Caro predicts our downfall

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:What did she say so wrong?

She needs to fill space and put together a straw man argument to justify it thats all.

Really dont read it if you dont like it.
How can one actually do that? Wouldn't you need some kind of parallel existence in play?? Interesting metaphysical proposition...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Ha, Finey has just teed off on Caro, dis-tastefull, typical Caro etc :)

Before Im 85
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

what a load of tripe, such a confused piece.

Lets not compare clubs cause saints have improved......but wait.....they COULD fall over as their problems are worse than Eagles..... :roll:

Really poor journalism - if she wrote such a piece bout Hawthorn shed be calledinto question. For us she'll win an award.

“Yeah….nah””
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Finey's crack at Caro was beautiful :)

felixleo
Club Player

To quote Travis Cloke there was a lot of smoke and shadows behind the windows in that article. Hardly surprising from a journalist who does their best to undermine players and clubs and very rarely has anything good to say about fooball.

Are you gonna be the one?
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Finey's crack at Caro was beautiful :)
Yeah totally agree. He's so right about her not having any actual idea about footy so she just tees up with off-field rubbish.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SaintWal
Club Player

Finey was great,

As for me, Read the headline, read the first few lines, then put the paper in the recycle bin where it belongs.

What a pathetic gutter scraping piece of trash that woman is.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Vague

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

That would have to be about the worst article ever froma supposedly footy journalist.

Nothing but inferences.....BUT she is clearly tring to paint that St Kilda has a sex culture just like WC had a drug culture...which our Club is painting over!!!!!!!!!!!!

What rubbish.....as is the slur that because we do we were happy to recruit Lovett.

She is too gutless to stae what she actually means...but is happy to paint our club in a bad light. All based on what she suspects , rather than knows. And she clearly knows naught about what has happened.

What a trollop!!!!!!!!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I'm yet to ever read an article by Wilson that is actually about onfield events.

The comparison to the Eagles of 4 years ago proves she is struggling as a writer.

I don't understand why the editorial hasn't given her a column called "Caro's Sewing Circle" or "Hit The Showers! with Caro".

It simply boggles the mind how they even consider publishing these kind of articles. So negative and irrelevant. :?
Last edited by Sainternist on Tue 06 Jul 2010 3:49am, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

To the best of my admittedly poor memory, Caro has never written of anyhting other than off-field events or back room politics. Ever.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

She tipped us to miss the 8 last year and the Tigers to go top 2. She delights in all the negative associations in football. Another s*** piece in a slow news week. Another journo saying nothing positive about a club that is to busy fending off attacks to defend it's self. Well done Caro, hard hitting stuff.

Who cares, just another hack sniping while we're down, at least when we start to snub her at press conferences she can whine about Lyons lack of respect for the media. Another of her favorite gripes.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

OK, I'm trying to join the dots here, is she trying to say that the court case later this year is going to expose some more unsavoury things about some of our players?

StSteven
Club Player

SainterK wrote:OK, I'm trying to join the dots here, is she trying to say that the court case later this year is going to expose some more unsavoury things about some of our players?
That is how I read it.

bozza1980
Club Player

StSteven wrote:
SainterK wrote:OK, I'm trying to join the dots here, is she trying to say that the court case later this year is going to expose some more unsavoury things about some of our players?
That is how I read it.
I did too, but I'm not sure how??

It was odd all round, on Footy Classified the other day she said she thinks we'll go all the way now this.

If left as a piece comparing clubs fighting for a flag whilst dealing with numerous outside issues it would have been plausible.

Some of the tangents and suppositions were a little off though.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

She is a channel 9 employee as well as a writer for The Age.

Probably a little peeved that all of channel 7, channel 10, and foxsports have had heaps of access to St Kilda football club in recent weeks.

Oh, by the way, Hi Caro. :)

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:
That is how I read it.
How on earth would she know?

And what court case?

Quit jumping at shadows...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintly
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:
That is how I read it.
thats how i read it as well.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

It's a pity Nathan Buckley isn't still writing for RealFooty. He could turn out some great analysis pieces - as opposed to this trash.

On the subject, I hate what The Age have done with their page format. Their archives are no longer publicly accessible, articles seem fewer and farther between, and what is published ranges from largely superfluous all the way to total rubbish. I hardly bother with them now.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
StSteven wrote:
That is how I read it.
thats how i read it as well.
What else could there be to know?

Is someone going to reveal some smoking gun video or some such? Is there a recording of A saying X to B?

There is nothing else. Caro was filling space with drivel.

Paranoia. A particularly Saint-like virtue. I've suffered from it myself for a long time...

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Over the years Caro has wasted more paper than Stephanie Meyer.

Why bother to read the poorly written shite she somehow gets paid for

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Gerard Healey took Caro to task about the article on 3AW tonight. Kept asking her why she was comparing the 2010 saints with the 2005 West Coast. The back-pedalling Caro was trying to say that she WASN'T comparing and that she "Loves the Saints". Healey kept pushing her and got an admission that she had taken a call from the club and that they were NOT HAPPY with the article !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

ace
Saintsational Legend

Caro is already a down fallen woman.
Last edited by ace on Wed 07 Jul 2010 7:47am, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Caro predicts our downfall

Thinline wrote:
saintsrus wrote:Another stirling story from Caro :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... -zv0q.html
What was that story actually about?
...nothing actually......gutter journalism by a no talent dried up old hag......... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.