Armo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintkid
Club Player

So has anyone heard the latest? His knee may not be that bad at the end of the day.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Thinline wrote:Sorry the bloke got hurt and all, but wonder what GC thinks about its new recruit turning up all broken...
Unless you know for a fact he has signed....thats a really s*** comment.

He's probably concerned about his career as a whole - Not who he is playing with next year.
Agree 100% Spinner.

I note a few on here are constantly saying Armo's signed with GC, or that he's "gone" next year etc. Seems to be based on nothing more than his inability, to date, to cement a senior spot and the fact his Birth Certificate has QLD written on it.

Injury concerns aside, Ross has shown he's not averse to a long apprenticeship, so his omission from the side at the moment does not necessarily mean his card has been stamped.

Good luck with everything Armo :)

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Thinline wrote:Sorry the bloke got hurt and all, but wonder what GC thinks about its new recruit turning up all broken...

He's probably concerned about his career as a whole - Not who he is playing with next year.
Agree 100% Spinner.

I note a few on here are constantly saying Armo's signed with GC, or that he's "gone" next year etc. Seems to be based on nothing more than his inability, to date, to cement a senior spot and the fact his Birth Certificate has QLD written on it.

Injury concerns aside, Ross has shown he's not averse to a long apprenticeship, so his omission from the side at the moment does not necessarily mean his card has been stamped.

+1

Until we know he's going, he's a St Kilda player who gives his all on the field and we should support him.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
DWOODROW
Club Player

I would like to see him go to be honest. If you can't cement a spot in the top side in 4 years then what is your worth to the coach. If Lyon thought he was worth anything he would be playing him wouldn't he. This apprenticeship thing is crap. Some do take time to develop but he hasn't so far under Lyon's coaching.
Is that a flaw in David or Lyon. I don't know but I do know if he stays there he is going to be in and out for as long as Lyon is there. He has his favourites and game plans and that is that.
Dave is not setting the world on fire under Lyons coaching or with St Kilda. I'm not being negative or disrespectful. I am saying it how it is. Knowing David though and what he thinks of Saints he wants to stay.

My only comment to him would be look at his options and take the blinkers off.

lefty
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:I would like to see him go to be honest. If you can't cement a spot in the top side in 4 years then what is your worth to the coach. If Lyon thought he was worth anything he would be playing him wouldn't he. This apprenticeship thing is crap. Some do take time to develop but he hasn't so far under Lyon's coaching.
Is that a flaw in David or Lyon. I don't know but I do know if he stays there he is going to be in and out for as long as Lyon is there. He has his favourites and game plans and that is that.
Dave is not setting the world on fire under Lyons coaching or with St Kilda. I'm not being negative or disrespectful. I am saying it how it is. Knowing David though and what he thinks of Saints he wants to stay.

I disagree. I don't want to see him go at all.

Lenny is getting old, fairly sure only has a one year contract, so your going to have to replace him with someone.

Armo was consistantly in the best for Sandringham, and I was suprised he was dropped, from memory he kicked 2 or 3 goals that game, which was crucial, yet we have passangers in our team like McQ, Dempster, Kosi, that are having no influence, and don't go in no where near as hard as Armo.

Armo always puts his head over the ball, he's our in and under hard nut. Imo, he has won us a fair few games. Its not like he can't play either. Last year gets 3 B&F votes in Tassie after coming from the Reserves.

I just think Ross is giving him some time to work on his defence, along with Ross wanting to select fast running players, yet I don't see the point of selecting fast running players if their having no input.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

and???

the knee???

is it bad or what
im hearing he was carried off in great pain and it looked nasty
now im hearing its not bad at all

ffs
someone tell it straight

DWOODROW
Club Player

lefty wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:I would like to see him go to be honest. If you can't cement a spot in the top side in 4 years then what is your worth to the coach. If Lyon thought he was worth anything he would be playing him wouldn't he. This apprenticeship thing is crap. Some do take time to develop but he hasn't so far under Lyon's coaching.

I disagree. I don't want to see him go at all.

Lenny is getting old, fairly sure only has a one year contract, so your going to have to replace him with someone.

Armo was consistantly in the best for Sandringham, and I was suprised he was dropped, from memory he kicked 2 or 3 goals that game, which was crucial, yet we have passangers in our team like McQ, Dempster, Kosi, that are having no influence, and don't go in no where near as hard as Armo.

Armo always puts his head over the ball, he's our in and under hard nut. Imo, he has won us a fair few games. Its not like he can't play either. Last year gets 3 B&F votes in Tassie after coming from the Reserves.

I just think Ross is giving him some time to work on his defence, along with Ross wanting to select fast running players, yet I don't see the point of selecting fast running players if their having no input.
Yet he is consistently left out of the side and never given the time to cement one or get consistency. What is his role at St Kilda apart from propping up Sandy. There is no future their for him or with Lyon.
Gets the dangle of the carrot but never a taste.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Agree 100% Spinner.

In fairness, I typed it in a hurry and I agree it did come across harshly.

I like Armo. Always have. I like his style of player. Always have. I reckon we could do with him in the side, but he's not.

But I ain't the coach/selectors and facts are facts. For whatever reason, he doesn't get a game and GC desperately want hard nuts. 2 plus 2 equals Armo is a deadset certainty to reinvigorate his career elsewhere.

I don't really think that's a particularly controversial assumption, personally.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
DWOODROW
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Agree 100% Spinner.

