Zac!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Good spoiling on the lead....poor on the high ball one on one....makes silly mistakes....sometimes composed, sometimes panics....makes great efforts and poor efforts....sometimes gets lost..

a typical mixed bag from Zac - he will save some goals, cost some goals, create some play, cause turn-overs....

Poor mans Raf Clarke....

deserved whipping boy, he does not fill anyone with confidence....

Muir_32
Club Player

I actually thought Zac was ok tonight...

sainter104
Club Player

unreall !!!! really liked zacs game tonight

GO SAINTS

sainter104
Club Player

s*** well done me 100 posts

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Brilliant game.

His in the side because he has the height and speed to match these types of forwards.

No one on our list could have done a better job. Zac had a great game.

sackers5
Club Player

Zac was bloody brilliant .... just don't understand how some nuffys can bag him after that game.

avid
Club Player

Christ -- I was happy with Zac's game last night! Easily his best all year, and the first glimmer that he might recover something of his 2009 form.
For almost the first time this year he spoiled brilliantly (Franklin incorrectly got the free kick for it!) and he handballed slickly and incisively. These are small signs to truly celebrate.

So Buddy kicked 5 goals on him. Big deal. Three (?) of them were from frees or 50m penalties that weren't Zac's fault at all. And remember, Zac got one back on Buddy that WAS Buddy's fault! So in nett terms, Buddy only kicked 4!

bozza1980
Club Player

I have to add my disagreement to the op.

Zac played a solid game.

I honestly expected this to be a positive thread, you can't rationally slag his performance last night.

Agenda thread.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Zac will be fine as long as he never gets ahead of himself, becomes lazy or over confident. He will anchor our defence for the next few years and when he bulks up & learns more about the caper he will be indispensable. I think some on here should get used to that, he will make mistakes but all our players do so I think some on here should suck it up and encourage him.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Zac is a claytons full back.
He is the full back you have to play when you don't have a defender tall, fast and skilled enough to combat genuine tall key position forwards.

Until St Kilda recruits someone with genuine height (over 195cm), speed and skill to play full back, Zac has got to remain in the team.

Max had the speed and skill but not the height.
He could beat most key forwards except for the genuine tall gorillas.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bozza1980
Club Player

ace wrote:Zac is a claytons full back.
He is the full back you have to play when you don't have a defender tall, fast and skilled enough to combat genuine tall key position forwards.

Until St Kilda recruits someone with genuine height (over 195cm), speed and skill to play full back, Zac has got to remain in the team.

I kind of agree with you.

Our entire defensive structure is based around getting numbers to contests and having players with sure enough skills to use the ball on the rebound.

Zac isn't going to go down as one of the best fullbacks going around but the abuse he cops from our supporters on this forum is out of whack.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
tgkosisback
Club Player

Can't believe most of you call yourselves supporters. Whenever I read the forum mostly what I read about is how someone is dirty on a player/coach/official. Then someone has a go at the critic and off we go on a predictable descent into name calling and histrionics. I don't deny your right to do it, but to put it under the banner of a supporters' website is hard to understand.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Look at me! Look at me!

The Saints are pretenders... our players are gutless squibs!

Oh please everyone just acknowledge my existence by responding to my post, and help me define and validate myself....

Sack the coach!

Luke Ball!

Am I doing it right?
Last edited by markp on Sat 24 Jul 2010 3:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Did'nt they take Zac off Franklin for the last quarter?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Interesting I too thought Dawson was ok - have a look at how Franklin got the goals.....hardly any Riewoldt type grabs among them often is there??? free kicks on lead and a 50mtr penalty.

As for defenders losing touch of where their opponent is......I watched Blake several times on Roughead have no idea where his body was.......Blake wasn't even in the contest.......but yep....lets hang Zac....

Geez we got some dills.

“Yeah….nah””
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Franklin hardly got the ball when he was anywhere near Dawson.

A couple of Dawson's spoils were absolute quality. He got pinged for one which just smacked of an umpire with no idea.

