GT on Footy Classified yesterday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

GT on Footy Classified yesterday

did you hear the bit from Grant saying that they lost to brisbane bydue to cramps and that was because the training services did tnot give the guys enough fluid?

I mean really, should not have GT take some ownership for anything when he was coach? Certainly he does not think that Training Services had anything, Anything to do with him.

i just shook my head at his comment as laughed away a loss

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: GT on Footy Classified yesterday

saintly wrote:did you hear the bit from Grant saying that they lost to brisbane bydue to cramps and that was because the training services did tnot give the guys enough fluid?

I mean really, should not have GT take some ownership for anything when he was coach? Certainly he does not think that Training Services had anything, Anything to do with him.

He is critised for running everything and no he is critised for not running everything. Anyway he is gone so who cares.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

The return spray to Patrick Smith was pretty good.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

35...LEGEND wrote:The return spray to Patrick Smith was pretty good.
Not really. GT had with one simple line and that was if he is so umimportant anymore then why does Smith continue to write about him.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:did you hear the bit from Grant saying that they lost to brisbane bydue to cramps and that was because the training services did tnot give the guys enough fluid?

the context was- (as I read what he said)
they were trialling an increase in caffeine( in tablet form) intake- but did not also increase fluid intake

and the side affect of increased coffee- caffeine is dehydration- and a need for more fluid as in water-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stinger
Saintsational Legend

that was well publicised at the time.....common knowledge that someone f***ed up...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
35...LEGEND
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Not really. GT had with one simple line and that was if he is so umimportant anymore then why does Smith continue to write about him.
Said a bit more than that.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

35...LEGEND wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I heard what Patrick said but what I am saying is GT had one simple quote for him but Patrick still continues to write and talk about a guy that he also sas is irrelevent. Makes me wonder about Patrick's brain.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
35...LEGEND wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I heard what Patrick said but what I am saying is GT had one simple quote for him but Patrick still continues to write and talk about a guy that he also sas is irrelevent. Makes me wonder about Patrick's brain.
ok

bozza1980
Club Player

I didn't read as he was blaming anyone, just saying it was a stuff up, which it was.

As for laughing off a loss, the game was 5+ years ago, c'mon, surely he shouldn't be expected to beat himself up this long afterwards.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah I agree with this - who could even be bothered now to check on the RELATIVE importance of the game they were discussing.
It is nevertheless odd that our staff experimented with a drug during an important (4 point) game without having trialled it in other circumstances.
I actually thought it was quite funny when he explained he was sober and not high on anything - especially after the discussions last week. I reckon he might read our forum! :lol:

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:Yeah I agree with this - who could even be bothered now to check on the RELATIVE importance of the game they were discussing.
It is nevertheless odd that our staff experimented with a drug during an important (4 point) game without having trialled it in other circumstances.
I actually thought it was quite funny when he explained he was sober and not high on anything - especially after the discussions last week. I reckon he might read our forum! :lol:

they all do.....read it that is.....some even contribute...that right plugga???

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Kevin Bartlett was onto Patrick Smith the other morning and had him sounding like he was going to cry. He accused Pat of being obsessed by Thommo. And played the audio of Thomas cutting him up with his criticism. Pretty funny that the guy still s***s people after being out of the system for so long. He pissed them off for being a self appointed coach, now they hate him for being a self appointed media man.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I personally find Thomas fascinating for what he DOESN'T say. He's intriguing from the POV that he adds nothing, and yet he's always the go to guy on a slow news day. That's why he's the target - perhaps obsessively - by certain scribes out there. Ignoring GT would be a far better way of criticising him you'd reckon.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Didnt hear the story from G.T.

Was he talking about a particular game at the Gabba ? If so, the beltings I witnessed, they needed a lot more than water in them, I'd suggest rocket fuel wouldnt have got them over the line in those games !!

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe one day GT will actually say what he thinks - like about the umpires, AFL, Buttersss, fitness staff, umpires, Milney, Harves, Everitt, Hall and umpires, booze and drugs and ruckmen and overseas trips, weddings and umpires and how annoying it is to have your car run out of petrol!
Interesting chap - with lots to contribute - I actually love to wait for the next installment - it is a bit like waiting for Tony Abbott to say something meaningful - and the wait could go on forever. :lol:

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

So unprofessional its not funny.

