Best number 7 ever

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

As a boy Stewey Trott was a hero (after Cowboy).

He then defected to the Hawks. My first life shattering experience.

Nick Winmar is one of the most skillfull players I have seen. Still rate him above most.

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
saint1974
Club Player

Love Nicky Winmar yes he would be the type of player who could break the pack and be just perfect fit in our current team.
As the all rounder Lenny great leader great team player great clubman and when the team has been down he can turn a game by himself.
So for me Lenny.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Excellent question and been lucky enough to see Trott, Winmar and Lenny.

All superstars. I think Lenny will be the best if we win a premiership. I think that it would Nicky would have had to put up with a lot of racism and his 230 games are an outstanding effort. He was sublime as well and could mark and kick goals as well as deliver to Plugger et al.

Can split Lenny and Nicky.

SaintWal
Club Player

Lenny for me Just.

He is the all round footballer. He oozes leadership and a follow me to the grave attitude.

In the end both are among my favourite footballers I have ever had the joy to watch.

SaintWal
Club Player

Wow, this has really got me thinking.

Winmars skills were sublime. His ability to play different roles for the team, mid, wing or as a key forward at times are defintely positives. Speed was amazing. Decision making was amazing and ability to finish was better than Lennys.

So why do I still lean toward Lenny?