Ricky Nixon & the Saints - CWilson Age article

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lendog heaven
Club Player

Ricky Nixon & the Saints - CWilson Age article

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/h ... 107wy.html

The days that led up to Nixon's collapse included the sacking last Thursday of his client Mark Williams at Port Adelaide, one of several coaches in his stable including Rodney Eade, Brett Ratten and Williams' former assistant Dean Laidley. It also included some intense work with St Kilda over the weekend and Nixon handles a large proportion of the Saints' senior line-up.

Nixon's relationship with the Saints saw him become emotional during the media frenzy over the allegations regarding two young Saints and a 16-year-old schoolgirl. Nixon was in contact with both the pregnant teenager and her school principal when the story was at its zenith and beyond, to the extent that the AFL had to intervene and and request he desist.

Tramps like us.............
stinger
Saintsational Legend

shakes head...... :roll: :roll: :roll: ...wtf caroline?????? :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

why does this slapper constantly attack our club with supposition and innuendo and allow the Richmond drub benders such leniency?

Seriously stuffed.

“Yeah….nah””
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:why does this slapper constantly attack our club with supposition and innuendo and allow the Richmond drub benders such leniency?
She writes like it's fact, but it still sounds like innuendo...maybe I just can't take her seriously, or maybe it's her writing style. Either way, Caro's easy to ignore.

FC is crap too...it's like a live-to-air real life Twitter.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

She's a gossip-mag journo, nothing more.

Losing respect for her by the week

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

There really seems to be some sort of media obsession with St Kilda and trying to link us with everything scandalous in the AFL.

I agree with stinger.....wtf?

Keep your eyes focussed on the Holy Grail boys.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ricky Nixon & the Saints - CWilson Age article

lendog heaven wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/h ... 107wy.html

The days that led up to Nixon's collapse included the sacking last Thursday of his client Mark Williams at Port Adelaide, one of several coaches in his stable including Rodney Eade, Brett Ratten and Williams' former assistant Dean Laidley. It also included some intense work with St Kilda over the weekend and Nixon handles a large proportion of the Saints' senior line-up.

Nixon's relationship with the Saints saw him become emotional during the media frenzy over the allegations regarding two young Saints and a 16-year-old schoolgirl. Nixon was in contact with both the pregnant teenager and her school principal when the story was at its zenith and beyond, to the extent that the AFL had to intervene and and request he desist.
Maybe she talk more about Dane Beams!

Another opportunity awaits!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Its amazing but I actually feel as though Im getting beyond the clique that is the football media.

The Hun is tabloid trash, Age has Carlotta running gossip, Australian has a complete halfwit in smith....

On TV - One Week At A Time..............has potential......but ch 10 hang on to the fool Quarterbrain who gives us no credit and raves about Horethorn EVERY minute.

Classified is garbage.....utter Gary Lyon fence sitting cr@p with Hutchy tryong to be antagonistic.

Dont have pay so cant say......but its getting harder to get some real, balanced football opinion/analysis......

“Yeah….nah””
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Interesting read. Not to worry, Nixon will put her back in her box once he is up and about again.

Interesting to note that her articles are becoming 'speculative' pieces this year as compared to her predominantly 'factual' pieces from sources in the past. Speaks volumes if you ask me. Seems a lot of her sources no longer wish to divulge their information to her so she is forced to add 2 + 2 and is coming up with 5!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Read it twice because I couldnt see a problem with it the first time. Still couldnt the second time. Do people actually see things that arent in an article. Talk about jumping at shadows.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

There are three references to St Kilda - one about Nixon's work on the weekend (probably contract paperwork), one about the pregnant schoolgirl scandal, and one about the Baker MRP furore.

She uses the second reference to help paint a character portrait but I'm stuffed if I can see what the other two are for. And surely there are stronger behavioural examples to draw from in Nixon's dealings with Cousins.

