The tension builds...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

The tension builds...

Just curious as to everyone's thoughts, personal, on the build up to this game as compared to say those of recent times. Given the events of earlier this year and a strong rivalry in recent times, more so because of the success of both clubs how does everyone generally feel on the eve of what is always an important clash with the most passionate of supporters on both sides of the fence.

I have spoken with both saints and pies fans and have never seen so much tension and angst leading up to a clash between the two sides. No doubt the players are focused on what they have to do and will carry out their duties professionally and to the best of their abilities.

Hopefully the supporters don't let their emotions get the better of them and behave in an appropriate manner. Yes Collingwood/filth whatever u choose to call them.

Massive crowd/huge expectations and a recent history all augurs for a tense game of football both on and off the field.

Let's hope it is a classic spectacle of aussie rules and here's hoping it is NOT over umpired and that the umps let the game flow freely as it should.

Interesting times ahead. 8-) *coughs*

Keep an eye out on the Ponsford Stand tomoz.....

The budgie got day release..... :wink:

Good luck guys.....but ahhhh u wont need it.... :D
Last edited by johnpeterbudgefanclub on Fri 16 Jul 2010 8:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I hope all of their chickens turn into emus and kick the living shite out of them.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Just behave yourself in here if the Pies capitulate again, JPBFC.

Hoping for a good, fair contest (I can dream can't I?)... and a Saints win of course.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Troll

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

BakesFan wrote:Just behave yourself in here if the Pies capitulate again, JPBFC.

Hoping for a good, fair contest (I can dream can't I?)... and a Saints win of course.
I'm fine bakes. All good at this end. I'm expecting a good solid hitout by both sides, nothing more nothing less.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

#1GILL wrote:Troll
First time I've been called that. :oops:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Can't wait until Malthouse succeeds in his bid to be the most overrated coach of all time when FIGJAM stabs him fair in the back to take over as head coach and plummets the greatest self proclaimed club of nothing to the bottom of the ladder.

Malthouse you are scum and Eddie your are a chicken fiddler.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

BakesFan wrote:
It's the company you keep.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
35...LEGEND
Club Player

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
BakesFan wrote:Just behave yourself in here if the Pies capitulate again, JPBFC.

I'm fine bakes. All good at this end. I'm expecting a good solid hitout by both sides, nothing more nothing less.
I expect the SAINTS to smash your mob of soft front runners....

Don't come here :cry: and making excuses when it happens.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: The tension builds...

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Just curious as to everyone's thoughts, personal, on the build up to this game as compared to say those of recent times. Given the events of earlier this year and a strong rivalry in recent times, more so because of the success of both clubs how does everyone generally feel on the eve of what is always an important clash with the most passionate of supporters on both sides of the fence.

I have spoken with both saints and pies fans and have never seen so much tension and angst leading up to a clash between the two sides. No doubt the players are focused on what they have to do and will carry out their duties professionally and to the best of their abilities.

Hopefully the supporters don't let their emotions get the better of them and behave in an appropriate manner. Yes Collingwood/filth whatever u choose to call them.

Massive crowd/huge expectations and a recent history all augurs for a tense game of football both on and off the field.

Let's hope it is a classic spectacle of aussie rules and here's hoping it is NOT over umpired and that the umps let the game flow freely as it should.

Nice post JPBFC. Just remember to keep it nice in 24 hours time and same with our guys too.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

kosifantutti23 wrote:
BakesFan wrote:
It's the company you keep.
...oh, man!.. and now my mates are getting dissed too?? :cry:

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:
johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Just curious as to everyone's thoughts, personal, on the build up to this game as compared to say those of recent times. Given the events of earlier this year and a strong rivalry in recent times, more so because of the success of both clubs how does everyone generally feel on the eve of what is always an important clash with the most passionate of supporters on both sides of the fence.

Nice post JPBFC. Just remember to keep it nice in 24 hours time and same with our guys too.
Of course Milan..... :D I'm over all the other crap....I dont think my original post was baiting, trolling or whatever u call it here.

In 24 hours, nothing will have changed. I'll be another day older, another day closer to September.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

Of course Milan..... :D I'm over all the other crap....I dont think my original post was baiting, trolling or whatever u call it here.

In 24 hours, nothing will have changed. I'll be another day older, another day closer to September.
I call them chicken worriers, as in worriers of chickens.

8bloggs
Club Player

Anxious

I try not to get emotional at games.

But Collingwood is an exception.

I really do not like their club, players and particularly their supporters.

The latter I can recall several occasions over the last few years where I wonder just how their fans come to be like they are - mostly abusive, unappreciative of anything the opposition has in terms of skill and class, resentful and invariably consistent with the general perception of being toothless, wife beating thieves.

Sure, they are not all all like that - but the ones you mostly remember - ARE.

The prospect of them beating us tomorrow makes my skin crawl. Why? Because I believe we are better than they are, but somehow they keep winning this year and they need to prove they are up with the best this season. Am I confident we will win tomorrow. Yes. But the thought of leaving the G tomorrow with them beating us and their mob bleating really sticks hard in the psyche.

Irrational? Possibly, but this game does that to you at times.

I hope they kick 4 goals 18 tomorrow, we kick 10, that Daisy Thomas drops the ball running down the wing after tearing a hammy, that Luke Ball misses 3 set shots in front of goal, that Leon Davis meets Zac's shoulder, that Milkshake loses it at 3/4 time and gets another fine, that Milne kicks a freak goal a year in front of Joffa, that Dal tears Swan a new one, that Gardy shows Jolly how to ruck, etc, etc.

THAT'S HOW I FEEL!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Jimmy O'Dea is a Saints HERO!!!!!

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Jimmy O'Dea is a Saints HERO!!!!!
Not IMO. Just another average saints footballer who happens to be a pretty good guy.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Just another 4 points to be banked. There is no tension, it's not September yet.

Oh, I forgot, Pies go soggy in September.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
maz1685
Club Player

I hope it does make for a good spectacle with tolerable umpiring as well. You're right both sides have very passionate supporters though unfortunately for fans like you Collingwood generally have the worst, which gives you a bad name, though Saints supporters are definitely catching up.

Look forward to a good game tomorrow arvo :D

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Jimmy O'Dea is a Saints HERO!!!!!
Not IMO. Just another average saints footballer who happens to be a pretty good guy.
Oh f*** it I have to agree.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

TROLL! NFI!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not tense, excited :D

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

It certainly shapes up to be an absolute cracker...

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Hope we keep those filthy bastards goalless

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs