Milney ahead of S.Johnson, Podsiadly, Buddy, Betts and Didak

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Milney ahead of S.Johnson, Podsiadly, Buddy, Betts and Didak

...and Chapman too.

Just thought it was an interesting stat that Milney is ahead of all those players in the goalkicking.

Thought it might make an interesting discussion.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

and to think if some guy who was smashed on alcohol and popping pills all the time,

yes I'm talking about Grant "fitness and conditioning staff are overrated" Thomas,

if Mr Snakeoil had of had his way Milney would be playing for Essendon,

many thanks that the one on the liquid fix and $500,000 a year ( which he paid himself after he appointed himself ) was exited out and not exited in before he could continue on with his blathering nonsense and bubblehead buffoonery,

FAIR DINKUM

Milney is a champion and only a complete idiot or someone so sloshed on alcohol and off their head on a diet of sleeping pills and coffee tar could be so stupid and vacuous to trade away a player like Stephen Milne!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:and to think if some guy who was smashed on alcohol and popping pills all the time,

yes I'm talking about Grant "fitness and conditioning staff are overrated" Thomas,

many thanks that the one on the liquid fix and $500,000 a year ( which he paid himself after he appointed himself ) was exited out and not exited in before he could continue on with his blathering nonsense and bubblehead buffoonery,

FAIR DINKUM

Milney is a champion and only a complete idiot or someone so sloshed on alcohol and off their head on a diet of sleeping pills and coffee tar could be so stupid and vacuous to trade away a player like Stephen Milne!

Good post! :D

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:and to think if some guy who was smashed on alcohol and popping pills all the time,

FAIR DINKUM

i agree.

Milne has never at any point in his career been lazy or undisciplined, and nobody has ever considered it worthwhile to cut him from the list or trade him

At no point over the last 6-7yrs has that happened, especially not after the grandfinal

At various points in his career, Milne has been worthy of the criticism he has copped...
Ross is a better coach then GT and has has got the best out of him, let that not change the fact that Stephen has needed a real kick up the a$$ at times

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote:

FAIR DINKUM

i agree.

Milne has never at any point in his career been lazy or undisciplined, and nobody has ever considered it worthwhile to cut him from the list or trade him

At no point over the last 6-7yrs has that happened, especially not after the grandfinal

At various points in his career, Milne has been worthy of the criticism he has copped...
Ross is a better coach then GT and has has got the best out of him, let that not change the fact that Stephen has needed a real kick up the a$$ at times
So has Dal. Has looked lazy and lethargic at numerous times before he and milney were dropped a couple of years ago. Grant never spoke of trading him.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i didnt realise GT was part of saint kilda anymore

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

You can bank it in that Yapper won't be All Aus infront of any of them.

For starters the unhealthy love that some on the AA selection panel have for some of the players you have mentioned means that Milney's year will be rated behind them. He'll get a mention in the initial squad but Betts or the shooter will get in.

Secondly Ross is all about the team and team success. Whilst Ratten will try to deflect attention away from the rancid pile that his club is cooking up by spruiking the dumbest bloke on the planet as an AA small fwd, Ross will be focusing on the big prize.

Eddie will start up his annual 'no filth players in AA is a disgrace' campaign and will no doubt mention the decade old whine about 'no filth players in the team of the century'.

Chapman is a champ though & if he plays enough games should get in.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

FAIR DINKUM

Barks forever do you ever post about anything else? Your fascination with GT is getting scary! It is time to move on and let it go!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Milney should have been 2 times all australian already... His season of 60+ a few years ago was just an outstanding season, as is this season...

For Medhurst and Davis to get AA caps ahead of him recently shows just how caught up many get in the media bullsh1t...

Conversely, the public/opposition hate for Milney has seen his good games and outstanding returns be overlooked by his bad games, which are and always have been extremely rare...

Champion player who deserves far more credit than he gets...

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:i didnt realise GT was part of saint kilda anymore
Shhhhhhhhh

If everyone catches on this won't be a good story any more !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote: So has Dal. Has looked lazy and lethargic at numerous times before he and milney were dropped a couple of years ago. Grant never spoke of trading him.
ummm that's because he's a better player and has performed better/more consistently for longer and has had fewer if any off field controversys

older saint
SS Life Member

Milne has played more games than Buddy, SJ this year. Chapman plays midfield more now days.
He has had a very good year, perhpas best so far and maybe AA

He is NOT a champion though. The word gets thrown around willy nilly and it is my pet hate. The way it gets used downgrades true champions like R Harvey, A Lockett, etc..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:Milne has played more games than Buddy, SJ this year. Chapman plays midfield more now days.
He has had a very good year, perhpas best so far and maybe AA

He is NOT a champion though. The word gets thrown around willy nilly and it is my pet hate. The way it gets used downgrades true champions like R Harvey, A Lockett, etc..
I think you can have a champion year though and Chapman is having one so far this year.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Until Milney performs in the big finals, he aint up there with Chapman

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Until Milney performs in the big finals, he aint up there with Chapman
Fair call. Let's hope it happens this year.