Jones outstanding

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Jones outstanding

He played with the freedom of a true midfielder today. Was he on Davey for the whole game? Davey was okay, but Jones much more influential IMO.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
backit
Club Player

Jones was good today but still had a few turnovers that he needs to get out of his game so that he can take the next step which is a big ask for him but he has proven his commitment to get the best out of himself so far and playing the role the team requires.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Had a kick with his right foot too.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Fantastic effort. So hard at it. Davey unsighted. Disposal better than Lenny and Gilbo.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
ChelseaGuy
Club Player

Looked like Jones was on Davey for the first quarter -- rest of the game looked like Dempster picked up Davey. But great effort from Jones -- a few bad kicks but otherwise pretty good

Legendary
Club Player

Best game for the year easily.

Kept Davey to 14 touches and 1 mark.

Had 31 disposals and 8 tackles and kicked a goal.

Had him BOG.

His offensive work was outstanding.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Outstanding game. BOG for me :D

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:Had a kick with his right foot too.
highlight of the game

Carpe Diem
gringo
Saintsational Legend

He is a good midfielder in his own right. He was let off tagging duties in the NAB and had nearly 40 touches if I remember right. He is a tagger without the scrag, something that even opposition players must respect. He was a score for our recruiters.

jays
Club Player

did play very well but his kicking is still a concern

Country Kid
Club Player

ChelseaGuy wrote:Looked like Jones was on Davey for the first quarter -- rest of the game looked like Dempster picked up Davey. But great effort from Jones -- a few bad kicks but otherwise pretty good
Correct, Dempster played on Davey with the latter having little effect on the game. The only negative to Dempster's game was his disposal but only 2nd AFL game back. Not the only one with disposal problems though.

Sam23
SS Life Member

Jones went to Trengove for 3/4 and was soundly beaten by him if you are judging him on limiting the effect Trengove has on the game - he was one of their best.

Goddard.
GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

Jones went to Trengove for 3/4 and was soundly beaten by him if you are judging him on limiting the effect Trengove has on the game - he was one of their best.
What game were you watching? Have a look at the 2nd half again. I know Trengove is a first year player and an excellent one at that, but Jones was bog for mine.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

GeorgeYoung27 wrote:
What game were you watching? Have a look at the 2nd half again. I know Trengove is a first year player and an excellent one at that, but Jones was bog for mine.
You mean 'bog' as in Best on Ground, or 'bog' as in s***?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
yipper
SS Life Member

Most experts had him either Best on or up in the top 3 on ground. Trengove thrashed Jones???? really...??? what game did you watch???

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.