Straight Sets loom?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Beej wrote:If there's a team running around at the moment not carrying any injuries of any sort, I would be amazed.
Of course there is, but we have lost both Zac and Clarke are injured, along with Jessie Smith, Armitage and Baker being suspended

Kosi has been carrying an ankle injury for a few games

and both Dal and CJ have been rested because of constant issues as a result of injuries related to the Etihad surface

Mini is down on form

We simply don't have enough players to cover these.
Dal and CJ hurt themselves in the last training session of the week. Both would have played had it been a final and that is why I doubt the injuries you suggested. They would have missed if that was the case.
Well, if you believe that you believe in the tooth fairy

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Beej wrote:If there's a team running around at the moment not carrying any injuries of any sort, I would be amazed.
Of course there is, but we have lost both Zac and Clarke are injured, along with Jessie Smith, Armitage and Baker being suspended

and both Dal and CJ have been rested because of constant issues as a result of injuries related to the Etihad surface

Mini is down on form

Dal and CJ hurt themselves in the last training session of the week. Both would have played had it been a final and that is why I doubt the injuries you suggested. They would have missed if that was the case.
I do.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Mini is down on form

I do.
lol

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
saintkid wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Mini is down on form

We have also missed on our first round draft pick in selecting Lovett (which will come back and bite us for a few years)

Look, there may be merit in the Etihad surface and our current injury woes but what about the Bulldogs?? They play there too. Bottom line is Kosi and Clarke lack hard bodies, Mini would not get a game at any of the other top 4 sides and our depth is poorer than Cats, Pies and Dogs by a long way.
The Bulldogs have depth and recently introduced Everitt and Roughead into their 22...

They have have also introduced Sam Reid
Easton Wood
Dylan Addison
Brennan Stack
Jarrod Grant
Brodie Moles

and Eagleton has just played 9 games this season.

They have played 32 players....

We have also played 32 players, of which...

Clarke
Dawson
Armitage

are injured

Baker suspended

Lovett delisted (1st draft pick)
Jessie Smith injured.
Also that equates to our current lack of depth...

4 of those players that have played this year are injured or suspended.

2 more from our list that have played at the top level are injured or delisted.

So can someone tell me different....

We lack depth!!!!

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote: Our form leading into last year's finals wasn't exactly stellar.
Thats correct and in the end we didn't win the flag...we struggled the whole way through the finals and we are still struggling now.....

we only have 1 game plan and it's being exploited by all.....

there's a sense of deja vu right there.....

:lol:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:"4 players with hot spots" counts as news.

"at least 2 other players with injuries", depends? Dal and Joey with broken noses?

"we have little or no depth" is your opinion, and hardly the root cause of the team's current on-field problems.

Out in straight sets? Let's make the top 4 in the first place is a far greater concern.
Yes little or no depth is my opinion considering the injuries...

The information I received does not relate to "broken noses"

Player "hot spots " well we just wait and see.

Our depth is the worst of the current top 4 when you consider our injuries...

Oh yes, again that is my opinion :roll:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Straight sets?

im worried about making top 4

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

"at least 2 other players with injuries", depends? Dal and Joey with broken noses?

"we have little or no depth" is your opinion, and hardly the root cause of the team's current on-field problems.

Out in straight sets? Let's make the top 4 in the first place is a far greater concern.

If this is true, this is really bad news. Kosi playing injured explains quite a bit. So if there are all these injured players why are we doing load training?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

If this is true, this is really bad news. Kosi playing injured explains quite a bit. So if there are all these injured players why are we doing load training?
Kosi is not playing injured, so explains nothing.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote: Kosi is not playing injured, so explains nothing.
Utter BS

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Utter BS
Ingrown hair again?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Straight sets?

Yes, this is my main concern...looking at our draw, about 4 games I marked down as wins have suddenly become 50/50's. We could easily finish 5th if we only win one or two of the remaining games.

Regardless, I'm not the least bit worried about the Hawks, given our record against them over the last decade.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:

Yes, this is my main concern...looking at our draw, about 4 games I marked down as wins have suddenly become 50/50's. We could easily finish 5th if we only win one or two of the remaining games.

Regardless, I'm not the least bit worried about the Hawks, given our record against them over the last decade.
2008 prelim?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
degruch wrote:

2008 prelim?
...and another 2, I think...in 10 years. Not including the draw, of course. Not a great record.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Utter BS
Ingrown hair again?
lol...

have you stopped to consider this...

Salary payments re lovett and the impact of playing rookies such as Stanley has on those payments :idea:

Kosi has has an ankle injure and has played with that for a few weeks, hence his lack of leap at a contest and the ability to run and tackle...

On another topic...

Just how is your Sr Kilda tie going??? considering a poster offered you more than you paid for it, but you failed to answer...

:roll:

The bottom line is we have a very weak list as far as available players are concerned and no matter how much a poster want to sugar coat it, it is far from the..

Bulldogs (already mentioned)

Collingwood (Meadhurst mentioned yet again in their best in the VFL)

Geelong have many returning and are easing back into form..

Are you or anyone else state we have a healthy playing list, and have players in reserve to cover those positions :?:

I am not a "doomsdayer" but we have nothing in reserve IMO

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Utter BS
Ingrown hair again?
lol...

have you stopped to consider this...

Salary payments re lovett and the impact of playing rookies such as Stanley has on those payments :idea:

Kosi has has an ankle injure and has played with that for a few weeks, hence his lack of leap at a contest and the ability to run and tackle...

On another topic...

Just how is your Sr Kilda tie going??? considering a poster offered you more than you paid for it, but you failed to answer...

The bottom line is we have a very weak list as far as available players are concerned and no matter how much a poster want to sugar coat it, it is far from the..

Bulldogs (already mentioned)

Collingwood (Meadhurst mentioned yet again in their best in the VFL)

Geelong have many returning and are easing back into form..

Are you or anyone else state we have a healthy playing list, and have players in reserve to cover those positions :?:

I am not a "doomsdayer" but we have nothing in reserve IMO
then you think we can win the flag in 2010?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
StSteven
Club Player

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm a little confused if the fact that Mick has no idea of his best 22 yet, is a good or bad thing, depends who you listen to.

Mick is certainly taking a very different approach to Bomber and Ross, who both seem big on getting the side settled and playing into form.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Kosi has an ankle injury and has it for a few weeks.

A few players are getting injections in their feet before a game re the hot spots.

I really don't care if anyone thinks it's BS

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Kosi has an ankle injury and has it for a few weeks.

A few players are getting injections in their feet before a game re the hot spots.

I really don't care if anyone thinks it's BS
Injections for hot spots. Thats a new one. If they do that then they will surely end up with a broken foot. Whoever told you that is really having a lend of you.

If you want some credibilty at least say the names of the players or how you came about this info. Not the name of the person.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Injections for hot spots. Thats a new one. If they do that then they will surely end up with a broken foot. Whoever told you that is really having a lend of you.

If you want some credibilty at least say the names of the players or how you came about this info. Not the name of the person.

WTF is credibilty??

Just how good is your credibility

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

WTF is credibilty??

This isnt about me. It is about you coming on here and stating Kosi still has an injured ankle and 4 guys have hot spots in their feet and are getting injections. If that is the case that is a sure way to get a broken foot. I dont think the medical staff would be that stupid.

So how about names of players afterall you named Kosi and how you got this information

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

WTF is credibilty??

This isnt about me. It is about you coming on here and stating Kosi still has an injured ankle and 4 guys have hot spots in their feet and are getting injections. If that is the case that is a sure way to get a broken foot. I dont think the medical staff would be that stupid.

So how about names of players afterall you named Kosi and how you got this information
Why should I name them and how I got this information?

Why don't you go and flower the tooth fairy?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

WTF is credibilty??

Why should I name them and how I got this information?

Why don't you go and flower the tooth fairy?
Well I heard that the person who told you that information just escaped from an institution and actually has no idea at all. He was just looking for someone gullible to tell them a story.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

WTF is credibilty??

St fid = plucka duck by the sound of things plugger!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.