In fairness, I typed it in a hurry and I agree it did come across harshly.

I like Armo. Always have. I like his style of player. Always have. I reckon we could do with him in the side, but he's not.

But I ain't the coach/selectors and facts are facts. For whatever reason, he doesn't get a game and GC desperately want hard nuts. 2 plus 2 equals Armo is a deadset certainty to reinvigorate his career elsewhere.

I don't really think that's a particularly controversial assumption, personally.
I think alot of you are right. For what ever reason his style doesn't suite Saints.

As for his Knee, well he won't be playing next week that's for sure.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

tell me its not season ending tho....please?

DWOODROW
Club Player

matrix wrote:tell me its not season ending tho....please?
Last edited by DWOODROW on Tue 20 Jul 2010 1:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Hi

I've written to you before and told you that I have liked your brother since the NAB Cup a few years ago. I just want you to know that as a Saints fan, I wish him all the best, whatever and whereever he is. Seems like a good bloke, as well as a good footy player, and I hope he has a great future, good luck, and I hope he bounces back from this setback better than ever.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

No one knows anything about his knee...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
oK It's not, but he has injured it twice in a matter of 6-8 weeks.
So relieved that it wasn't as bad as everyone first anticipated, poor guy though, must of thought as much though.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

It’s always puzzling to some of us how some players seem to get games at will and others seem to be constantly overlooked, or dropped after one bad game.

The assumption, and that’s all it can be, is that those guys who are getting picked are following the coaches instructions and those that get ignored are not.

Eddy, McQualter, Dempster etc, are examples. People rightly ask how do these guys get games and suggest they must be favourites of the coach. They must be following instructions, but just what are those instructions? Does Ross tell Eddy to “run around in the forward line but to make sure you don’t get too many possessionsâ€

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Fair post.

No slight on David that he can't get into the side. As you say, Lyon has his favourites as do all coaches. Luke Ball found himself battling to get into the side last year as well and he's going alright at Collingwood.

Armo may need a new environment and a fresh coach who can try something different to get the best out of him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Dwoodrow why did you get rid of the comment that you made in regard to Armo's injury?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Dwoodrow why did you get rid of the comment that you made in regard to Armo's injury?
Indeed. Seems we are now missing an OK :?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:

Fair post.

No slight on David that he can't get into the side. As you say, Lyon has his favourites as do all coaches. Luke Ball found himself battling to get into the side last year as well and he's going alright at Collingwood.

Armo may need a new environment and a fresh coach who can try something different to get the best out of him.
We are quick to put it down to Ross having favourites, I really like the way Armo plays and have always said as much on here, but without being aware of the circumstances for why Armo has not been able to get a game....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i suppose that is telling it like it really is...unfortunately.....same thing happened to luke ball...wasn't valued by the coach......certainly now is by the coach with his team on the top of the ladder.......to me...even a blind man could see that was going to happen......david would not have been dropped by me earlier in the year if i was coach...and he certainly would have been given a game before dempster last saturday ....

anyway...hope your brother is not badly injured......i really love the guy.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

i suppose that is telling it like it really is...unfortunately.....same thing happened to luke ball...wasn't valued by the coach......certainly now is by the coach with his team on the top of the ladder.......to me...even a blind man could see that was going to happen......david would not have been dropped by me earlier in the year if i was coach...and he certainly would have been given a game before dempster last saturday ....

anyway...hope your brother is not badly injured......i really love the guy.....
Must be encouraging to know coach stinker would not drop you.

Keep your chin up Armo.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
lefty
Club Player

Your guys have to remember he's only 22 and was pick 9, plenty of time for him to excel.

To be in the top 22, when a team finishes on top of the ladder, isn't that easy (it was his second season last year btw). To be reasonable, he was competing with L.Ball last year, and had some really good games. Now that Luke as gone, he should be getting games, just unfortunate circumstances regarding injuries, as he was in really good form and was due for a recall.

I say, just keep at it, he will cement himself in the team soon enough.
Too important to st.kilda to just let go. Stick at it, you'll be alright :)

If you ask saints fans what you think of armo, its all positive. Not many would have negative comments at all. He can kick further than Luke Ball, he scores goals most games, and usual leading our tackling count.

Love the guy to be honest. Please stay :)

shmic_s
Club Player

lefty wrote:Your guys have to remember he's only 22 and was pick 9, plenty of time for him to excel.

To be in the top 22, when a team finishes on top of the ladder, isn't that easy (it was his second season last year btw). To be reasonable, he was competing with L.Ball last year, and had some really good games. Now that Luke as gone, he should be getting games, just unfortunate circumstances regarding injuries, as he was in really good form and was due for a recall.

I say, just keep at it, he will cement himself in the team soon enough.
Too important to st.kilda to just let go. Stick at it, you'll be alright :)

If you ask saints fans what you think of armo, its all positive. Not many would have negative comments at all. He can kick further than Luke Ball, he scores goals most games, and usual leading our tackling count.

Love the guy to be honest. Please stay :)
+1
Well said Lefty.

First good luck with his recovery and two lets hope he stays with us.
Good luck Armo.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Season is over for Armo. Say it's a 4 to 6 week injury then I can't see him getting back into the seniors. Just my opinion.

Another opportunity awaits!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
I'd say it would of come from higher to tell him to remove the post,to keep up what ever advantage the club think they have in playing the injury cover up shirade

Bring back the Lockett era