Umpiring = BIZARRE !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

golden hawk wrote:
saint75 wrote:
golden hawk wrote:i reckon they were bad both ways as much at times during the game i probably thought they were favoring you guys but that was how i saw it at times but i know they were bad both ways
Funny, Hawk friends felt they were definitely getting the rub of the green in regards to umpiring on Friday night UNTIL the interchange incident at the end.

We have had a couple of games were we could seem do to no wrong in the umpires eyes in the last 4-6 weeks. Certainly not the case on Friday night.

At least as a supporter I can admit that.
were we did not feel that way believe me ! i was surprised we were in front on that count probably crap free's most of them anyway
i saw plenty that both teams did not get either real free's highs that were not paid in the backs that were not paid ! spare me that we got the rub of the green when really they rubbed both of us the wrong way ! for the whole game
There were a lot missed and some very 'ordinary' decisions to say the least, but spare me if you believe that we did not cop the rough end of the stick! The umpires did everything in their power bar kicking the goals for you to get you over the line. The interchange incident must have been that blatent in their opinion for them to have called it........

Had that incident not happened at the end of the game, would you still feel so slighted by the umps? Surely not! :lol:

No, I don't believe there is some higher powers conspiring against the Saints (though at times, between the MRP and the umps, they do leave me scratching my head......).

Fortius Quo Fidelius
golden hawk
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
saint75 wrote:
golden hawk wrote:i reckon they were bad both ways as much at times during the game i probably thought they were favoring you guys but that was how i saw it at times but i know they were bad both ways
Funny, Hawk friends felt they were definitely getting the rub of the green in regards to umpiring on Friday night UNTIL the interchange incident at the end.

We have had a couple of games were we could seem do to no wrong in the umpires eyes in the last 4-6 weeks. Certainly not the case on Friday night.

were we did not feel that way believe me ! i was surprised we were in front on that count probably crap free's most of them anyway
i saw plenty that both teams did not get either real free's highs that were not paid in the backs that were not paid ! spare me that we got the rub of the green when really they rubbed both of us the wrong way ! for the whole game
GH, of course we got 'the wrong end of the green' - this is a Saints Fan Forum.
lol true

anyways good luck for next week hope you thrash them by heaps got to beat the bombers !!!

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
golden hawk
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
saint75 wrote:

There were a lot missed and some very 'ordinary' decisions to say the least, but spare me if you believe that we did not cop the rough end of the stick! The umpires did everything in their power bar kicking the goals for you to get you over the line. The interchange incident must have been that blatent in their opinion for them to have called it........

Had that incident not happened at the end of the game, would you still feel so slighted by the umps? Surely not! :lol:

No, I don't believe there is some higher powers conspiring against the Saints (though at times, between the MRP and the umps, they do leave me scratching my head......).
i was grumpy at the umps in the first quarter told Mcburney to go put a sait jumper on and kick it for you LOL

what ever anyway they were bad both ways and that is the truth !

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:
saint75 wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
saint75 wrote:

i was grumpy at the umps in the first quarter told Mcburney to go put a sait jumper on and kick it for you LOL

It wouldn't have fitted over his Hawks jumper. :)

35...LEGEND
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
35...LEGEND wrote:
plugger66 wrote:[Seems that what ever happens the umpires will never get it right.

True, because they are Shiit 90% of the time.........not all the time,just mostly..........IMO.
Maybe the captains should umpire or even better still the unbiased forum people from both sides.
Glad you agree.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

35...LEGEND wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
35...LEGEND wrote:
plugger66 wrote:[Seems that what ever happens the umpires will never get it right.

True, because they are Shiit 90% of the time.........not all the time,just mostly..........IMO.
Maybe the captains should umpire or even better still the unbiased forum people from both sides.
Glad you agree.
Well it makes sense.

golden hawk
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
saint75 wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
saint75 wrote:

It wouldn't have fitted over his Hawks jumper. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

agree to disagree :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

35...LEGEND
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
35...LEGEND wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
35...LEGEND wrote:

Glad you agree.
Well it makes sense.
No it doesn't....but glad you agree they are crap.....mostly.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

An unsolicited comment from a Collingwood supporter at lunch today who watched the game . His comment?
"Gee the umpires give that player (Hodge) plenty of time on holding the ball"
Thank you, no further comment needed.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Well there you have it:

-Hawks fans think that they were hard done by.

-Saints fans think that they were hard done by.

-Plugger thinks the umpires are hard done by.

SNAFU

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Well there you have it:

-Hawks fans think that they were hard done by.

-Saints fans think that they were hard done by.

-Plugger thinks the umpires are hard done by.

SNAFU
I must be important if you put me with the Saints and Hawks. Why the hell would anyone even care what I think. It really worries me.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think both teams were hard done by, but if I hear another Hawks fan say 'that interchange infringement may have cost us top 4"

The only thing that may of cost Hawthorn top four, was their first 6 rounds!

golden hawk
Club Player

SainterK wrote:I think both teams were hard done by, but if I hear another Hawks fan say 'that interchange infringement may have cost us top 4"

The only thing that may of cost Hawthorn top four, was their first 6 rounds!
that is rubbish really if they say that ! we stuffed up the start of our season if we had not lost those games then we may have been top 4 the interchange thing is still confusing i have heard a few different things on what happened and i am no clearer of what happened.
if anything we also had chances early on to kick goals and we missed them , it was a great game mistakes were highlighted due to how hard a fought game and that it was a draw the umps were crap for both sides that we all know is fact the ground was crap for both sides too.

i do hope none of your players got seriously injured this time around i hope none of mine got injured either from that ground this time around

by sounds of it the fools that have been defending that ground and blaming boots are finally listening to those that have to play on that surface ! about time they did too !!!