riewoldt targeted unfairly, says lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RoseInOz
Club Player

I was at the game and was very upset by the way Merritt targeted Roo. On the other hand my husband says he thinks that Zac did a great job on Fevola and definitely won that battle.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Merrett was under orders from lowlife Voss.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Merrett was under orders from lowlife Voss.
Clarke? Patrell? Buchanan?. Don't stop at one !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

RoseInOz wrote:I was at the game and was very upset by the way Merritt targeted Roo. On the other hand my husband says he thinks that Zac did a great job on Fevola and definitely won that battle.
Yes his second half on Fev was great. Fev gave him a bath in the first half though and Zac was dishing out those lil forearm jolts to Fev's back that scored him a dressing down from the umpire and was probably lucky not to give away a free kick

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
RoseInOz wrote:I was at the game and was very upset by the way Merritt targeted Roo. On the other hand my husband says he thinks that Zac did a great job on Fevola and definitely won that battle.
Yes his second half on Fev was great. Fev gave him a bath in the first half though and Zac was dishing out those lil forearm jolts to Fev's back that scored him a dressing down from the umpire and was probably lucky not to give away a free kick
Yep. Dont see the difference between Zac's rubbish on Fev and Merrett's rubbish on Rooy. Just looks stupid and doesnt do a thing to stop a player getting the ball. I couldnt give a stuff about Merrett but I'd rather Zac concentrate on the ball.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

7 WEEKS TO GO

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Is it just me that thinks that the treatment that Roo copped is simply part of the deal?

Or at least should be.

I mean seriously, a couple of little bumps to a 6 foot 3 dude who weighs 100 kilos.

It should be like the old days when if the umpire saw that type of stuff he'd whisper to you that you get a free shot at the bloke.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The only one that troubles me was Buchanan's in the back. Don't care who the player is at a bloke in the back is weak, ugly, unnecessary etc etc...

The other stuff is tiddliwinks...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:The only one that troubles me was Buchanan's in the back. Don't care who the player is at a bloke in the back is weak, ugly, unnecessary etc etc...

Ermmm Zac was handing them out to Fev as well...very similar to what Scott Thompson did to BBBBBH a few weeks ago.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

don't go along with what zac was doing...little girlie nudges in the back ffs....either whack him properly or leave him alone..... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I really like the way Ross handles himself with the media, he gets across his point in his way. Draws attention to certain issues without sounding like he is banging on about something or having a sook.

Love Ross the boss :)

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
stinger
Saintsational Legend

"
Lyon queries umpires after Riewoldt cops 'attention'
JON PIERIK

ST KILDA coach Ross Lyon has questioned the consistency of umpiring after skipper Nick Riewoldt was the target of constant physical attention in his comeback match against Brisbane on Saturday night.

Riewoldt was bumped, buffeted and niggled off the ball regularly, with Lions midfielder Amon Buchanan and ruckman Mitch Clark the main offenders.

Riewoldt's frustration boiled over at three-quarter-time when, having been bumped in the back by Buchanan, he dragged the Lion to the ground, sparking a melee."

...i actually think the lions player's push to roo's back started the melee.....not roo's response....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:"
Lyon queries umpires after Riewoldt cops 'attention'
JON PIERIK

ST KILDA coach Ross Lyon has questioned the consistency of umpiring after skipper Nick Riewoldt was the target of constant physical attention in his comeback match against Brisbane on Saturday night.

Riewoldt was bumped, buffeted and niggled off the ball regularly, with Lions midfielder Amon Buchanan and ruckman Mitch Clark the main offenders.

Riewoldt's frustration boiled over at three-quarter-time when, having been bumped in the back by Buchanan, he dragged the Lion to the ground, sparking a melee."

...i actually think the lions player's push to roo's back started the melee.....not roo's response....
Roo didn't actually start it, Dal did. Seriously, anyone can get a job in the sports media these days..........

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Thinline wrote:The only one that troubles me was Buchanan's in the back. Don't care who the player is at a bloke in the back is weak, ugly, unnecessary etc etc...

Ermmm Zac was handing them out to Fev as well...very similar to what Scott Thompson did to BBBBBH a few weeks ago.
What, after the siren and taking a running leap at him?

Niggle is one thing...Buchanan's actions were another...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'