watching them v Hawks on Fox.

No gimme this weekend. Far from it. They have strong boys in form, don't they.

VERY good test I reckon.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Port

Thinline wrote:Just watching them v Hawks on Fox.

No gimme this weekend. Far from it. They have strong boys in form, don't they.

VERY good test I reckon.
They are playing entirely different under Primus, playing on, keeping the ball in motion.

At least Ross has a fair idea what to expect, where as Clarko may of been taken by surprise and expected the more grinding kind of game they traditionally have played.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Powerful buggers among them too. Shulz, Rodan, Ebert, Brogan, Chaplin.

Handful now they've found some run.

Pearce up and about.

Will be interesting.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Powerful buggers among them too. Shulz, Rodan, Ebert, Brogan, Chaplin.

Handful now they've found some run.

Pearce up and about.

Will be interesting.
Logan, Surjan, Salter, etc...they're no pushover, also doubt RL will be debuting a kid against this bunch.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

is it too early to put a hard tag on rodent and find someone for ebert already i mean ?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

a few players playing for their careers at the power that and finaaly being rid of Choco is what has helped them .... still thing they are a 3-4 goal worse team away from SA

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:a few players playing for their careers at the power that and finaaly being rid of Choco is what has helped them .... still thing they are a 3-4 goal worse team away from SA
they showed last week that they are smart enough to counter the anti-social hawks.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:a few players playing for their careers at the power that and finaaly being rid of Choco is what has helped them .... still thing they are a 3-4 goal worse team away from SA
they showed last week that they are smart enough to counter the anti-social hawks.
Did they buy them a drink after the game? :P

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

degruch wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
lol i dont know. what i meant to say was that they're not dumb. better at home by 3-4 goals sure, but yeah they have some handy players. i'm still looking for a match-up on ebert and all i'm getting is the blake.

Saints94
SS Life Member

ChicagoSaint wrote:
degruch wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
lol i dont know. what i meant to say was that they're not dumb. better at home by 3-4 goals sure, but yeah they have some handy players. i'm still looking for a match-up on ebert and all i'm getting is the blake.
Gwilt?

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Saints94 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
degruch wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
Gwilt?
he's too quick for james gwilt.

Saints94
SS Life Member

ChicagoSaint wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
degruch wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
Gwilt?
I dont think so, Blake is much older and slower then Gwilt

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Saints94 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
degruch wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
Gwilt?
lol you're right. gwilty will have to play him hard though.

Saints94
SS Life Member

ChicagoSaint wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
degruch wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
Gwilt?
lol you're right. gwilty will have to play him hard though.
Yeah, and attack when in position to do it.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

this game is simple win the midfeild win the game ... the saints have got to be first to the ball the last three we havent ans its cost us especially against the bombers

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

degruch
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:this game is simple win the midfeild win the game ... the saints have got to be first to the ball the last three we havent ans its cost us especially against the bombers
Tis a tricky one, especially since they have a small forwardline. They have players like Gray, Ebert, Hitchcock and Davenport who are good enough midfielders themselves to go in and get the ball, in addition to their actually midfielders.

Rodan is good around goals, and loves being first to the ball, as does Cassisi...both Ebert and Schulz (saving grace being his woeful kicking) will bag 3 or 4 if we let their mids bang it down their forwards' throats.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

exactly this is one game we dont want to build from the back half ... we need to keep the ball away from the ports forward 50 as much as possible deny them enty into 50 then we go a long way to winning the game ... also a big first qtr will knock the wind out of the power we need to hit em hard and hit em early and make them pay on the score board .. snuff out any belief they have early