social club seating

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

social club seating

when will reserved social club seating go on sale through ticketmaster for the saints tigers game.....???? i'm usually try on line either too early or too late...then just book on level two......

also...what is level three 3 premium seating...and does that only apply to afl members

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: social club seating

stinger wrote:when will reserved social club seating go on sale through ticketmaster for the saints tigers game.....???? i'm usually try on line either too early or too late...then just book on level two......

also...what is level three 3 premium seating...and does that only apply to afl members
Level III premium is the front 6 rows, available to anyone, at a cost !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
stinger wrote:when will reserved social club seating go on sale through ticketmaster for the saints tigers game.....???? i'm usually try on line either too early or too late...then just book on level two......

thanks eastern....do you know when social club are reserved seating goes on sale.....?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

As an AFL Member though stinger..you only pay the booking fee for those Level 3 "Premium"seats..its a deal the AFL did with ES...and as far as I know is still valid. Apologies in advance if its not!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SC is 9am on the sat prior to the Home Game.

Only exception is for fully ticketed games when it is earlier.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bendigo bob
Club Player

Stinger they go on sale at 9am the Saturday one week prior to the game. The whole thing takes about 5 10 minutes to complete and the tickets are sent by email

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
lendog heaven
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:SC is 9am on the sat prior to the Home Game.

can never understand how they sell out so quickly when there are so many vacant seats left in that area every home game eg Dawks match. I reckon the allocation must have been reduced despite the increased m/ship no's.

Tramps like us.............
stinger
Saintsational Legend

thanks guys.....

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

lendog heaven wrote:

can never understand how they sell out so quickly when there are so many vacant seats left in that area every home game eg Dawks match. I reckon the allocation must have been reduced despite the increased m/ship no's.
Yep been happening every week for the season. I reckon they have reduced the the capacity as it is always the same chuck on seats missing till the end....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

thanks mate...got on there just before 9...put in the details and waited for the clock to tick over...bingo......jackpot...so i will be sitting amongst social club friends next weekend......make a nice change ... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

This social club reserved seating is a friggin disgrace.

Got on to get 4 tickets and it tells me none available.....try reduce your number of tickets etc etc - its Sunday a WEEK before the Richmond game....not like Ive left it till late in the week.....

I have not been able to get tickets once this year without this occuring - only to turn up game day and see rows of empty seats in the social club bays....WTF is going on here?

Dont mind coughing up the hard earned to support the club cause the money goes straight to the club - but this arrangement is just frked and I can see why supporters opt out and go for AFL membership (Ive been getting tickets to games via AFL member friends all year FFS).

“Yeah….nah””
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:This social club reserved seating is a friggin disgrace.

Got on to get 4 tickets and it tells me none available.....try reduce your number of tickets etc etc - its Sunday a WEEK before the Richmond game....not like Ive left it till late in the week.....

I have not been able to get tickets once this year without this occuring - only to turn up game day and see rows of empty seats in the social club bays....WTF is going on here?

Dont mind coughing up the hard earned to support the club cause the money goes straight to the club - but this arrangement is just frked and I can see why supporters opt out and go for AFL membership (Ive been getting tickets to games via AFL member friends all year FFS).
Until mid-way thru last year it worked very well. You could still book tickets on say the Monday or Tuesday night even...

But then with the sniff of a GF the hordes flooded in and SC suddenly ballooned. Seating capacity has not changed and so the extra hordes have greatly increased demand and competition for the limited number of seats. The clubs cap was based solely on GF tickets and not on match-day access!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hence if you do not book on Saturday you will miss out.
The empty seats you refer to are probably booked by people who think on Saturday that they may go the next week. but have something else arise... This "in doubt" in previous years probably waited till Monday to book

In the SC area the Club does keep several rows for players....who may or may not use them. ie last game for example I saw Steven King and several other players standing at the back of the SC are watching the game rather than siiting...and so no doubt their allocated seats would have been empty.

No doubt when the Saints become less successful, and hopefully not for many years, the bangwagon SC Members will leave and seats will be easier to gain again.

In the meantime it is a consequence of on-field success ......and a healthier club balance balance.

saintnick12
Club Player

I don't see what the problem is. I actually am able to get the exact same seats nearly every week. I ring up rather than do it on line so I can direct them to the seats I want. If i'm out I do it by mobile.
My only issue is if you do it by phone they sometimes send the tickets out. sometimes make it pick up. ...you can't have them emailed like the online bookings. But its worth it. It like we have our own seats. We have same people in front of us most weeks too..
The other week I forgot to ring until 10.30 and still got my preferred seats. I thought its common knowledge you needed to do it saturday morning...first in best dressed.
I did notice last week the back few rows were empty...not the ones near the players, but in my bay (20). I walked to the back for a bit with my three year old who was ony at his second game of the year and was getting a bit upset. I stood at the back for a while and at least the last three rows were empty in that bay. Maybe it wasn't a sell out last week in SC as only 22000 at the game.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:I don't see what the problem is. .
Well I guess it is whether you see it as a problem or not.

However until mid-last year one had the ability to book anytime over 3 to 4 days..sometimes longer.

Now it is about half a day. If you get distracted, or are unavailable for that half day, you miss out.

saintnick12
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:I don't see what the problem is. .
Well I guess it is whether you see it as a problem or not.

However until mid-last year one had the ability to book anytime over 3 to 4 days..sometimes longer.

Now it is about half a day. If you get distracted, or are unavailable for that half day, you miss out.
I've been a social club member for about 6 or 7 years and have always done it Saturday morning, so I guess its made no difference to me.

I didn't mean that to sound disrepectful..should have worded it better.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.