I was happy with his game.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Look at me! Look at me!

Oh please everyone just acknowledge my existence by responding to my post, and help me define and validate myself....

Sack the coach!

Luke Ball!

Am I doing it right?
You probably need to start a thread if you really want to do it correctly. :)

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:
markp wrote:Look at me! Look at me!

Sack the coach!

Luke Ball!

Am I doing it right?
You probably need to start a thread if you really want to do it correctly. :)
Start a thread? If you are going to do it properly, you need at least 3 threads running consecutively. Some people REALLY need the validation...... :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
iremember66
Club Player

So how many games has Zac played now??

And how many of those for the Saints??

I can't remember off the top of my head but I would reckon he is about where you would expect for the number of games played at this level, and for the size guy he is.

Also - didn't he have a setback early this year - causing him to lose pretty much all the bulk he put on over the off season? Must be hard trying to outmuscle a Buddy et al.

Zac is one of those who when he gets it wrong seems to get it spectacularly wrong - but when he gets it right its 'just what is expected of him'...

I would hate to be a full back - you are supposed to stop the other team's star player (usually) - and if the opposition mids are feeding their man properly you are on a hiding to nothing...

And then if you are taking the place of a great and truly loved back man at the Saints - sure its going to be tough.

It might help if your team's supporters were truely supportive...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

tgkosisback wrote:Can't believe most of you call yourselves supporters. Whenever I read the forum mostly what I read about is how someone is dirty on a player/coach/official. Then someone has a go at the critic and off we go on a predictable descent into name calling and histrionics. I don't deny your right to do it, but to put it under the banner of a supporters' website is hard to understand.
fair comment....imho....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Zac!

sax wrote:He is a F**KEN DUD!
LIABILITY!
I thought he played ok on Buddy considering their midfield dominated. He put on a great spoil and was unlucky to get a free against him. He kicked the goal when he had to. He also played ok last week.

Granted, he has areas requiring improvement but I think you are being a bit hard. The fact is we have no onle else who is really suited to play there. Buddy would have slaughtered Goose anyway.

Slagging off on players does not help and in my opinion I do not think one is a true supporter when they do this. Abusing fellow posters is also out of line.When you slag the boys off, just don't sing the club song when we win.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

With respect, I disagree. Max was one of the best defenders but his kicking was average. This was one reason that Lyon did not go with him towards the end of the year. He could not be relied compared to Zac on in terms of keeping the chain of kicks from defence going. This was the coaches philosophy whether you agree with it or not.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Good spoiling on the lead....poor on the high ball one on one....makes silly mistakes....sometimes composed, sometimes panics....makes great efforts and poor efforts....sometimes gets lost..

a typical mixed bag from Zac - he will save some goals, cost some goals, create some play, cause turn-overs....

Poor mans Raf Clarke....

deserved whipping boy, he does not fill anyone with confidence....
What the hell does "poor man's Raf Clarke" mean exactly? If it wasn't for Raph, we may have never have made the GF in the first place. He was the one who gave us the run and drive from half back in the last quater of the Prelim last year. Go back and watch the DVD.....Jeez some of you guys who slag off on our boys just have NFI.

You're NOT REAL SUPPORTERS. Don't sing our club song when we win. And get your facts right you disloyal swill.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:

With respect, I disagree. Max was one of the best defenders but his kicking was average. This was one reason that Lyon did not go with him towards the end of the year. He could not be relied compared to Zac on in terms of keeping the chain of kicks from defence going. This was the coaches philosophy whether you agree with it or not.
Max was a tenacious, fit trier who could spoil. His foot and handskills were, as I recall, pretty s***.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

I am so disappointed with this thread....

When i saw the title, i thought - terrific - some praise for Zac after a fantastic performance against the most dangerous forward (and possibly player) in the AFL.

IMHO Zac was in our top 1/2 dozen tonight... most of the 5 goals Buddy kicked he would have kicked against any Fullback.

Keep building Zac, your last 3 weeks have been heaps better.

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......