Zac surgery this morning....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintnick12
Club Player

Re: May be a blessing ...

Moods wrote:
Spinner wrote:
saintkid wrote:
Moods wrote:
Spinner wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:May be a blessing as finally RL we have to realise the SAINTS defence do better without him. Move Lynch back and play Blake or Gwilt at Full Back.

Is that serious?

Blake and Gwilt can't contest in the air or one on one to save themselves.
Lynch :shock:

If the kid keeps his place I'll be staggered. was absolutely hopeless last night and showed NOTHING. Was slow, poor skills, nil awareness, nil body strength and couldn't find the footy. After 2 years in the system 'grooming' him at VFL level I was shattered at his debut considering he was a first round draft pick 2 years ago. Expected far more.

Let's get fair dinkum - the way things stand at the moment, our fwds can't seem to kick over 12 goals in a game (14.3 against the hawks when kicking straight) and our backs have forgotten how to play man on man. We are the ultimate team and need to help each other out all over the ground. Apart from Roo our stars are in the midfield. THey are being expected to do everything and have started to falter I reckon. Zac missing a few will not affect the way we're going either way I reckon. It's the team that needs to get back on track.
I agree. Lynch showed absolutely nothing that's the disappointing aspect of his debut. His skills were woeful.
Oh come off it. Lynch played his first game in that we got belted in.

That's just it - suppoerter unrealistic expectations. A kid playing their first game the expectation is next to zero.

He took a good grab on the half forwardline which was promising.

How people can indentfy skills with a player playing their first game inthe speed of the most elite competition is bewildering.

Seriously some of the comments on this forum lately makes me wonder whether many people at all have any substance to the opinions they post.
I'll tell you how. He ran into an open goal that most club footballers would have nailed and missed it. He had a shot on half time from 50 and didn't come close to making the distance. A couple of other kicks were about Luke Ball standard - no penetration at all. I was staggered. I certainly don't expect much from a first gamer. I expect them to have a crack, put some pressure on, and hopefully do one or two nice things.

I expect that when a player makes his debut who is a first round draft pick and has been in the system for 2 years to show me something. A burst of speed, a nice give off, poss a strong grab. Sorry but I didn't see anything. Not taking the loss out on the kid as there were plenty of players with far more experience that were responsible for that performance last night, but if ppl are going to suggest giving him a go down back after that performance, THAT's what I find bewildering.
Agree Moods. We try not to expect too much from a first gamer, but he really was all at sea right from the first bounce. A liability. I really like the kid and wanted him to do well. As he was running into that open goal I thought "here we go, at least he's going to have something to take out of the game", the he sprayed it. The look on his face after that said it all. Will surely get other chances, but I don't think they will be this year, unfortunately

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saintnick12
Club Player

saintbob wrote:Hopefully someone from the club got hold of the Surgeon before the Op so he could have a look while he was cut open, for the ability this DUD is supposed to have!!!!
Ridiculous post :roll: :roll:

The kid plays on after breaking his hand very early on, yet cops this rubbish.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Buckets
SS Life Member

Yes lets be happy that Dawson is out... :roll:
Did anyone notice that when he left the field due to the injury our backline was all at sea and the bombers really hammered home that advantage during the 2nd half of that first quarter! Cut the guy some slack! He went back on with a fractured hand and yet all he gets is slammed!
You really have to think is this really a supporters forum or just the place to pot individuals!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

For mine I would play Jimmy Gwilt at fullback. Did quite well there earlier in the season.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:For mine I would play Jimmy Gwilt at fullback. Did quite well there earlier in the season.
see this is a silly post.... Gwilt can't mark, can barely spoil.... And for someone that's the quickest over 20 at the club, seems to always be yards behind his leading opponent.

But yeh, play him full back on the most dangerous opponents.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:
Moods wrote:
Spinner wrote:
saintkid wrote:
Moods wrote:
Spinner wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:May be a blessing as finally RL we have to realise the SAINTS defence do better without him. Move Lynch back and play Blake or Gwilt at Full Back.

Is that serious?

If the kid keeps his place I'll be staggered. was absolutely hopeless last night and showed NOTHING. Was slow, poor skills, nil awareness, nil body strength and couldn't find the footy. After 2 years in the system 'grooming' him at VFL level I was shattered at his debut considering he was a first round draft pick 2 years ago. Expected far more.

Let's get fair dinkum - the way things stand at the moment, our fwds can't seem to kick over 12 goals in a game (14.3 against the hawks when kicking straight) and our backs have forgotten how to play man on man. We are the ultimate team and need to help each other out all over the ground. Apart from Roo our stars are in the midfield. THey are being expected to do everything and have started to falter I reckon. Zac missing a few will not affect the way we're going either way I reckon. It's the team that needs to get back on track.
I agree. Lynch showed absolutely nothing that's the disappointing aspect of his debut. His skills were woeful.

That's just it - suppoerter unrealistic expectations. A kid playing their first game the expectation is next to zero.

How people can indentfy skills with a player playing their first game inthe speed of the most elite competition is bewildering.

Seriously some of the comments on this forum lately makes me wonder whether many people at all have any substance to the opinions they post.
I'll tell you how. He ran into an open goal that most club footballers would have nailed and missed it. He had a shot on half time from 50 and didn't come close to making the distance. A couple of other kicks were about Luke Ball standard - no penetration at all. I was staggered. I certainly don't expect much from a first gamer. I expect them to have a crack, put some pressure on, and hopefully do one or two nice things.

I expect that when a player makes his debut who is a first round draft pick and has been in the system for 2 years to show me something. A burst of speed, a nice give off, poss a strong grab. Sorry but I didn't see anything. Not taking the loss out on the kid as there were plenty of players with far more experience that were responsible for that performance last night, but if ppl are going to suggest giving him a go down back after that performance, THAT's what I find bewildering.
Agree Moods. We try not to expect too much from a first gamer, but he really was all at sea right from the first bounce. A liability. I really like the kid and wanted him to do well. As he was running into that open goal I thought "here we go, at least he's going to have something to take out of the game", the he sprayed it. The look on his face after that said it all. Will surely get other chances, but I don't think they will be this year, unfortunately

Both u guys go grab a tape of ablett jrs first game.

I saw Riewoldt spray a set shot too, and not make the distance on another.... He must not have skills either.

saintnick12
Club Player

Not potting the boy. Was really glad he got picked and really hoping he would do well. I was just hoping to see some sign and felt he looked completely at sea. We are at the stage of the year where we can't really afford to have that in the team. He will make it, I'm sure. But I don't think it will be this year.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I'm certain Lynch is capable of significantly better, but he was a deer in the headlights.

Sorry, no one can be protected from due criticism after such a woeful team effort.

First game or not, s*** is s***.

The only way is up. That was an arse of a performance.

Seriously, if we had played without him you wouldn't have noticed.

Still, like I said, on a better day with a better team I'm sure he'll show his worth as a #13 pick.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Is that serious?

And Zac can?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:
saintbob wrote:Hopefully someone from the club got hold of the Surgeon before the Op so he could have a look while he was cut open, for the ability this DUD is supposed to have!!!!
Ridiculous post :roll: :roll:

The kid plays on after breaking his hand very early on, yet cops this rubbish.
That's right, Zac injured his right hand in the first quarter, but still played.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Is that serious?

And Zac can?

Much much better than both of those.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Spinner wrote:
saintkid wrote:
Moods wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Is that serious?

A poor man's Jack Watts.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jack Watts was a number one pick. Lynch was 13 so that is probably obvious.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Gwilt has played better at fullback this season than Zac. How many times has Zac been outmarked this year?

saintkid
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:Gwilt has played better at fullback this season than Zac. How many times has Zac been outmarked this year?
Too many times. :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Gwilt has played better at fullback this season than Zac. How many times has Zac been outmarked this year?
How many times has Gwilt played FB. Not many if any. Jimmy is arunning back not a stay at home FB.

saint58
Club Player

I know lynch was terrible but he was playing on the best fb in the league fletcher,to tough a task.

But i know he wasnt the only one who let us down maybe persist with him or what about hyne has strengh but is not as big as lynch.

When steven cam into the side i was suprised as his form in the VFL was scratchy at best so we might have to bite the bullet and try someone like Stanley again or try someone else.

Allthough he is being played out of position in the VFL he is not a forward pocket player he is a CHF pinching in the ruck.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

There are plenty of people on here that are poor excuses for humans let alone Saints supporters.

I'm all for constructive criticism, but the out right bagging and total lack of understanding of anything football is laughable.

Some of the posters on this forum should be benched or dropped for their regular poor form.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Is that serious?

And Zac can?

He's really been exerting his physical presence this year.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Is that serious?

And Zac can?

BS seen you gave it to me for the Campbell Brown report, how did Joey not miss this weeks game considering you had inside knowledge. I think that is a good reason people shouldnt give others s*** for having an opinion that is eventually proved wrong.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Good Luck Zac !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Is that serious?

And Zac can?

BS seen you gave it to me for the Campbell Brown report, how did Joey not miss this weeks game considering you had inside knowledge. I think that is a good reason people shouldnt give others s*** for having an opinion that is eventually proved wrong.

pot kettle f****** black you hypercrite... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Is that serious?

And Zac can?

pot kettle f****** black you hypercrite... :roll: :roll:
What are you talking about. Now get back to your mop. The courts have to be cleaned by the morning.

lefty
Club Player

Zac out, Kozi to CHB, and Stanley in?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Zac out, Kozi to CHB, and Stanley in?
Please tell me you seriously dont think kosi could play back. Have you seen how so he is by foot and even just his reaction time. He has to play forward either at the Saints or at Sandy. it will be the Saints again this week.