Read aritical on roar empty seats ruin atmospher Saints.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

Read aritical on roar empty seats ruin atmospher Saints.

Tells us about our new home ground that we should have a 25,ooo seat stadium there to play interstate games there.

We could draw on the hole of the southern suburbs over a million people with the right promotion we could have a massive supporter base there,especally if games were played there.Traveling time of 20/30 min as apposed to over 1 1/2 hours from frankston to Edihad.

I suggested this same idear on 17 june USE SAINTS NEW HOME GROUND FOR INTERSTATE GAMES.

Now i had some very negative responces,from people who thought i was crazy but some times you need to have a open mind about things i guess.

lurker#134
Club Player

Sorry what? I didn't catch all of that.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Read aritical on roar empty seats ruin atmospher Saints.

saint58 wrote:
We could draw on the hole of the southern suburbs
The location is not ideal but I think you've gone over the top to call it "the hole of the southern suburbs"

Furtius Quo Rdelious
sainta
Club Player

I don't know what speed limit you're doing but it definitely doesn't take 90 minutes to get to Etihad from Frankston.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I think this poster is flying high at the minute.

BUT

It's actually not that bad of an idea once you get your head around this blokes grammar.

We could use it like the Cats use Skilled Stadium. We could play 6 home games at Etihad, and 5 at this venue.

We could become almost impossible to beat there, like the cats are at Skilled.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

I dont think the OP has even been down to Seaford because there aint no parking, its in a suburban area and it just wont happen.

On another note i heard a little birdy saying something about the Frankston VFL team being eaten up by the big bad saints. I take this with a grain of salt as i havent heard anything but the chirping.

Time will tell..

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

saint58 wrote:Tells us about our new home ground that we should have a 25,ooo seat stadium there to play interstate games there.

We could draw on the hole of the southern suburbs over a million people with the right promotion we could have a massive supporter base there,especally if games were played there.Traveling time of 20/30 min as apposed to over 1 1/2 hours from frankston to Edihad.

I suggested this same idear on 17 june USE SAINTS NEW HOME GROUND FOR INTERSTATE GAMES.

Now i had some very negative responces,from people who thought i was crazy but some times you need to have a open mind about things i guess.
After wading through the slush masquerading as english, I have only the vaguest idea what this is about. I was going to highlight corrections but there's too many to list!
I have no idea what "apposed" and "responces" mean. What is Edihad? Is it something formerly owned by Mr McGuire?
You have no idear........... really quite surprising for someone with "a open" mind.

Whilst I understand that this site is not an english language correction centre, there comes a point where such chronic language skills turn information and idea exchange into an exercise in translation. :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

OK we will read the article on "roar" whatever the hell that is..

Link?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

True Believer wrote: idear
Isnt it a new app for the iphone :wink:

Before Im 85
saintlee
Club Player

saint66au wrote:OK we will read the article on "roar" whatever the hell that is..

Link?
The OP is referring to this article:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/07/05/em ... afl-games/

Richter
SS Life Member

#1GILL wrote:I think this poster is flying high at the minute.

BUT

It's actually not that bad of an idea once you get your head around this blokes grammar.

We could use it like the Cats use Skilled Stadium. We could play 6 home games at Etihad, and 5 at this venue.

We could become almost impossible to beat there, like the cats are at Skilled.
Not sure what the Cats record is like down there but at our last 100 games at Docklands we are running at a 75% win rate.

Docklands is our fortress.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
lurker#134
Club Player

I don't think we are exactly struggling for crowds like North Melbourne.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

That article lost it the minute he put "St Kilda" and "small fan base" in the same sentence

Idealistic fairytales that will never happen for 100 reasons

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
PaulieGa
Club Player

Please guys there is no need to pick on the OP for his grammar, unfortunately some people are linguistically challenged. Instead of having a go at the OP how about you help people understand what he is trying to say.

For those that are still confused about what the OP was trying to say please read below:

The OP is suggesting that we should have a new home ground at Seaford with a capacity for 25,000 patrons in which we could play matches against interstate rivals

He is suggesting that the surrounding suburbs contain over one million residents and that, with the correct promotion, we could convert a number of these into supporters. Travel time for those supporters to Seaford would be 20-30 minutes as opposed to the 90 minutes that it may take them to get to our current home ground at Etihad Stadium.

This has been suggested before by the OP in which he had negative replies from posters who thought he was crazy.

Was it really that hard to understand what the OP was trying to say?

Anyway my thoughts are that we should stick with our current home ground for a number of reasons.

Also I think the travel time point the OP made is irrelevant. Etihad is central to the majority at the moment. Although it will take supporters closer to Seaford quicker to get to the game it will take those closer to the city, or those in the west, longer to get to the game. Personally it would require me to take two trains (one to the city and then another out) to get to the footy with a total travel time of approximately 3hrs plus to get to the game. Also Interstate fans, and fans from the country will find it harder to get to the game as they will all most likely have to travel via the city first due to planes, trains etc.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Interesting OP but did read the article. Never heard of "The Roar".

However, in building a 25,000 boutique stadium, apart from the obvious logistical issues and going back 30 years, there would be another problem.

Attendances at Etihad in other interstate and "low drawing" games:

Adelaide 28,708
Freo 29,814
North 32,006

So do we lock people out?

And what happens to the stadium on the other 45-49 weeks of the year? Empty stadium with money spent on grandstands for 25,000 people.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

And this bit -
But the atmosphere of the Geelong game just seemed so much bigger, due to there being less than 2000 empty seats in the house.
25,159 out of 27,000 were at Skilled.
FFS 25,059 of those would have been feral Cats supporters with their own team winning because they brutally monopolise the sales of ticket allocation to oppo supporters. Be down there when the Cats start losing and see how enthusiastic the crowd are and the vibrant atmosphere.

I did make comment yesterday on the poor support for Melbourne from their own in that you could hardly even hear the boo's when Milney got the ball - a true gauge of the opposition crowd size.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

PaulieGa wrote:Please guys there is no need to pick on the OP for his grammar.....
Oh yes there is.

If his teacher can't get through to him, perhaps he should be embarrassed on a fan forum. With so many word processing programs out there, there is no need for appalling grammar and spelling.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

saint66au wrote:That article lost it the minute he put "St Kilda" and "small fan base" in the same sentence

Idealistic fairytales that will never happen for 100 reasons
This is a stupid Idea. Etihad stadium is a great place and we very rarely lose there. We are not a small supporter base, we are up there with the so called big clubs. I want to go to a stadium with a roof these days, as much as I loved Moorabbin and Waverley in the old days, i really don't want to go back to those days again sitting out in the rain and icey cold wind! Saints at the Dome for me!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
PaulieGa wrote:Please guys there is no need to pick on the OP for his grammar.....
Oh yes there is.

If his teacher can't get through to him, perhaps he should be embarrassed on a fan forum. With so many word processing programs out there, there is no need for appalling grammar and spelling.
Teacher?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

If people dont know what the OP is saying maybe you have a problem, we dont know his situation.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

dcstkfc wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Oh yes there is.

Teacher?
Don't they call them that in Kinder any more?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Oh yes there is.

Teacher?
Don't they call them that in Kinder any more?
Grumps, have you ever been nice to anyone in your entire life?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Who's gonna tip in the twenty mill to build this Seaford super stadium?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

I understood the OP perfectly.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Oh yes there is.

I bet you spell checked this before you posted :)

By the way, you shouldn't end a sentence with an auxillary verb. [ is ]
I understood the OP perfectly.
+1