Blight the nuffer!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Blight the nuffer!

Three glaring issues with his commentary:

Issue the first: Nick R debuted Round 15 2001 - how does Round 15 2010 give him 10 years service and hence life membership? The completeion of ROund 14 2011 gives him 10 years active service! (Maybe Nicks quiet 1st half was due to him wondering where his life membership medallion is!!)

Issue part Two: pushing someone in the shoulder affects the hamstring - especially if you can catch someone mistep and make them overextend. The hamstring may not be in the arm - bit a well timed shove will test it if you land awkwardly - you can bet that the Brions have been told this.

Issue the thrice: His general VD (verbal diarrohea) throughout the game tonight.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Blight was a complete Numpty last night!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Do Ch 10 breath test their commentators prior to going On Air? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Statsman
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Do Ch 10 breath test their commentators prior to going On Air? !!
Never mind the breath test, start with the basics and give them an IQ test first.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
mullet
Saintsational Legend

If you reckon their commentary was bad, watch the Richmond Freo game and get a load of the one sided barracking for richmond or maybe that should read riewoldt. Dwayne Russell called Riewoldt every time the ball entered richmonds forward line, even if he wasnt there. Fair dinkum if I was watching as a freo supporter I would have been pretty peed off.

Honestly cant they just call whats happening not what they want to happen

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

I thought the stuff about "The Other Guy" was mildly amusing but they started taking it too far until Blight took it to another level again with his OMG rant.

Obviously Hudson didn't see the Riewoldt injury 300 times on the previews this week like everyone in Melbourne. When the first pass to Roo came in at his shoelaces, and he had to reach down for it, Hudson said that's exactly how he hurt his hamstring in the first place. :oops:

And is there any danger of them ever getting some footy on the screen rather than players running on and off the interchange, shots of coaches doing nothing in the coaches box, shots of Fev and Dawson standing around.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Blight the nuffer!

Sainter_Dad wrote:Three glaring issues with his commentary:

Issue the first: Nick R debuted Round 15 2001 - how does Round 15 2010 give him 10 years service and hence life membership? The completeion of ROund 14 2011 gives him 10 years active service! (Maybe Nicks quiet 1st half was due to him wondering where his life membership medallion is!!)

Issue part Two: pushing someone in the shoulder affects the hamstring - especially if you can catch someone mistep and make them overextend. The hamstring may not be in the arm - bit a well timed shove will test it if you land awkwardly - you can bet that the Brions have been told this.

Issue the thrice: His general VD (verbal diarrohea) throughout the game tonight.
Wow. Very poor to be so wrong.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I thought Channel 10's effort was pretty poor overall. Too often they showed something that everyone had just seen, and missed out on what was actually happening.
Still, not as poor as commentary on Fox, where Healy, Taylor and Hird spend so much time telling you what they think should be happening, and not commentating on the game in front ot them.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

For Cats/Hawks, I turned TV down and ABC Radio up. Much improved experience, but geez Gerard Whately is an overwrought pain in the arse.

You can't win!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:I thought Channel 10's effort was pretty poor overall. Too often they showed something that everyone had just seen, and missed out on what was actually happening.
Still, not as poor as commentary on Fox, where Healy, Taylor and Hird spend so much time telling you what they think should be happening, and not commentating on the game in front ot them.
The repeatedly do this, its infuriating!!

I dont care if the queen stepped out to the midfield to serve tea and scones...Im not interested in a replay if play has restarted !! :twisted:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Funny Blighty should remember Nick's first game!!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SENsaintsational wrote:Funny Blighty should remember Nick's first game!!
Wasn't he playing gold in Queensland on that day? :lol:

He couldn't be bothered watching Nick come back in the VFL after he came back from his knee injury. Thommo headed out there so that we had a representative there! The mere sight of the man makes my blood boil........

Fortius Quo Fidelius
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i was getting sick of the lloyds hamstring compared to roo hamstring thing at the start of the telecast.

lloyd again said it cut short his career and the others mentioned he has to be careful etc blah blah etc

diff injury :roll:
youd think that after having 12 weeks to get the facts right...they would

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

matrix wrote:i was getting sick of the lloyds hamstring compared to roo hamstring thing at the start of the telecast.

lloyd again said it cut short his career and the others mentioned he has to be careful etc blah blah etc

Matrix, you can't let the facts get in the way of a good story! :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
savatage
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:i was getting sick of the lloyds hamstring compared to roo hamstring thing at the start of the telecast.

Loved how Lloyd kept going on and on and on about it, despite the fact that he had a different injury, different experience and so on - kept insisting about lack of kicking penetration blah blah. 3 quarter time Roo has a shot a goal, it goes through for a behind - but it easily covered 55m.

Don't recall hearing Lloyd say a peep after that.

supersaints
Club Player

saint75 wrote:

He couldn't be bothered watching Nick come back in the VFL after he came back from his knee injury. Thommo headed out there so that we had a representative there! The mere sight of the man makes my blood boil........
Payed in GOLD
Played Golf................

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
And is there any danger of them ever getting some footy on the screen rather than players running on and off the interchange, shots of coaches doing nothing in the coaches box, shots of Fev and Dawson standing around.

that really pissed me off too.....flogs.... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Payed in GOLD
Played Golf................

i thought that was....paid..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Blight should have known when Nick made his debut because it was the last game that Blight coached the Saints. Was in Melbourne for that game over from WA. It was against Adelaide.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He sounds a little nutty if I was to be honest

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I thought Channel 10's effort was pretty poor overall. Too often they showed something that everyone had just seen, and missed out on what was actually happening.
Agree 100%

Far too often the camera focused on Fev and Zac and other things while play went on 100+ meters away.

Blight saying OMG and his general rant on the subject made me throw up in my mouth.

However its nothing compared to what I call the "Fox Sports Ego Hour" of Hird, Taylor, Healy, Darcy (and others) where they are more intrested in chatting, pontificating and tugging each other about their (in some cases) long over and mostly forgotten achivments at the expense of the actual game.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Not only is the AFL pathetically administered and officiated - it's broadcasting is just dire aswell.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

wasoncestkil58 wrote:Blight should have known when Nick made his debut because it was the last game that Blight coached the Saints. Was in Melbourne for that game over from WA. It was against Adelaide.
Yes quite. Blight's last game as St Kilda coach.

Oh, and to correct a fallacy....Blight did see Rooey's first VFL game. It was out at Preston from memory.

Was pretty famous for another reason that AFL game against Adelaide....Jason Cripps made his comeback to football after 2 years and kicked the first goal of the game.

He then went on to set a record of three consecutive AFL games under three different AFL coaches.

Alves > Blight > Thomas (skipped the Watson years)

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Blight the nuffer!

Sainter_Dad wrote:Three glaring issues with his commentary:

I didn't hear it, (I was at my first Gabba game!) and I'm happy to jump on any bandwagon looking to call Malcolm "I've got a stupid theory" blight a nuffer (on second thought, can we please come up a less flakey epithet?)...

but.

1) Sorry, Blight's right. R15 2001 - R15 2010 is 10 years... count the years of you don't believe.

2) While the entire body is physiologically connected, if you're suggesting that pushing Roos' shoulder was an effort to cheapshot his hamstring (and hence be able to try and suspend Merrett ala Baker), it's way to long a bow to draw.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
python
Club Player

It's ten seasons in the game, but not ten completed years for Riewoldt...if that makes sense.

The worst part was the "Dal Santo kicks it long, looking for McGrath on the wing", think Anthony Hudson said it, surely it's not that difficult to remember which side the players are playing for?