R16 Match Preview: Pies v Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I didn't like it.

I thought it just looked for reasons for St.Kilda to lose rather than Collingwood to win. IMO.

Getting the Riewoldt injury wrong is always going to damage the article.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Yep, very annoying from a Saints supporter's perspective to see that misinformation perpetuated, especially with that bonehead Lloyd doing his best to put the mockers on Nick.

Also I thought it lacked Dave's usual depth of analysis. Seemed a lot shorter than previous efforts. Maybe he's sick of the Pies losing to St Kilda :P

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Moods
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:Yep, very annoying from a Saints supporter's perspective to see that misinformation perpetuated, especially with that bonehead Lloyd doing his best to put the mockers on Nick.

Also I thought it lacked Dave's usual depth of analysis. Seemed a lot shorter than previous efforts. Maybe he's sick of the Pies losing to St Kilda :P
I thought it highlighted what certain parts of the media have been perpetuating. Lloyd has continually been going on about Riewoldts hamstring like he knows what Rooey would be going through, when in fact he had a different injury to Roo. I know ppl keep asking Lloyd, but he should be putting a disclaimour on his answer before putting fwd his opinion. I can see why other supporters, who don't have the same level of interest in his recovery as us, would assume that his hammy was ripped off the bone.

(as a side note to all this, interesting to see that Kerr, who DID have his ripped off the bone, won't be ready to play probably until Rd 22)

AS for the length of Daves analysis - can't believe you thought it was too short. Could it have been any longer?

I actually find other ppl's thoughts (non saints) on the game interesting. AS long as he doesn't come on here baiting everyone, I can't see what the problem is. Surely we're all mature enough to cope with a different opinion?

Saints94
SS Life Member

I'm sick of people comparing Roo's injury to Lloyds for petes sake he ripped his tendon of the bone.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:I'm sick of people comparing Roo's injury to Lloyds for petes sake he ripped his tendon of the bone.
who cares? regardless of what the injury is, every st kilda supporter hopes that he doesn't reinjure or aggravate it in game conditions. it makes no difference what people write about it.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: R16 Match Preview: Pies v Saints

Badlands wrote:To be brutally honest, I'd rather finish 2nd and meet the Pies in wk 1 than finish top and face the Dogs.
seems fairly likely at this point that the saints and pies will finish 2 and 3, so it doesn't make a scrap of difference which finishes slightly higher. i like beating collingwood, but i honestly can't see any result in this game being that much of a worry for either side.

in fact, the only reason i'd like to beat them this week is so that we can beat them in the first week of the finals and then have them get through to the grand final, against us, so that we can beat them four times in one season. that would be a pretty sweet premiership - this time without our stars wearing collingwood jumpers on the podium!

DaVe86
Club Player

bigred wrote:I didn't like it.

I thought it just looked for reasons for St.Kilda to lose rather than Collingwood to win. IMO.

You have to realise I write these for a Collingwood audience. So I'm obviously not going to say "We are no hope, may as well not bother rocking up".

I merely share it with you guys to get your view, and to hear stinger bag the crap out of me.

I can't defend the mistake on Riewoldt'd injury. That was a poor effort on my part and was a pretty lazy touch. The way Lloyd's been going on, I just assumed it was the same injury.

But I'm not a reporter for a major newspaper, this is just a little blog. So it's not like it is edited or anything like that.

On the 2nd and 3rd point...i reckon the Saints could finish top. I reckon Geelong have another loss in them as they are looking slightly vulnerable right now.

Interestingly, despite your terrific record against us, I'd probably still prefer to play the Saints week 1 of finals as opposed to Geelong. Perhaps I'll have changed my mind after Saturday.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

DaVe86 wrote:

You have to realise I write these for a Collingwood audience. So I'm obviously not going to say "We are no hope, may as well not bother rocking up".

I merely share it with you guys to get your view, and to hear stinger bag the crap out of me.

I can't defend the mistake on Riewoldt'd injury. That was a poor effort on my part and was a pretty lazy touch. The way Lloyd's been going on, I just assumed it was the same injury.

But I'm not a reporter for a major newspaper, this is just a little blog. So it's not like it is edited or anything like that.

On the 2nd and 3rd point...i reckon the Saints could finish top. I reckon Geelong have another loss in them as they are looking slightly vulnerable right now.

Interestingly, despite your terrific record against us, I'd probably still prefer to play the Saints week 1 of finals as opposed to Geelong. Perhaps I'll have changed my mind after Saturday.
You will :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

DaVe86 wrote:

i'm told you have us winning bt 7 points.......how much do you have the filth winning by in the version you posted on nicks place....?...is that what it's called....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I thought Dave did a good job,, particularly if he is a Collingwood supporter. Less prejudiced than I would have been.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I thought Dave did a good job,, particularly if he is a Collingwood supporter. Less prejudiced than I would have been.
and me...i would have every saints player thrashing their insipid incompetent filth opponent......but then i don't try and post my thoughts on a filth forum.....

saintlee
Club Player

Given this is written by a Maggies supporter, I thought it was a very balanced and fair preview. Well done Dave.

DaVe86
Club Player

stinger...you amuse me mate! It's almost worth doing the article simply to get your responses.

What you read was posted to an internet site, so the tip is the same everywhere. Therefore on Nick's, BigFooty, theanimal enclosure and even Superfooty all will see me tipping the Saints by 7.

Fess up mate, you actually look forward to me popping onto Saintsational!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

DaVe86 wrote:stinger...you amuse me mate! It's almost worth doing the article simply to get your responses.

What you read was posted to an internet site, so the tip is the same everywhere. Therefore on Nick's, BigFooty, theanimal enclosure and even Superfooty all will see me tipping the Saints by 7.

no......i had competely forgotten you.....next week i will have forgotten you entirely again......one of the advantagers of growing old.....you only remember the important things...and people...in life....i'm totally surprised you remember me at all...... :wink: :wink: :lol:

one of the important things in my life was seeing my beloved saints snatch another flag out of your thieving hands...i still go to bed happy from relieving those memories....

markp
Saintsational Legend

DaVe86, I'd be interested to know your general tipping success rate, and how your reception on Saintsational compares to other forums?

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

DaVe86 wrote:stinger...you amuse me mate! It's almost worth doing the article simply to get your responses.

What else would he do, Dave?

Welcome back by the way. Always look forward to your analysis when we play each other!

Liked the article, even in spite of the Riewoldt remark that was incorrect.

I've noticed the last three or four times you've done this article you have tipped us to win and we've won so.... let's rack up another valuable 4 points this week Sainters! :P

(Enjoy the game, mate!)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:

Welcome back by the way. Always look forward to your analysis when we play each other!

I've noticed the last three or four times you've done this article you have tipped us to win and we've won so.... let's rack up another valuable 4 points this week Sainters! :P

(Enjoy the game, mate!)

:wink: :wink: :wink:

and

:lol: :lol: :lol:

...the guy should come out and admit it...he is a closet saints supporter....

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:

(Enjoy the game, mate!)

:wink: :wink: :wink:

and

...the guy should come out and admit it...he is a closet saints supporter....
Indeed.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:I'm sick of people comparing Roo's injury to Lloyds for petes sake he ripped his tendon of the bone.
And Lloyd was never half the player that Roo is.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Another very strange post.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

ace wrote:
that's a very one eyed opinion.

Lloyd almost kicked 1000 goals in one of the toughest goal kicking periods in AFL/VFL history.

They played very different roles too.

I would say they are both excellent players at their given role.

DaVe86
Club Player

markp wrote:DaVe86, I'd be interested to know your general tipping success rate, and how your reception on Saintsational compares to other forums?
I'm going alright this year on 87 tips.

In terms of Saintsational v other forums...let's just say I cop it way more on this forum than any other. This is the one forum im generally not well received.

Which is fine with me because it adds a different perspective to this game because its typically banter. Every supporter group is different...and Saints fans hate Collingwood fans more than even Carlton fans do. So I don't expect praise.

Unfortunately this time I made a pretty bad mistake with the Riewoldt comment. As someone else pointed out, these previews have condensed a bit as I'm putting them up on some websites and they didn't want them as long winded and sloppy. But it has less analysis now.

Interesting team selections.

We'll send Macaffer onto Goddard because he can play in any position and physically matches Goddaard. Caff picked up around 35 touches last week in the VFL, but made his name as a small forward or back pocket. Unfortunately, at AFL level his kicking on goal is haunting him.

Leon Davis is also a big in for us as he leads the AFL for inside 50 tackles. Suprised not to see Medhurst come in over Lockyer who never plays well against the Saints.

Who is Jones going to tag? I think he'll go to Pendlebury or Didak, leaving Swan to go head to head against Hayes. That will be a great matchup.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

DaVe86 wrote:
We'll send Macaffer onto Goddard because he can play in any position and physically matches Goddaard.

....bahahahahahahahahahahahh........as acker would say......some no-name dribber on one of the best players in the afl...... :roll: :twisted: ...now you really are talking crap....if that happens ..i'm tipping three charlie votes to bj....at least your boy will get to see an a class footballer up close.....something he wont have seen at filth park.... :wink: :wink:

35...LEGEND
Club Player

DaVe86 wrote:
markp wrote:DaVe86, I'd be interested to know your general tipping success rate, and how your reception on Saintsational compares to other forums?

Leon Davis is also a big in for us

:shock: :shock:

Yes,he is a big in for us :D

35...LEGEND
Club Player

DaVe86 wrote:
Lockyer who never plays well against the Saints.

never play's well against anyone these day's.

Just a cheating skirt who might bag a couple now and then.

Thank's Mick :wink: