Robert Walls goes bonkers over Collingwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

philtee
Club Player

Robert Walls goes bonkers over Collingwood

The poor man's fallen in love with the Pies.
Check his article in Friday's Age -
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/n ... 1029b.html

A brief extract about why he thinks they can win the flag for Mick -
"Why? Because the Pies of 2010 are better than 2009, and are a genuine chance of winning the flag.
There is a lot to like about this year's Magpies. They are younger, faster, harder and share the ball by hand
more than they have in the past."

Yes, well. We'll find out for sure on Saturday week.

Ape_Man
Club Player

Whatever they are drinking there, I want some.

I too want to be younger next year.

Go Wallsy

saintsareprettygoodhey
Club Player

Typical filler article to attract the hordes of collingwood supporters. To be expected. Very little substance in the article, doesn't really go anywhere besides making ubsubstantiated claims that they are a threat because they have improved from last year, yet fails to mention how badly they got beat by both ourselves and Geelong...

Shouldn't be taken too seriously lads.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Would NOT want to be a newsagent today.

Can you imagine the number of complaints they will receive from home delivery customers who have had their paper stolen !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

wallbanger
Club Player

Love these type of articles on the Pies - they come out around this time every year, as the Pies "fly" against crap opposition.

Keep blowing them up...just makes the POP even louder in September!

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Would NOT want to be a newsagent today.

Can you imagine the number of complaints they will receive from home delivery customers who have had their paper stolen !!

Or the delivery man who has to deliver to the prisons today

I love this club
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:Love these type of articles on the Pies - they come out around this time every year, as the Pies "fly" against crap opposition.

SO so true.

Sheahan's all gooey about them too.

Love how Leon Davis has a 'neck problem'...If he wasn't just plain and simple dropped, I'll eat my own feet.

And SWAN, says Sheahan, SWAN IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO THE MAN.

For Christ's sake, he's not even half a Dal Santo or a quarter of a Goddard.

And I also love how the big Pie Love In takes place on the eve of them playing Port Adelaide, a club so miserably devoid of form that Frankston Dolphins'd give them a shake.

Probable win for the Pies, and Walls and co say "SEE. I WAS RIGHT. THEY ARE SO RED HOT. SOOOOO GOOD. SOOOOO OH MY GOD I'M GONNA BLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!'

Excuse the crudity. I do get wound up on this topic.

GO PORT. Maybe with a week of spotlight on Choco, they can pull one out of their arse.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
wallbanger wrote:Love these type of articles on the Pies - they come out around this time every year, as the Pies "fly" against crap opposition.

SO so true.

Sheahan's all gooey about them too.

Love how Leon Davis has a 'neck problem'...If he wasn't just plain and simple dropped, I'll eat my own feet.

And SWAN, says Sheahan, SWAN IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO THE MAN.

For Christ's sake, he's not even half a Dal Santo or a quarter of a Goddard.

And I also love how the big Pie Love In takes place on the eve of them playing Port Adelaide, a club so miserably devoid of form that Frankston Dolphins'd give them a shake.

Probable win for the Pies, and Walls and co say "SEE. I WAS RIGHT. THEY ARE SO RED HOT. SOOOOO GOOD. SOOOOO OH MY GOD I'M GONNA BLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!'

Excuse the crudity. I do get wound up on this topic.

GO PORT. Maybe with a week of spotlight on Choco, they can pull one out of their arse.
Be intersting to see how they would report a filth loss to Port if it happened
We can only hope.

I love this club
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

There's no doubt they're a dangerous side with an even spread of talent. At the moment they seem to have some mental weakness in taking the next step against us and the cats in the big games,but that isn't going to last forever. Let's hope that weakness stays for at least another year,but you can't ignore them.

Then again...would love them to to finally take the next step and take out Geelong in a prelim,as long as we are waiting for them the next week!

Bring back the Lockett era
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:There's no doubt they're a dangerous side with an even spread of talent. At the moment they seem to have some mental weakness in taking the next step against us and the cats in the big games,but that isn't going to last forever. Let's hope that weakness stays for at least another year,but you can't ignore them.

Then again...would love them to to finally take the next step and take out Geelong in a prelim,as long as we are waiting for them the next week!
They lack true matchwinners.

Geelong and St Kilda do not.

We have a very even team. We also have Roo, Dal, Montagna, Hayes, Goddard, Milne, and Fisher.

They have Davis. Oh. He got dropped. They have Didak and that Thomas grandstander.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
markp
Saintsational Legend

They are probably the third best team going around right now... what they and a few others fail to perceive is the daylight between them and the top 2.

Talking up the pies sells papers... but does them absolutely no favours at all.

