Should the Fan Forum and Opposition Forums be merged?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Should the Fan Forum and Opposition/General Footy Discussion Forum be Merged?

Poll ended at Mon 19 Jul 2010 8:06pm

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 122

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Majority rules!

And I also vote to unhide the General Forum. Be proud of your site not ashamed.
Since when has the management of this site taken any notice of popular opinion?

If we are not careful, a bad case of democracy will break out, and the sky will fall.
The irony is coming thick and fast. You are never careful, GO.

Should be called Careless Whisper :wink:

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:And I also vote to unhide the General Forum. Be proud of your site not ashamed.
Last time I looked there was nothing to be proud of there.

It was a bastion of sooking and whining after a couple of months of concerted efforts to suck whatever good will was there out of it. :|

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Depends whether we are working within a democracy or a dictatorship, doesn't it?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:And I also vote to unhide the General Forum. Be proud of your site not ashamed.

It was a bastion of sooking and whining after a couple of months of concerted efforts to suck whatever good will was there out of it. :|
Might be worth another updated look then.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Depends whether we are working within a democracy or a dictatorship, doesn't it?
You having a moment? Just because s66au pushed your buttons, you revert to hippie days of protesting against the bourgeoisie.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Milan Faletic wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

If we are not careful, a bad case of democracy will break out, and the sky will fall.

I shouldn't have to remind you that I am not known for my good-natured tolerance to certain posters. Best you do not place yourself in that category Milan.

I am not seeing the humour in your posts of late.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:

You get out of it what you put in. :wink:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Depends whether we are working within a democracy or a dictatorship, doesn't it?
You having a moment? Just because s66au pushed your buttons, you revert to hippie days of protesting against the bourgeoisie.
What? Milan, take a breath. I wasn't even talking to you. I was responding to GO's democracy comment.

And I was actually saying that democracy means nothing as this board is not a democracy.

So maybe you might be having a moment, as you so eloquently put it! 8-)

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

I shouldn't have to remind you that I am not known for my good-natured tolerance to certain posters. Best you do not place yourself in that category Milan.

Is that a threat, GO?

You asked when the admin has ever listened to popular opinion. I am part of the admin and I seem to be the only one who will respond to you.

Relax GO, all in good fun.

You dish it out, be prepared to take it on the chin as well. :wink:
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Tue 13 Jul 2010 4:59pm, edited 4 times in total.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
What? Milan, take a breath. I wasn't even talking to you. I was responding to GO's democracy comment.

And I was actually saying that democracy means nothing as this board is not a democracy.

I'm fine SEN but as part of the current admin, someone questioned whether it is a democracy or a dictatorship, that's all, and I responded.

This thread is great. Unfortunately, GO has just given me a warning to not cross him, just because I responded to his post. All too serious sometimes.

We're expected to take stabs for the past.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

I'm fine SEN but as part of the current admin, someone questioned whether it is a democracy or a dictatorship, that's all, and I responded.

This thread is great. Unfortunately, GO has just given me a warning to not cross him.
You also responded by having a go at me, asking me if I was 'having a moment' ie having a turn, or something, because someone else had pressed my buttons.

But as long as you are fine, all is good.

So whilst you want to have the question: In your eyes, is SS a democracy or a dictatorship?

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

Is that a threat, GO?

You asked when the admin has ever listened to popular opinion. I am part of the admin and I seem to be the only one who will respond to you.

I would have thought that it was outside the role of a moderator to bait posters until they retaliate.

Why don't you resign as moderator? I would be quite prepared to both take it on the chin from you and dish it out in equal proportions in that circumstance.

Taking potshots behind the moderating shield is just plain cowardice.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

Is that a threat, GO?

I would have thought that it was outside the role of a moderator to bait posters until they retaliate.

Why don't you resign as moderator? I would be quite prepared to both take it on the chin from you and dish it out in equal proportions in that circumstance.

Taking potshots behind the moderating shield is just plain cowardice.
Just relax GO, I know what you are doing. :wink:
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Tue 13 Jul 2010 5:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

This thread is great. Unfortunately, GO has just given me a warning to not cross him.
You also responded by having a go at me, asking me if I was 'having a moment' ie having a turn, or something, because someone else had pressed my buttons.

So whilst you want to have the question: In your eyes, is SS a democracy or a dictatorship?
Democracy

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

Democracy
Interesting. I can't see how as we don't vote for changes, and we don't vote for the leadership. We aren't really the constituency, we are just anonymous flogs on an internet forum.

But now that my 'turn' has ceased, maybe I might be able to control myself a bit better and see the democracy running rampant.

I took my pills so the 'turn' has finished. Lucky too....I was really out of control there. :roll:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote: Just relax GO, I know what you are doing. :wink:
No you don't.

You don't even know what you are doing.

markp
Saintsational Legend

This is going well.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:This is going well.
It was for a while there.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
Random, but welcome political comment.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:
Random, but welcome political comment.
A couple of more things I would like to mention in my comments.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
It was for a while there.
No biggie. Not for me anyway. :wink:

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
matrix wrote:yeah so lets have some important stuff on the main page but the lesser, not so important stuff over on the other side, and if people post opp stuff in the main site and its not really news worthy then it can just be moved over to the opp/sports area

Like that too. s66au suggested that as well. Hey guess what, despite the quest to argue and be negative, we are coming up with a combination of good ideas. Amazing how constructive we can be when we put our weapons down. :wink:

So maybe the Opp Forum becomes the Opposition/All Sports Forum.

The Gen Forum is just for non sports issues, stories, jokes, anecdotes and current affairs.

If a non Saints story is big enough it can be posted on the Fan Forum and the mods will have the discretion to move threads.

How is that sounding? Nothing major IMHO.
Yes, sarcasm or not that does sound reasonable.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:

The Opposition Forum was created when the majority of posters wished non-Saints topics to be taken off the Saints Forum. A thread congratulating Brad Johnson breaking the Dogs game record was the catalyst

The players we sponsor were chosen by a vote, as was the banner style to display them. Heck even your complaint last year about the implied racism in the order the players were displayed was discussed openly, with as I recall the majority of posters being comfortable withg the existing order.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
vacuous space
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:The Opposition Forum was created when the majority of posters wished non-Saints topics to be taken off the Saints Forum. A thread congratulating Brad Johnson breaking the Dogs game record was the catalyst
I went trying to find that thread. I found a Johnno thread that ended in lock. If anyone wants to see the kind of quality discussion we used to have on opposition players, that one is a shining example:

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=40972

Maybe we've grown more mature over our time apart, but I'm not that optimistic.

Yeah nah pleasing positive