What a disgrace.

mustangjack
Club Player

Whats with all the crap hung on Thommo ,he was so unlucky not to win a flag, a bit of luck here or there and ypu people would be singing his praises. The man loved STKILDA as we all do. The players loved him which was more important than the people on here ,not to mention he played for the club . Oh and on the media i wouldnt bother watching fc if he wasnt on, the other 3 are full of s*** ffs :roll:

Saints94
SS Life Member

Im sorry about this, but who is Patrick Smith?

shmic_s
Club Player

mustangjack wrote:Whats with all the crap hung on Thommo ,he was so unlucky not to win a flag, a bit of luck here or there and ypu people would be singing his praises. The man loved STKILDA as we all do. The players loved him which was more important than the people on here ,not to mention he played for the club . Oh and on the media i wouldnt bother watching fc if he wasnt on, the other 3 are full of s*** ffs :roll:
No doubt he loved St Kilda and i'm sure alot of the players loved him.
That does not make him a good coach thou, and lately he seems to be making a number of 'interesting' comments about his time in charge.
He's a St Kilda person, no doubt, and a bit of a character to boot. A great coach... NO. But hey, thats just my opinion

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

shmic_s wrote:
mustangjack wrote:Whats with all the crap hung on Thommo ,he was so unlucky not to win a flag, a bit of luck here or there and ypu people would be singing his praises. The man loved STKILDA as we all do. The players loved him which was more important than the people on here ,not to mention he played for the club . Oh and on the media i wouldnt bother watching fc if he wasnt on, the other 3 are full of s*** ffs :roll:
No doubt he loved St Kilda and i'm sure alot of the players loved him.
That does not make him a good coach thou, and lately he seems to be making a number of 'interesting' comments about his time in charge.
He's a St Kilda person, no doubt, and a bit of a character to boot. A great coach... NO. But hey, thats just my opinion
This plus also the fact that he couldn't keep his mouth shut (yes, I did agree with some of his comments, but open hostility towards the AFL ain't going to do you any favours!).

His constant rantings cost us. Remember 'siren gate', 'whispers in the sky' and the game against Port Adelaide where Anderson admitted there were numerous umpiring 'mistakes' made against us just to name a few? Not to forget to mention that we were receiving the worst season fixtures in the league and we were a top 4 side. These are just a few of the 'punishments' we received.

You reap what you sow and GT made it so damn difficult for us it was ridiculous. Winning a premiership is not just about having a supremely talented side, it is also about a lot of luck. Very hard to win one when the odds are stacked against you before you even step on the field!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
spert
Saintsational Legend

I wish GT well, but for gawd's sake can we put him to bed on this forum, he is long gone, did his best, and is no longer relevant to the Saints future.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Talking about FC geez I'm glad Gary Lyon didn't put his hand up for the St.Kilda job. Has tickets on himself big time and adds nothing of value to any of the discussions. The guy is a blank canvas.

Another opportunity awaits!
IcanKickit
Club Player

His constant rantings cost us. Remember 'siren gate', 'whispers in the sky' and the game against Port Adelaide where Anderson admitted there were numerous umpiring 'mistakes' made against us just to name a few? Not to forget to mention that we were receiving the worst season fixtures in the league and we were a top 4 side. These are just a few of the 'punishments' we received.
TOSH.

we were 'already' being p*ssed on from a great height ... before tommo had the balls to say what needed to be said.

imoo, of course.

saintsfooty : 'Nothing wrong with that. Infact, it is brilliant to have everyone embracing it.'
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

IcanKickit wrote:
TOSH.

we were 'already' being p*ssed on from a great height ... before tommo had the balls to say what needed to be said.

imoo, of course.
TOSH back at ya'. :P

If you, in your 'opinion' can honestly tell me that 'whispers in the sky' and 'siren gate' had nothing to do with Thommo and his rantings publicly about umpires, you need your head read!

Do you not remember what Tony Jones 'supposedly' over heard? Seriously, have a good think about it.

Grant did his best, but ultimately, it was not good enough unfortunately. Regardless of my personal opinion of him, he 100% had my support whilst he was the coach of our club. Was I glad that he was sacked? Yes. However, if you are coaching my club, you will have my full support, even if you leave me scratching my head at times........

Fortius Quo Fidelius