Cheer Squad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

iwantmeseats wrote:REAL cheer squads, Collingwood , Richmond, Carlton etc do NOT have members made up nearly completely of old people and bloody kids ! Thats the problem. You want it loud and proud,it wont be while it remains the domain of the near blue rinse set and very young kids. Just WILL NEVER happen.

Joke.
I was thinking the same.

The one time I sat near the cheer squad I and one of my companions found ourselves being told off for some minor behaviour infringement by someone way older than us and when I looked around I noticed that where once upon a time the cheer squad consisted of mainly young people as part of their rite of passage as a Saints supporter, and now it looks like it's lopsided in terms of the aging demographic.

A somewhat sad situation and we as a club need to get as many of the young people to take up the battle for our club.

I was expecting the arguments about why don't I get out there and join them etc,. It's not for me, as I'm way too old (well I think I am) to join a cheer squad and a few of the Collingwood cheer squad members look like they're ready for the 100th birthday telegram from the Queen.

My point about the the cheer squad is that I would have thought, is that the Cheer Squad is supposed to be actively barracking, cheering, making noise to intice the other Saints supporters to beceome more vocal and cheer out team off.

You would have thought it was just a bunch of ordinary supporters sitting there instead of our cheer squad.

I'm going to sound like someone out of "The Gruen Transfer" but if you had watched the promos for Collingwood on the big screen yesterday, the smartest and most simplest promo for that club was the chant of
"Coll-ing-wood" clap-clap-clap . Not many words but it said it all.

wasaintsfan
Club Player

i couldve believe how quiet our supporters were at the game...

gotta get behind the team no matter what happens!!!!!

now go to bed without any supper!!!

now i wont be moving to melbourne just to try lift the team but when theyre here or when im there we can be 100 points down and trust me my voice is gone..

its not a dig but just a weak effort....

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:REAL cheer squads, Collingwood , Richmond, Carlton etc do NOT have members made up nearly completely of old people and bloody kids ! Thats the problem. You want it loud and proud,it wont be while it remains the domain of the near blue rinse set and very young kids. Just WILL NEVER happen.

Joke.
so join and become an ACTIVE member.
attending banner making and being there to increase the noise level.

maybe if enough joined and were willing to follow the AFL rules- or spread the noise around the ground it would enable a reverberating sound every time a Saint Touched the ball....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

All us 20-40 somethings should all join and make it as ruthless as our counterpart cheer squads.

Myself and my brothers wouldnt mind sitting in the front row and given a licence to abuse the absolute crap out of the opposition.

The cheer squad does a lot of good work thou! Its not all about noise. Its about attending games all across the nation, making the banner, putting in the hours behind the scenes ect ect. So good work guys!

People that want noise should ask our 'members' to start attending away games in numbers.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

spinner question
your avatar has me thinking- given I saw one prominantly displayed on a jumper at the game yesterday- do you wear a top with that on to games?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:spinner question
your avatar has me thinking- given I saw one prominantly displayed on a jumper at the game yesterday- do you wear a top with that on to games?
Sorry not me Saintbrat!

Quixote
SS Life Member

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo