GT on Footy Classified yesterday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

IcanKickit
Club Player

you might wanna reread my post.

ie .. read whats written.

in answer to your question ...obviously , we paid the price for 'saying what needed to be said'.

BUT .... the 'bigger picture' demanded that it be said.

saintsfooty : 'Nothing wrong with that. Infact, it is brilliant to have everyone embracing it.'
IcanKickit
Club Player

imo.

saintsfooty : 'Nothing wrong with that. Infact, it is brilliant to have everyone embracing it.'
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

IcanKickit wrote:you might wanna reread my post.

in answer to your question ...obviously , we paid the price for 'saying what needed to be said'.

Yes I did read what you said. You claimed that we were already being penalised by the AFL 'prior' to Grant's comments. I don't agree with that. Prior to Thommo, we were a club low on the ladder and we had a fixture at the time that reflected that. There were no other issues such as 'siren gate' and the 'whispers in the sky' controversies. These were the direct results of comments by GT after he slammed the AFL and the umpires.

'Siren gate' ended up costing us a finals appearance. The umpiring in the 'whispers in the sky' game cost us a match as well. Glad you can sleep better because Grant had the 'intestinal fortitude' to say what needed to be said. Personally, I would have preferred that he kept his childish temper tantrums to himself and instead take his issues up with the relevant parties behind closed doors where they belong.

That said, I love watching him on FC (most of the time) and listening to his comments now that he is no longer directly associated with our club.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

IMHO :P

Fortius Quo Fidelius
matrix
Saintsational Legend

so in saying that then...
standing up and saying whats right to the detriment of others causes you to cop some not very nice tactics...

basically its who you know in this sport and who you are high up with
its rigged to a certain extent i reckon

IcanKickit
Club Player

i'm glad to see you agree that grant did/said nothing 'outside of the natural order of things' before round 21 (?) 2005.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

IcanKickit wrote:i'm glad to see you agree that grant did/said nothing 'outside of the natural order of things' before round 21 (?) 2005.
Where did I post that? I clearly posted two clear examples of where his rantings directly impacted on us as a club. I am sure I could go back and find some earlier examples if it will help you sleep tonight.....:P

Bottom line is, it doesn't matter how far into his tenure he was, he shouldn't have made the comments that he did in the public forum at all.

The AFL will make you pay if you paint them in light they find 'less than flattering'. They rule our league with an iron fist and you will suffer if you publicly name and shame. No different than the real world.

For the record, some of his comments had merit, but the way that he aired them and the strength of the language he used was not appropriate. The club is bigger than the ego of 1 individual. GT just never understood that concept. I am sure he felt better by slamming the umpires at the time of the comments. I wonder how much 'better' he felt after the repercussions.........

Fortius Quo Fidelius
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

IcanKickit wrote:you might wanna reread my post.

And I thought you were banned?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Saints43
Club Player

I don't remember James Hirds' criticism of the umpires in 2004 having a negative effect on their match results or future fixtures.

We have tried it all ways - speak out like a big club - kowtow like a good club - be passive like a small club - it makes no difference to the way we are treated.

Sirengate would have happened to us no matter what. But Adrian Anderson would never have downgraded the result of an Essendon match by overriding the laws of the game.

Saints43
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:And I thought you were banned?
How would you know? Is there a published list?

IcanKickit
Club Player

You claimed that we were already being penalised by the AFL 'prior' to Grant's comments.
where did i 'claim' that ?

IcanKickit
Club Player

is that a statement or a question ?

although i see you've been hiding for nearly 3 months .

embarrassed yourself with your over the top, insipid GT tanty did you ?
found out as a snakeoil salesman, and just purpled away into the night!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

IcanKickit wrote:

How are you allowed to post under another nic whilst banned?

Banned three times in the past five months and now posting again while banned, impressive........ quite an achievement!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
IcanKickit
Club Player

i gather from that classic long winded short on fact diatribe that it was a statement.

i am not na exa.

is this understandable you suckhole of the establishment ? <---------- 'question'

you always were a dobber's dobber ! <----------- 'statement'

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
IcanKickit wrote:

How are you allowed to post under another nic whilst banned?

Banned three times in the past five months and now posting again while banned, impressive........ quite an achievement!
I am sure that this is not the case in this instance, but for your information and to answer your question, the answer is Yes.

Read: SAINTSATIONAL ACCOUNTS
We do not actively discourage nor encourage multiple accounts. It all comes back to the RESPECT guideline. If you are acting in a harmless manner for a bit of fun, then everyone can laugh along. If you are acting with malicious intent, then this activity will be actioned by the Moderators under the Penalty System.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Milne>GT :P

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Saints43 wrote:I don't remember James Hirds' criticism of the umpires in 2004 having a negative effect on their match results or future fixtures.
Did you hear James Hird's comments? Why do you think he made them? :P
Saints43 wrote:We have tried it all ways - speak out like a big club - kowtow like a good club - be passive like a small club - it makes no difference to the way we are treated.

Sirengate would have happened to us no matter what. But Adrian Anderson would never have downgraded the result of an Essendon match by overriding the laws of the game.
Do you honestly believe that if Ross, Paul Roo's or any other coach that has a modicum of respect from the AFL would have received a similar outcome? We will never know. However, Andrew Demetriou could not WAIT to stick it to Grant Thomas. If you don't believe that, you are delusional.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
ctqs
Club Player

Footy Classified is shortened to FC for a reason.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.