Leigh Fisher?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Leigh Fisher?

Is this guy any chance of a start for the Saints? I see him in the stands every week and was wondering if He has ANY part to play for the club.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Gone, sadly. Playing out time.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Leigh Fisher?

thejiggingsaint wrote:Is this guy any chance of a start for the Saints? I see him in the stands every week and was wondering if He has ANY part to play for the club.
he's only on the list for contractual reasons, apparently, so it seems unlikely. even if they were considering picking him, he just missed six weeks with injury and resumed via the sandy reserves, so he'd be a fair way away.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Sure there will be some strong suburban clubs looking at him for next season.IMO that is where his future lies

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

It's almost as though Leigh Fisher was abducted by aliens.

*cue Twighlight Zone music*

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sobraz
SS Life Member

It's really strange what happened with Leigh... He was never going to be a star, but to be ignored and somewhat ostracized from the team, without ever getting a look in, has had me confused...

I know he hadn't been setting the world on fire in the 2's, but with the waste of time revolving door of Eddy, Dempster and Geary, I would've thought at some stage he'd be given a shot...

He never really performed that poorly at the top level, where the above players mentioned have all had extended spells of far worse performances yet keep thier spot...

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:It's really strange what happened with Leigh... He was never going to be a star, but to be ignored and somewhat ostracized from the team, without ever getting a look in, has had me confused...

I know he hadn't been setting the world on fire in the 2's, but with the waste of time revolving door of Eddy, Dempster and Geary, I would've thought at some stage he'd be given a shot...

He never really performed that poorly at the top level, where the above players mentioned have all had extended spells of far worse performances yet keep thier spot...
agree. he is a tough, experienced player. we could do worse than to give him a last shot at it.

noob
Club Player

His also got good foot skills.. something half the team lack

Arthur Mullard
Club Player

Leigh MATTHEWS has more chance of a game!!! :lol:

Yus my dear!!!!!
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
Sobraz wrote:It's really strange what happened with Leigh... He was never going to be a star, but to be ignored and somewhat ostracized from the team, without ever getting a look in, has had me confused...

agree. he is a tough, experienced player. we could do worse than to give him a last shot at it.
I saw him on TV in the rooms after a match this year, real team man

Under the previous coaching panel, he was a very handy HBF, playing seniors almost every week. Good foot skills and hard at it. The new coaches tried him as a tagger, and it just didn't work :shock:

No Contract, No contact :shock:
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

I saw him on TV in the rooms after a match this year, real team man

Under the previous coaching panel, he was a very handy HBF, playing seniors almost every week. Good foot skills and hard at it. The new coaches tried him as a tagger, and it just didn't work :shock:
well, we're looking for a bit of run off half back.

FQF
SS Life Member

Reminds me a little bit of Brett Voss.

A player who was highly valued under the previous coaching staff but did not quite fit in to the current one.

A shame really, because he was a quality player.

Some players warm to different coaches, but it would definitely be a remarkable 'back from the brink' story if L.Fisher can earn a senior spot.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

No disrespect, but I remember him being REALLY slow.

Am I wrong?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:No disrespect, but I remember him being REALLY slow.

Am I wrong?
Not after he came back from those hamstring injuries. I really like Fish but surely it hasnt come to this.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:No disrespect, but I remember him being REALLY slow.

Am I wrong?
We have a lot of slow players, he might fit in well!

saint58
Club Player

He was a tough hard at it hbf who has played 40 od games was ok to a bit slow but got the ball good foot skills.

But he is only on the list because each club has to give GC17 a uncontracted player and he is it for us,well thats what i hear.

FQF
SS Life Member

saint58 wrote:He was a tough hard at it hbf who has played 40 od games was ok to a bit slow but got the ball good foot skills.

But he is only on the list because each club has to give GC17 a uncontracted player and he is it for us,well thats what i hear.
nonsense

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Slow.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Gawd...no pressure on the guy

I lvove him too..but he hasnt played senior footy for TWO YEARS, was at best mid-paced when he was at his peak...and now people want him to come in as a saviour and maybe lock down a Rioli or Davis as a back pocket stopper.

Sorry..but if he plays senior footy this year...well he wont.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

well im a ross lyon fan but one criticism my mate has of him - and my mate is a mad saints fan.

but his point is if RL brought u to the club and u came in his time u get a lot more credits than otherwise and many more opportunities to "prove him right" so to speak.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Sadly never really recovered after tearing hammy off the bone a couple of times and his thighs are like tree trunks.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
degruch
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
saint58 wrote:He was a tough hard at it hbf who has played 40 od games was ok to a bit slow but got the ball good foot skills.

nonsense
Hmmm, I can remember him as a loose man in defense racking up 30+ possessions in a 6-8 week purple patch a few years back...good footskills, the rest is hazy. If Chips can improve his kicking (back to his pre-2010 standard), there's no place for L Fisher in the side. He's the wrong guy for the job now.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Wouldn't they have to elevate him off the rookie list to play him?

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Sure there will be some strong suburban clubs looking at him for next season.IMO that is where his future lies
Balwyn? They seem to take a lot of ex AFL players !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:Wouldn't they have to elevate him off the rookie list to play him?
Yes, and it won't happen.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell