Dawson's surely joking?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

saintbob wrote:Buddy will be playing against the Saints for sure on Friday night, the same can't be said for Zac against the Hawks.
I'm interested to know why Zac won't be playing. He's probably the only defender who did what he's supposed to do.... Defend
Dawes had 4 touches and kicked 1 goal for the game and he's been in good form

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
saintbob wrote:Buddy will be playing against the Saints for sure on Friday night, the same can't be said for Zac against the Hawks.
I'm interested to know why Zac won't be playing. He's probably the only defender who did what he's supposed to do.... Defend
Zac was personally responsible for at least four goals. They may not have been kicked by his direct opponent, but his ineptitude caused them to be kicked by our opponent Collingwood.

This crap put out each week about Zac's opponent's stats is rubbish, when he hands goals to other opponents. Do people on here go to or watch the game, or just read the stats? Stats say whatever you want them to say.

Zac has been shocking all year apart from last week against Brisbane and his opponent kicked a few that day.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SaintSimmo
Club Player

ralphsmith wrote:I can literally feel the entire Hawthorn football club quivering in fear.

:wink:
:lol: :lol:

Sainter for life.
saintbob
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
Zac was personally responsible for at least four goals. They may not have been kicked by his direct opponent, but his ineptitude caused them to be kicked by our opponent Collingwood.

This crap put out each week about Zac's opponent's stats is rubbish, when he hands goals to other opponents. Do people on here go to or watch the game, or just read the stats? Stats say whatever you want them to say.

Zac has been shocking all year apart from last week against Brisbane and his opponent kicked a few that day.
CORRECT!!!!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

I'm afraid I have to completely agree with BS. In this day and age, very rare that a backman just plays one on one against one opponent all game. You can really, as a supporter, only assess the defensive efforts of each individual backmen and then assess what offensive drive they are also providing. Almost impossible to tell who is playing on who, or who is meant to be. Zac could be standing under the ball with dawes bodying him, whilst a team mate comes in over the top and punches the ball away. Who gets the credit though? Zac does. It's a team game so hopefully what goes around comes around in that regard. As far as looking safe, being accountable, and being hard physically at the man and the ball, Zac has been found wanting all year I reckon. These text msg's being leaked to the media are even more embarassing when you think about it, b/c as far as I'm concerned there is no guarantee that Zac will even play this Friday.

ThePunter
Club Player

When you get hit in the gob, don't get a free kick, go down as a result of said hit and are immediately tackled, that's not really your fault.

Having said that, I thought he was in our worst five on Saturday.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I sent a text to a mate earlier today that indicated I would meet him and the rest of our party at Ringwood station on Wednesday for Hey Hey.

I am expecting to see the Sun and Age report on it in the next day.

Seriously, its banter between a couple of mates and its only a news story because they are AFL players. Care factor 0

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Quixote
SS Life Member

"Hopefully he can get back on top of Zac this weekend."
I honestly didn't know they were that close.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

What were the 4 goals out of interest?
The one Dawes kicked on him
The one the ump got wrong holding the ball
?
?

I think you are a bit harsh personally...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

they used to drive each other to games.....lighten up ffs....they are mates....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
that flog ...got two lessons on the weekend....one was not to shoot your mouth off in the hun on the morning of a match...the other one was from zac....

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Didn't he render him goal-less and toothless last year in Tassie?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Zac actually is a good match up for Franklin as he is mobile and tall, and has really good closing speed. Zac struggles the most against the gorillas like hall he gets pushed out of position and starts watching the man not the ball.

I think Zac should go ok. But will be a team defence that wins us the game. As for that high tackle on Dawson, that was crap, the collingwood player grabbed his face and then left an arm over the shoulder. The umpire claimed he didn't see the high contact? Would have preferred him to say he slipped down than think an umpire wasn't watching the play.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:they used to drive each other to games.....lighten up ffs....they are mates....
I thought they even lived together at one stage.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Buckets
SS Life Member

I just don't understand it...why the hell would we be upset that Zac has sent this message? I reckon it's great! Time to start playing the head games and being arogant. Enough of letting everyone else do it. We are a top 4 team and have been for over half a decade! Time to stop the moaning and second guessing and back ourselves and this team!
It shows that Zac has the confidence to take on Buddy and that is a very good sign! I would rather a confident Zac take the field than one that lacks the slef belief and confidence!!!! GO SAINTS

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
3:16
Club Player

ThePunter wrote:I'm sure Zac didn't send Buddy a text message
Yeah, he did, just like he does everytime!!!!!

I think Buddy's response read like this though: "Dear Zacary, thank's for the text, I was seriously worried after your effort last year, then realised that I'm not likely to be playing @ Box Hill, All the best, Ur best mate, Buddy Love"

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
bob__71
Club Player

3:16 wrote:
Yeah, he did, just like he does everytime!!!!!

I think Buddy's response read like this though: "Dear Zacary, thank's for the text, I was seriously worried after your effort last year, then realised that I'm not likely to be playing @ Box Hill, All the best, Ur best mate, Buddy Love"
StoneCold I think Zac will just be happy not to be mentioned in your signature.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:I just don't understand it...why the hell would we be upset that Zac has sent this message? I reckon it's great! Time to start playing the head games and being arogant. Enough of letting everyone else do it. We are a top 4 team and have been for over half a decade! Time to stop the moaning and second guessing and back ourselves and this team!
It shows that Zac has the confidence to take on Buddy and that is a very good sign! I would rather a confident Zac take the field than one that lacks the slef belief and confidence!!!! GO SAINTS
You only mouth off, either publicly or privately when you know you can back it up. That's why I say, all credit to Zac, he's been terrible all year and yet he stills backs himself in against the best FF in the comp. Some would call that stupid others obviously think it's commendable.

The way Zac's been going I would prefer a quiet determined resolve to get some form and keep Buddy out of the game. But that's just me.....

ThePunter
Club Player

Zac will go to Roughead anyway.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

'Pinocchio Osborne has been telling porkies' :lol:

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Why would it even be mentioned then. I'd back a team mate of Buddy's over a person who i gather knows neither.
Still backing him?
Lyon said suggestions from Michael Osborne that Saints defender Zac Dawson had already been taunting Franklin - his former teammate - with text messages were untrue.
Maybe Ross is lying, he wants to emulate the 'successful' coaches like Malthouse.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Who gives a flog.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Why would it even be mentioned then. I'd back a team mate of Buddy's over a person who i gather knows neither.
Still backing him?
Lyon said suggestions from Michael Osborne that Saints defender Zac Dawson had already been taunting Franklin - his former teammate - with text messages were untrue.
Maybe Ross is lying, he wants to emulate the 'successful' coaches like Malthouse.
Everyone lies even our coach. i wouldnt have a clue who is this time but if i say RL I will get shot down in flames.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Still backing him?
Everyone lies even our coach. i wouldnt have a clue who is this time but if i say RL I will get shot down in flames.

you had no problems calling me a liar.....now you admit that you tell lies..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ,,,,,and you even call our coach a liar ffs,,,, :roll: :roll:

markp
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Who gives a flog.
+1