Joey leading the Charlie as of round 15 - Champion Data

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Joey leading the Charlie as of round 15 - Champion Data

According to the 'experts' at Champion Data anyways.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... 5891860494

''Champion Data rates St Kilda's Leigh Montagna as the man most likely to take home 'Charlie' this year.''

''In another shock, two Saints - Brendon Goddard (18 votes) and Nick Dal Santo (17 votes) - round out the top five.''

Interesting read as to how accurate the indication of the data has been in the last few years. Obviously it's not 100% accurate.

Found it interesting that part of the sum they use, takes into account super coach points.

Carpe Diem
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Interesting.

When I've looked at the overall season stats for the AFL and see how well Joey is going... and then compared them to the Saintsational player of the eyar votes... I've wondered why he hasn't polled better here.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Liam_G
Club Player

Re: Joey leading the Charlie as of round 15 - Champion Data

Unforgiven wrote:Found it interesting that part of the sum they use, takes into account super coach points.
That's because "SuperCoach" points are actually Champion Data Player Ranking Points. It's not the other way around.

SuperCoach uses these ranking points as its fantasy scoring system to differentiate themselves from the basic 'kick mark handball' scoring systems many other fantasy footy competitions use. More people should know this....

Basic PDF - http://www.championdata.com.au/files/rankings.pdf

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 11,00.html

http://bit.ly/cC8mB0

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't of thought so,but you never know.

He wasn't favoured in last years count by the umpires,there were many games I had him marked as 2-3,and he never recieved a vote. Ended up costing me in the saints trifecta bets!!
Last eyar he was better i thought,but that doesn't always mean everything I guess. It's a fine line winning a brownlow some years. If you're lucky enough to poll 3's instead of 1's in the games with an even spread of good players,then you're in business. See Cooney...Goodes,etc

Bring back the Lockett era
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Joey needs to get a white red and black mohawk. I have been at games and knew he had a good game but got the paper next morning and found he had an awesome amount of stats. You kind of loose track of just how much he is getting it, and he doesn't do the flashy stuff too often, just solid constant contribution. Although it didn't hurt Bartell.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Joey gets lots of stats many of which are meaningless, also turns it over a lot putting teammates in difficult positions.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bigred
Saintsational Legend

There is no way Joey has had a brownlow worthy year.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Is it just me, or is the Brownlow the most overrated thing in football?

In reality, it is the most irrelevant award there is.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Is it just me, or is the Brownlow the most overrated thing in football?

well...a couple of real duds have won it....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
lurker#134
Club Player

I would have thought BJ would been up there with Hodge and whoever from Geelong.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

roo should start taking votes off the other boys when he gets a bit more match hardened....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:roo should start taking votes off the other boys when he gets a bit more match hardened....
I think Peter Carey is related to Rooy so he will probably tell the other umpires to vote for him. Have you given the Clokes a call yet?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:roo should start taking votes off the other boys when he gets a bit more match hardened....
I think Peter Carey is related to Rooy so he will probably tell the other umpires to vote for him. Have you given the Clokes a call yet?

what for.....to ask them if uncle peter has apologised for rubbing the prodigal out for two week????

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

what for.....to ask them if uncle peter has apologised for rubbing the prodigal out for two week????
Admit you are wrong. Peter Cameron is related to the Clokes not Peter Carey. Now do the right thing and admit you made up a story of firstly knowing the Clokes ans secondly that for some strange reason that Peter Carey is related to them. Finally while you are at it admit you do clean the offices of lawyers.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:Interesting.

When I've looked at the overall season stats for the AFL and see how well Joey is going... and then compared them to the Saintsational player of the eyar votes... I've wondered why he hasn't polled better here.
To start with the Brownlow is biased to mids........ :idea:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ace
Saintsational Legend

Rumour is that AFL bosses have issued instructions to umpires demanding that they limit votes to St Kilda players.
The AFL bosses would be particularly peeved if a St Kilda player were to win the Brownlow while the team plays "unattractive" football.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Is it just me, or is the Brownlow the most overrated thing in football?

I'd like to think the players are not too concerned with individual honours this year either...

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

i put a hunner on gods at the start of the season at 50's or something...go BJ!!

#1 Ryder fan
BallBanger
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Admit you are wrong. Peter Cameron is related to the Clokes not Peter Carey. Now do the right thing and admit you made up a story of firstly knowing the Clokes ans secondly that for some strange reason that Peter Carey is related to them. Finally while you are at it admit you do clean the offices of lawyers.
You're scum p66....ask any richmond supporter old enouph to remember cameron and they will tell you he was easily the best ump, pretty obvious why.

Umpires the world over are bias....why do you think it does not happen in afl...especially when they don't have to answer for it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You're scum p66....ask any richmond supporter old enouph to remember cameron and they will tell you he was easily the best ump, pretty obvious why.

Umpires the world over are bias....why do you think it does not happen in afl...especially when they don't have to answer for it.
Have you actually got a brain. I doubt it. i have no idea what you are on about. Maybe have a good lie down and a bit of a touch up. They may fix whatever problems you have. Now go away and find a person, if possible, with the probelms you obviously have.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Dal's season has probably been his best. In year's past he's followed a good game with a quiet one but this season he's been ultra-consistent.

Take a look at his Champion Data scores for further proof. Out of his 15 games he's scored below 100 only four times (including a 98). 9 times above 120.

The $70 you can still get for him is unbelievable value IMO.

Umpires love him too. Something you couldn't say about Goddard who's notoriously narky towards the men in white.