Robert Walls goes bonkers over Collingwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Thinline wrote:What I mean is that we have a very even, committed side that plays a team oriented do-your-bit brand plus the added bonus of a large cluster of guys who can really break a game open.

You're right - a champion team beats a team of champions as the saying goes.
I agree with that.

Although a champion team is never a champion team without champions in it.

Match winners are really what separates the good teams from the great ones.
What have you done with the real rodgerfox?

I'm finding myself agreeing with you a lot in recent times! :?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Once again, as happens every year - the AFL is shown to be an incredibly uneven and boring comp.

8 rounds out from the finals and there's only 1 spot in the 8 up for grabs. That means that everyone twiddles their thumbs until September - or you get the 'journalists' to pump up some interest in the game to distract everyone from how boring the season is.

No one bar Adelaide has ever won from outside the top 4 (under a dodgy finals system). So why bother having a top 8 at all?

After a third of every season, everyone knows that there's only 2 or 3 teams that are capable of winning it.
By the halfway mark, the finals are pretty much set too.

So unless the 'journalists' start pumping up someone's tyres, people will go and watch the World Cup or the cricket or something.
As opposed to all the other even comps in the world like the EPL and cricket where basically the best sides like Australia are the best for over 10 years.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:Once again, as happens every year - the AFL is shown to be an incredibly uneven and boring comp.

8 rounds out from the finals and there's only 1 spot in the 8 up for grabs. That means that everyone twiddles their thumbs until September - or you get the 'journalists' to pump up some interest in the game to distract everyone from how boring the season is.

No one bar Adelaide has ever won from outside the top 4 (under a dodgy finals system). So why bother having a top 8 at all?

After a third of every season, everyone knows that there's only 2 or 3 teams that are capable of winning it.
By the halfway mark, the finals are pretty much set too.

So unless the 'journalists' start pumping up someone's tyres, people will go and watch the World Cup or the cricket or something.
As opposed to all the other even comps in the world like the EPL and cricket where basically the best sides like Australia are the best for over 10 years.
At least with the EPL there are other trpohies up for grabs and the fear of relegation to keep people interested.

The AFL has at least 4 teams every season who are merely wasting everyone's time. They can't win the flag, and if they don't know it prior to the season beginning, they certainly knowing it by about round 4.

There are usually another 4 who are better than the bottom 4, but know they have absolutely no hope in hell of winning the flag, but will be a contender in a couple of years.

Then there's about 5 or 6 that think they can win it. By about round 5 that list drops to about 3.

It's boring as.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Anyone notice the juxtaposition of headline and photo on the Hun today?

Here is Thomas and Taylor cuddling, and the headline? "I want a Girl"

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Thinline wrote:What I mean is that we have a very even, committed side that plays a team oriented do-your-bit brand plus the added bonus of a large cluster of guys who can really break a game open.

I agree with that.

Nice to know we have a few of them now....

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

I agree with that.

We've always had them - they just weren't doing it.

We only had one bloke doing it. It took his absence for the others to find it - and suddenly we now see the importance of it.

bozza1980
Club Player

It's an odd love affair.

Collingwood are 2 & 7 game against top 4 opposition in the last 2 seasons and 0 & 6 against the top 2.

If they were to beat us next week I could understand an article like the one Walls wrote today.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Anyone notice the juxtaposition of headline and photo on the Hun today?

Here is Thomas and Taylor cuddling, and the headline? "I want a Girl"
I did notice that, I asked the resident pies supporter if Thomas's fluffy golden locks had perhaps confused his team mates into thinking he is a chick :lol:

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The amount of times over the past month I've heard that Collingwood are 'flying under the radar' is quite funny.

If they were 'flying under the radar', the 900th time that was publicly agreed to on every footy show and every newspaper surely means that now they are no longer under the radar??

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

I agree with that.

We only had one bloke doing it. It took his absence for the others to find it - and suddenly we now see the importance of it.
Well, they need to continue to do it...that's important

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:It's an odd love affair.

Collingwood are 2 & 7 game against top 4 opposition in the last 2 seasons and 0 & 6 against the top 2.

If they were to beat us next week I could understand an article like the one Walls wrote today.
Great stat :wink:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Well, they need to continue to do it...that's important
Yep.

If they can keep doing it with the addition of Roo - we're laughing. If they go back into their shells upon his return, we'll be just as vunerable as last year.
Last edited by rodgerfox on Fri 09 Jul 2010 5:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Well, they need to continue to do it...that's important[/quote]

Yep.

If they can keep doing it with the addition of Roo - we're laughing. If they go back into their shells upon his return, we'll be just as vunerable as last year.[/quote]

I'm actually quite confident, I think some of them quite enjoyed being 'the man' 8-)

starsign
Club Player

always has been and always will be a numbers game ....like bums on seats , but for the media....particularly the smaller sized daily paper with more pictures, its a matter of keeping the Pies masses happy regularly and circulation stays up

anything Carringbush related sells heaps more papers

Wallsey is just looking after his job!!

Their hey days were when Lou Lou Richards was their chief footy scribe along with his feather duster antics!!

Nothings changed , and for all it's worth they haven't (the Pies ie ) exactly prospered from it in real footy terms over the past few decades have they!!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:always has been and always will be a numbers game ....like bums on seats , but for the media....particularly the smaller sized daily paper with more pictures, its a matter of keeping the Pies masses happy regularly and circulation stays up

anything Carringbush related sells heaps more papers

Wallsey is just looking after his job!!

Their hey days were when Lou Lou Richards was their chief footy scribe along with his feather duster antics!!

Nothings changed , and for all it's worth they haven't (the Pies ie ) exactly prospered from it in real footy terms over the past few decades have they!!
when I saw all the magpies articles today- I counted 6- radio had it as 8 pages before there was mention of Nick returning.. -Love being the quiet achievers.

My thought was Ross needs to pump up his players for AA selection or say something more away from the actual game being played.

BUT I love his subtlness. Baker 8 weeks is appearing in every interview so far. :wink: or the 25 week season..... ( raised by another coach today :P)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

33-1 Port in Q1. Whatever happens, that was fun to watch.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:33-1 Port in Q1. Whatever happens, that was fun to watch.
:lol: yeah

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

They are a good side.

But we are a great side.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Not a usual thing to see a double spread on Collingwood in the Age. A bit hard to read for the Collingwood faithfull, that's why they don't buy or pinch the Age so won't improve their circulation.
The Hun always has penty on the Filth because Headers and pictures will always help the Hun's numbers due to the faithfull's inability to read - they go for the piccys in big numbers.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"