On a scale of 1 to a St Kilda FC runner...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

On a scale of 1 to a St Kilda FC runner...

...how spastic are you? :roll:

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Re: On a scale of 1 to a St Kilda FC runner...

SaintBot wrote:...how spastic are you? :roll:
I just laughed when he got pinged again, what more can you do?

SaintWal
Club Player

Could this be a new tactic. The opposition target our runner and kick it to him?

Seriously getting beyond a joke unfortunately

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

His timing is impeccable.

Perhaps we can recruit some better runners in the off-season?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

He was clearly on the hydroponic too.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SaintWal
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:His timing is impeccable.

Perhaps we can recruit some better runners in the off-season?
Maybe a few of our players. A few of them seemed very good at keeping away from the ball tonight

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

We know we're having a bad night when even the runner gets singled out.

But yeah, he's cost us a couple of goals in recent time. Maybe he's a double agent?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Is the guy related to Mr BEAN ?

Is the guy related to Mr BEAN ? Quite comical really the guy is our runner but has absolutely no understanding of the game !

2 weeks in a row he has given away frees at crucial times - time for him to be interchanged I think !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is the guy related to Mr BEAN ?

WinnersOnly wrote:Is the guy related to Mr BEAN ? Quite comical really the guy is our runner but has absolutely no understanding of the game !

2 weeks in a row he has given away frees at crucial times - time for him to be interchanged I think !
Are we sure he isn't that serial pest guy what's-his-name Hore?

I mean has anyone at the club actually checked?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I must have missed that was it Tony Walsh again???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:I must have missed that was it Tony Walsh again???
No the same person as last week. Danny Ryan.

Stats at the moment.
Walsh No kicks marks or handballs 4 frees against
Ryan No kicks marks or handballs 2 frees against.
Both arent in good form. Must look at replacing them with someone with more speed. Obviously that cant be a player then.

Statsman
Club Player

Can we perhaps do away with runners entirely and employ carrier pidgeons to bring notes out from the coaches box? Surely the umpires won't pay a free kick against us if a pidgeon lands inside the 50m arc. :roll:

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I like the idea of using recently retired players as runners. Should we look at people likes Justin Peckett (if he isnt still coaching), Troy Schwarz, Leigh Fisher, or even Jaryd Allen in the future? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I like the idea of using recently retired players as runners. Should we look at people likes Justin Peckett (if he isnt still coaching), Troy Schwarz, Leigh Fisher, or even Jaryd Allen in the future? !!
I think 2 of them are coaching. Allen cant run and Fisher will still want to play footy next year. I dont think it matters who does it as long as they can watch the play and get out of the way of the players.

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Recently retired players would be the go, but unfortunately, as soon as a Saints player pulls off the jumper for the last time, he's off to another club or is never heard of again.

Even our greatest ever was in a Carlton polo the same year that he retired!
It really is a shame, and l envy the other clubs where their former players show support and loyalty post playing career.

It took 16 years of twisting his arm to get Plugger back for a fleeting moment FFS

Why do they wipe their hands of St kilda?

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
older saint
SS Life Member

TriColourDisciple wrote:Recently retired players would be the go, but unfortunately, as soon as a Saints player pulls off the jumper for the last time, he's off to another club or is never heard of again.

Even our greatest ever was in a Carlton polo the same year that he retired!
It really is a shame, and l envy the other clubs where their former players show support and loyalty post playing career.

It took 16 years of twisting his arm to get Plugger back for a fleeting moment FFS

Why do they wipe their hands of St kilda?
Off the topic but if a player has fair dinkum aspirations about coaching they need to leave the club they know and see if they can make it in the real world. You cannot go straight into a coaching role and be able to discipline the same players you partied with the year before. Voss is not able to do it and he has great respect as a player. Buckley went tot he media first. Let them go and when they find out if they are up to it and want to do it then they can come back a few years later.
Roos is the exception.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Simple answer: organise a collection, hire a hitman positioned in the Moorabbin wing and eliminate this idiot!!!! :wink:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Simple answer: organise a collection, hire a hitman positioned in the Moorabbin wing and eliminate this idiot!!!! :wink:
....can we string him up by the balls first.....if only for a little while......then shoot the dip stick.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I said this last week but how farking hard can it be..... Go in, give your message and get out... Absoltuely bloody pointless.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I missed the one this week. Was he inside 50 during a shot for goal? Or too close to the player with the ball?

Agree its becoming almost comical? Really is 6 this season? Good god, imagine if we gave away six interchange infringements....the penalty has seemed almost as harsh at times (eg Kosi's non-goal last week)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Arthur Mullard
Club Player

this man is a candidate for the worls first brain transplant!

Yus my dear!!!!!