Next Week Changes?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:In : Bringing injured players back through the VFL.
Out : Rushing players back in who clearly aren't up to it just yet.
Not sure Gram would have come back in if not for BJ missing against Brissy, then Dal against Collingwood, but yeah....would of been better for him and us if he played a couple of games with Sandringham just to get his match fitness back given how long he has missed, no point now though.

JABBER
Club Player

next weeks changes

INS Dal Santo Stanley

out Hayes (st kilda flu rested) Dempster

trevor barker
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

In Dal Santo
Out Dempster or McQualter

Don't think they will drop Pattison, Steven, Peake, Dawson or Koschitzke :shock:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Mon 19 Jul 2010 4:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

No Contract, No contact :shock:
spert
Saintsational Legend

Out: Kosi, McQ
In: McEvoy, NDS

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Won't be too many changes. We know Ross doesn't like to unsettle the team too much, especially considering 2-3 players are still not quite match fit.

IN: Dal, Raph
OUT: Geary (and either Lenny or Joey)

Could possibly see Joey or Lenny rested for a week. Not a bad idea if you ask me.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:Won't be too many changes. We know Ross doesn't like to unsettle the team too much, especially considering 2-3 players are still not quite match fit.

IN: Dal, Raph
OUT: Geary (and either Lenny or Joey)

Could possibly see Joey or Lenny rested for a week. Not a bad idea if you ask me.
Why would we rest a player this week when we play 5 of the bottom 8 after this game. doesnt make any sense at all.

In Dal Ben if OK''

Out Dempster Pattison

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Although I feel I should be cynically suggesting that we sack everyone including the coach and rock up with the Zebras (such is the level of vitriolic doom and glooming going on) I can't see too much different this week.

Hawks are short and I reckon brittle down back. Maybe Stanley's speed and size would be handy?

I say Dal and Stanley in for Dempster and Pattison.

Even though I kind of understand his structural relevance and I would dearly love to see him go click, let's be honest...Kosi must be skating on a very fine membrane...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Out: The Whipping Boys.
In: The Kids.

SaintTom
Club Player

Out Pattison, Dawson

In McEvoy, Dal

Not like for like, but I don't think we need a direct replacement for Dawson. With Gwilts ability to burst off half back we can afford to leave Fisher as key defender, and IMO he is our best defender. He also has a fair bit of strength about him, more likely to take it physically to Buddy than Dawson is. As well as this, Blake can also be used to come across as third man into a contest to anything involving Buddy.

Pattison has been better than I thought he would be, but I think we get more value out of Mac.

As well as this, I would not be surprised if one of either Lenny or Joey get a mysterious illness this week to give them a week off. In particular, I think if Hayes gets rested, Armo may get a run around for his last chance this season (and possibly his time at the Saints) to really give Ross a reason that he shouldn't be dropped. Although I worry about losing either Lenny or Joey this week, as I believe we can ill afford to lose either in such a tough game.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Re: next weeks changes

JABBER wrote:INS Dal Santo Stanley

I heard a whisper about Al Smith being selected.

But it could have been dribble.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: next weeks changes

Quixote wrote:
JABBER wrote:INS Dal Santo Stanley

I heard a whisper about Al Smith being selected.

But it could have been dribble.
Selected on a Monday?

I can CONFIRM you heard dribble.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SaintTom
Club Player

Re-thought my changes and decided that if Patto and Dawson are out, plus Lenny or Joey (sickness/rest), bring back in Dal, McEvoy and Stanley. Don't have a like for like with Lenny or Joey to bring in, so I feel as though Stanley should get a game with Kosi spending a bit more time in the ruck to put pressure on that second forward spot. That team looks a bit top heavy for mine, although it seems as though Ross isn't afraid to tend in that direction, and I trust in his judgement.

3:16
Club Player

Out: Mini( lucky to get a game all year, Jack now playing that role better), Gram( shocking effort, again) and Patterson( if he don't catch it, he's no good)

In: Dal, Stanley & R.Clarke if fit.

