Umpiring = BIZARRE !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I agree he was shocking, but I can also admit that the bald dude has it in for Buddy

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:Either Shaun Ryan (25) is a cheat or a Hawk supporter or an anti-Saint or had money on the result.

Just watched the replay and he was a disgrace.
He may have just had a poor game.
Yes he may have.

Or he may be corrupt, a cheat, a Hawk supporter or anti-Saint, he may even have had money on the result.

He was terrible tonight. Terrible. But you support him p66 if you feel you have to.
Not supporting him but if you logically think any of those things happened tonight why would you even bother going. sorry but i rate AFL footy a bit more than a Danny Green fight.
If you logically think one of those things didn't happen tonight why bother going...but far better value still than the Green Machine fight...and you get a better range of who the bigger cheat may be - in boxing it's generally just one of two.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I agree he was shocking, but I can also admit that the bald dude has it in for Buddy
Guerra?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
SainterK wrote:I agree he was shocking, but I can also admit that the bald dude has it in for Buddy
Guerra?
No Warne ot Hale. Not 100% sure.

kalsaint
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Certainly wasn't a night to lead the tackle count, not much reward for effort...
Yep
This was the most annoying thing about the way the game was umpired tonight.

There has been a dreadful inconsistency developing over weeks on decisions where players get tackled.

Many decisions were pay against the tackler tonight. This means umpires do influence seasons as gameplans are based on these tactics and umpires can influence this too much.

The one mentioned earlier against Milne was a disgrace as he was tackled high but got pinged for holding the ball for about 1-2 seconds. Many others were allowed full 360 degree turns or ball fumbles from tackles that werent penalised.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Either Shaun Ryan (25) is a cheat or a Hawk supporter or an anti-Saint or had money on the result.

Ryan grew up supporting Geelong!

He also happens to be a lawyer, so obviously he cannot be trusted!

Ryan was the umpire who called play on in the Grand Final when Schnieder had his jumper pulled off into Lennox st, before he had taken possession of the ball, with us two points in front at the time.

Clear unobstructed view from five metres away!

Also called play on when Scarlett charged Riewoldt from front on with no eyes for the ball while Taylor grabbed Reiwoldt's shoulder to pin him down, in the goal square when scores were level with about six minutes to go!

A Geelong supporter, a lawyer and a cheat!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Ryan was the umpire who called play on in the Grand Final when Schnieder had his jumper pulled off into Lennox st, before he had taken possession of the ball, with us two points in front at the time.

Also called play on when Scarlett charged Riewoldt from front on with no eyes for the ball while Taylor grabbed Reiwoldt's shoulder to pin him down, in the goal square when scores were level with about six minutes to go!

McBurney was a Saints supporter as all his family is. What is your points Brains4never? I dont think Geelong played.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

In response to the OP......

umpiring= SITUATION NORMAL.

They are $hit.

They have NFI.

And i would'nt expect to see it improve any time soon.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Shaun Ryan has been well mentored by Vozzo and McBurney and it showed.

I had similar sense of what has he got to hide?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:

Shaun Ryan has been well mentored by Vozzo and McBurney and it showed.

I had similar sense of what has he got to hide?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Seems the official AFL policy is WE MUST ACCEPT BAD UMPIRING.
This is some how supposed to help keep junior umpires in the game.
How sending out the message that bad umpiring is acceptable keeps junior umpires in the game I do not understand.
But as far as I am concerned demanding that bad umpiring must be accepted in the AFLs premier competiton for the benefit of junior competitions is in itself CORRUPT.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Just watching the replay now and in the second quarter McBurney awarded a free to Goddard.

McBurney: "against Goddard, no, it's against Goddard! No, sorry, to Goddard, free kick to Brendon Goddard"

Hawthorn players were dumbfounded.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:Just watching the replay now and in the second quarter McBurney awarded a free to Goddard.

McBurney: "against Goddard, no, it's against Goddard! No, sorry, to Goddard, free kick to Brendon Goddard"

Hawthorn players were dumbfounded.