Considering her last article featuring the Saints, I'm not prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Guttersnipe.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

No doubt the hogwart is trying to give her doomed st.kilda story (from a couple of weeks ago) some cred with another cunningly identified new downward element, at Ricky Nixon's expense. Further evidence of the eagles-like poison that is circumventing the club.
What an old rag she is.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I know the media have to make their papers sell but muck raking is so distasteful.

I am biased from the start though, I dont enjoy her writing style and have hardly ever agreed with her opinion on anything.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Caroline Wilson fail.

Yet again.

Oxygen thief.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Read it twice because I couldnt see a problem with it the first time. Still couldnt the second time. Do people actually see things that arent in an article. Talk about jumping at shadows.
It's the reference to the St.Kilda football club and the pregnant teenager. She fails to mention the Collingwood football club and the player who was actually responsible for the pregnancy. Blame by stealth? Maybe Nixon is feeling the heat because Cousins pissed him off as his manager. I wonder why she didn't put in the reference that maybe the Richmond football club was causing him stress? Maybe you get the drift now, maybe not hey!
Last edited by Moccha on Wed 14 Jul 2010 10:28am, edited 2 times in total.

Another opportunity awaits!
The Craw
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Its amazing but I actually feel as though Im getting beyond the clique that is the football media.

The Hun is tabloid trash, Age has Carlotta running gossip, Australian has a complete halfwit in smith....

On TV - One Week At A Time..............has potential......but ch 10 hang on to the fool Quarterbrain who gives us no credit and raves about Horethorn EVERY minute.

Classified is garbage.....utter Gary Lyon fence sitting cr@p with Hutchy tryong to be antagonistic.

Dont have pay so cant say......but its getting harder to get some real, balanced football opinion/analysis......
Do yourself a favour Teflon, invest in foxtel and watch on the couch. Particularly James Hird. Probably the most balanced opinion on footy....period.

Not Craw, CRAW!
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

The Craw wrote:
Teflon wrote:Its amazing but I actually feel as though Im getting beyond the clique that is the football media.

Do yourself a favour Teflon, invest in foxtel and watch on the couch. Particularly James Hird. Probably the most balanced opinion on footy....period.
Absolutely. Also enjoyed the 2 new shows that aired last week on Fox. Don't watch any football shows on FTA.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I couldn't understand what she was gabbing on about the first two times I read the article.

However, mayb she was talking about the htree players who were
re-signed last week and he could have all been their manager and might have been referring to the contract negoiations.

Who knows as the article was badly written.

Can't have been too scandalous as the Saints weren't mention until half way through "Footy Classified"

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ricky Nixon & the Saints - CWilson Age article

Moccha wrote:
lendog heaven wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/h ... 107wy.html

Maybe she talk more about Dane Beams!
I did just have a vision of a baby born with a sleeve tattoo... Distasteful, yes. But amusing nevertheless.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Her musings are really becoming very much the unfettered ramblings of of sad, bitter woman soaked to the bone in cheap chablis...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
westy
Club Player

Sam Newman was right all along!

I'm livin' in a madhouse
battye
Saintsational Legend

On The Couch is pretty much the only one left of any value, which is pretty disappointing considering the number of AFL analysis shows there are on air.

Of course, White Line Fever was in a league of its own.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Read it twice because I couldnt see a problem with it the first time. Still couldnt the second time. Do people actually see things that arent in an article. Talk about jumping at shadows.

...oh what a f****** surprise.....the journo/afl loving troll doesn't see a problem..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Caroline Wilson continues to burn her bridges... this time with Essendon:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

...oh what a f****** surprise.....the journo/afl loving troll doesn't see a problem..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
And the man with hate and anger in nearly every comment continues to be consistent. Constantly angry.

By the way how is Travis Clokes uncle, Peter Carey going. At least you have proved you are a liar so I would suggest that also goes for what you claim your profession is. Some had you pegged early but now it seems we all have you pegged. Claiming you know the Cloke family and then get the uncle's name wrong. Hilarious.