Kosi & Rhys to give GOTH a chop- out in the ruck when needed!!!!!

Lenny and Joey would have been rested had we won last week, but not for this game now, I wouldn't think!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

3:16 wrote:Out: Mini( lucky to get a game all year, Jack now playing that role better), Gram( shocking effort, again) and Patterson( if he don't catch it, he's no good)

Lenny and Joey would have been rested had we won last week, but not for this game now, I wouldn't think!!!!!
Gram? Sadly underdone. Do we play him into form in the seniors or the vfl?

Raph? Has missed 5-6 weeks now. Do we rush him straight back in? or do we bring him back through the vfl?

You could say that Rooey, BJ & Kosi were underdone on Saturday. Can make a case for Rooey & BJ. Kosi a little bit more difficult (How bad is Kosi's ankle?).

How many players have been affected by the flu/cold that Ross & BJ had/have? This could determine who gets a rest and when

McEvoy v Stanley? A good debate to have

VFL played on Sunday meaning anyone promoted would be on a 5 day break.

Ross has a history of minimal changes. I see this week being no different !!
Last edited by Eastern on Tue 20 Jul 2010 2:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

The Craw
Club Player

Out - Mcqualter.

Seriously how can you not mark a footy when you are 10m in the clear.

He is the George Costanza of St Kilda, just rolls up and everyone thinks he's been picked so put him out on the ground.

Not Craw, CRAW!
Club Player

The Craw wrote:Out - Mcqualter.

Seriously how can you not mark a footy when you are 10m in the clear.

He is the George Costanza of St Kilda, just rolls up and everyone thinks he's been picked so put him out on the ground.
True, shocking attempt, Gram was just as bad, scared off by Didak wavering his arms around!!!!!

Club Player

Eastern wrote:
3:16 wrote:Out: Mini( lucky to get a game all year, Jack now playing that role better), Gram( shocking effort, again) and Patterson( if he don't catch it, he's no good)

Gram? Sadly underdone. Do we play him into form in the seniors or the vfl?

Raph? Has missed 5-6 weeks now. Do we rush him straight back in? or do we bring him back through the vfl?

You could say that Rooey, BJ & Kosi were underdone on Saturday. Can make a case for Rooey & BJ. Kosi a little bit more difficult.

How many players have been affected by the flu/cold that Ross & BJ had/have? This could determine who gets a rest and when

McEvoy v Stanley? A good debate to have

VFL played on Sunday meaning anyone promoted would be on a 5 day break.

Ross has a history of minimal changes. I see this week being no different !!
Your spot on about the cold/flu, at least 9 played with it on Saturday, as for Raph coming straight back in, they need to get quality match time into him, Baker will be bought back in straight away, so why not Raph, cause after all, he is in our best 22, Gram is still struggling with OP as I've stated all along ( and a small heart-muscle problem), Mini will be on his last chance ( if selected) and Big Ben and Stanley could go either way (depending on Ben's Fitness)!!!!!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Raph has missed a bit though, is it wise to bring in another underdone player against Hawthorn?

Not sure Gram would have come back in if it wasn't for Goddard, then Dal missing, not sure it's worth dropping him now though...and didn't he have an operation during his absence to improve the situation?

Mini is struggling, not sure what Ross will do there given the season seems to be wearing him down given he missed his preseason, perhaps just a rest will be the tonic.

I still think Ross may be thinking Steven for Schneiders role, with Adam moving to the middle?

Saints94
SS Life Member

IN: Dal, Macca

OUT: Dempster, Gram.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote: Gram? Sadly underdone. Do we play him into form in the seniors or the vfl?
Sadly underdone is just putting it mildly, he is overweight and has stacked on the kilos and just can't run.

He has been really under prepared ATM

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
StPeter
Club Player

Surely McQualter would be lucky to hold his place.

Another shocker last week!