When things like that happen players have run the wrong way.
Then suddenly everyone is caught on the wrong side of the ball with no delaying of play allowed or a 50 metre penalty.
In this case Hawthorn is unfairly penalised.
Last edited by ace on Sat 24 Jul 2010 2:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

snowdelisaint
Club Player

after the game when the players were standing around for the presentation, most of the stadium had cleared out and depite that there were so few people left in the stadium, the boos as the umpires came off were phenomenal

ace
Saintsational Legend

snowdelisaint wrote:after the game when the players were standing around for the presentation, most of the stadium had cleared out and depite that there were so few people left in the stadium, the boos as the umpires came off were phenomenal
Both St Kilda and Hawthorn fans booing.
Both sets of fans realised that the umpires had cost their respective teams at least 3 goals.
The result of the game was dependent on umpiring not on the players playing.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plus one :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

yes and as usual the press gloss over it.

The focus was all on the interchange issue - the much larger issue had to be the disgraceful umpiring.

I can not believe the disparity in holding the ball decisions - Hawks went to ground numerous times (a tactic) held it in and nothing......then Milne goes near it and you just KNOW hes gonna get pinged.

I hope the club makes a complaint DO SOEMETHING- FFS I saw Goddards obvious free kick from the mark to the Blake kick and yep nothing......then I watch Franklin get barely touched on the lead...and yep......in front of goal A FREE. Just a joke

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes he may have.

Or he may be corrupt, a cheat, a Hawk supporter or anti-Saint, he may even have had money on the result.

He was terrible tonight. Terrible. But you support him p66 if you feel you have to.

plugga is obviously turned on by an umpires uniform..and blinded.....can see no wrong from the multi coloured maggots......

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

more likely he is an imbecile IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Sainterman
Club Player

Same performance as in just about every game I watch. Not anti Saints, not anti any side...just patently awful standard. Has been this way for at least the last few years and it only deteriorating The fact that some posters cannot see how bad it is, and feel the need to defend it only really hits at their own credibility.

Was so bad last night even the commentators could not believe what was going on.

And the AFL, too many stupid rules! Our runner going across the mark when our player is lining up should not be a reversal...then the penalty of interchange breaches...I mean really...

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

My gripe is with the 15 metre kick rule - at one stage in the 3rd quarter we had 2 or 3 marks in a row not paid (correctly I must add) as the ball didn't cover 15 metres however their were many many instances where Hawthorn passed the ball about 10 metres and it was deemed to have covered the required distance - it seemed that one umpire was hot on it but the other 2 umpires left their measuring sticks at home - the inconsistency in this rule is a jucking foke!!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

and the milne rule.......???.....explain that plugga

Foz
Club Player

First problem is the surface...or bouncing techniques.....bounce was going about 9 foot and often ruckman were tapping it to their feet resulting in an all in brawl for the ball. Ditto the next bounce.

Bizarre decision on Gilbert holding the ball...he kicked it but unpire was blind-sided. So say "i didnt see it" rather than pay the wrong decision.

AFL needs to look at holding the ball. Milne was the only one paid all night. A few weeks ago even Buddy would have been pinged. What will they do next week?

No marks paid even when they looked like the player had firm control of the ball - see Roo.

Mitchell's kicks go 12 metres but get paid the mark.

Decisions plucked from packs....its a physical game, THROW the ball up to get the game moving and don't worry about majority of pack contact.

The question we ask is "were they in control of the game?" and the above points help explain why they were NOT !

Sainterman
Club Player

Foz wrote:First problem is the surface...or bouncing techniques.....bounce was going about 9 foot and often ruckman were tapping it to their feet resulting in an all in brawl for the ball. Ditto the next bounce.

Bizarre decision on Gilbert holding the ball...he kicked it but unpire was blind-sided. So say "i didnt see it" rather than pay the wrong decision.

AFL needs to look at holding the ball. Milne was the only one paid all night. A few weeks ago even Buddy would have been pinged. What will they do next week?

No marks paid even when they looked like the player had firm control of the ball - see Roo.

Mitchell's kicks go 12 metres but get paid the mark.

Decisions plucked from packs....its a physical game, THROW the ball up to get the game moving and don't worry about majority of pack contact.

The question we ask is "were they in control of the game?" and the above points help explain why they were NOT !
Well put, and the shame is the list of problems is even longer than this. Perhaps it is time for someone fresh at the top of the umpiring department.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

McBurney was a Saints supporter as all his family is. What is your points Brains4never? I dont think Geelong played.
Well that's not fair, McBurney is probably the worst ump going round....he wouldn't know how to help us...

Ryan made an error paying the Buddy free and should be dropped for it.
Vozzo's was worse as he guessed the decision on Gilbert, a big no-no....