I love it.

sainta
Club Player

What I like right now is that there is a perception we are struggling. If we're struggling at 11-3, kept the reigning premiers to 3 points in a half of football, then I'd love to see how we're going when we're playing awesome!

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
jonesy wrote:There's no doubt they're a dangerous side with an even spread of talent. At the moment they seem to have some mental weakness in taking the next step against us and the cats in the big games,but that isn't going to last forever. Let's hope that weakness stays for at least another year,but you can't ignore them.

They lack true matchwinners.

Geelong and St Kilda do not.

We have a very even team. We also have Roo, Dal, Montagna, Hayes, Goddard, Milne, and Fisher.

They have Davis. Oh. He got dropped. They have Didak and that Thomas grandstander.

Also Tarkyn is back :lol: :lol: .........hope he's still there next week. 8-)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:They lack true matchwinners.
That's probably one thing in their favour this year IMO (as opposed to the older 2009 team :? ), they don't need Davis, Cloke, Anthony, Medhurst, et al to kick 4-5 to win a game...they look a lot more like a team. Mind you, they look a lot more like any other good team, not brilliant. We'll see in a week, and if they do beat us, will it matter in September?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Might be time to change my footy tips...Collingwood out, Port in. The team with the outgoing coach normally wins.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood are better this year than last year, but are still a fair way off the standard of footy consistently achieved by us and the Cats.

The Pies have established themselves as being a better team than the Dogs, but so have the Hawks IMO (I'm discounting Freo and the rest at this stage). And, if the Hawks make it to the late stages of the finals series, I would still back them ahead of the Pies to be a serious threat to reach and even win a GF.

So the Pies are good, but not that good.

As for Robert Walls, I cnnot understand how anyone can take seriously anything he says about anything. He is a global master of random word generation.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Pies are a very good side IMO. They havent quite got over the line in their big games but were still in those games right until the end. Yes they played poorly both ties against the Demons but that means nothing s they will not play them again this year. Underate at your peril.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:The Pies are a very good side IMO. They havent quite got over the line in their big games but were still in those games right until the end. Yes they played poorly both ties against the Demons but that means nothing s they will not play them again this year. Underate at your peril.
As there seems to be a 50 percentile leaning towards the opinion that the Pies are a good team on this forum, I'm assuming this is your own view, and not a 95 percentile backdown, as predicted in your 'Amazing' thread, Adrian?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:The Pies are a very good side IMO. They havent quite got over the line in their big games but were still in those games right until the end. Yes they played poorly both ties against the Demons but that means nothing s they will not play them again this year. Underate at your peril.
As there seems to be a 50 percentile leaning towards the opinion that the Pies are a good team on this forum, I'm assuming this is your own view, and not a 95 percentile backdown, as predicted in your 'Amazing' thread, Adrian?
I will only agree with the majority when there is a majority opinion. When it is 50/50 I will agree with myself what ever that means

Yours Sincerly
AA.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
I will only agree with the majority when there is a majority opinion. When it is 50/50 I will agree with myself what ever that means

Yours Sincerly
AA.
I only ask for consistancy.

noob
Club Player

Since when has it been about match winners? Thats probably why they are third because like us they get the best out of themselves playing as a team. I'm not worried on what the result is next week because its who wins in september that counts :wink:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

What I mean is that we have a very even, committed side that plays a team oriented do-your-bit brand plus the added bonus of a large cluster of guys who can really break a game open.

You're right - a champion team beats a team of champions as the saying goes.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Once again, as happens every year - the AFL is shown to be an incredibly uneven and boring comp.

8 rounds out from the finals and there's only 1 spot in the 8 up for grabs. That means that everyone twiddles their thumbs until September - or you get the 'journalists' to pump up some interest in the game to distract everyone from how boring the season is.

No one bar Adelaide has ever won from outside the top 4 (under a dodgy finals system). So why bother having a top 8 at all?

After a third of every season, everyone knows that there's only 2 or 3 teams that are capable of winning it.
By the halfway mark, the finals are pretty much set too.

So unless the 'journalists' start pumping up someone's tyres, people will go and watch the World Cup or the cricket or something.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:What I mean is that we have a very even, committed side that plays a team oriented do-your-bit brand plus the added bonus of a large cluster of guys who can really break a game open.

You're right - a champion team beats a team of champions as the saying goes.
I agree with that.

Although a champion team is never a champion team without champions in it.

Match winners are really what separates the good teams from the great ones.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:8 rounds out from the finals and there's only 1 spot in the 8 up for grabs. That means that everyone twiddles their thumbs until September - or you get the 'journalists' to pump up some interest in the game to distract everyone from how boring the season is.
I'm hanging to see if Richmond can make the usual surge for 9th.