Riewoldt no certainty to return next week: Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt no certainty to return next week: Lyon

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

[quote]“It’s out of my hands - it’s really in the hands of the (conditioning team). When they stamp him and approve him, which hasn’t been done, I say then give him another week,â€

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Actually makes sense to bring him back for the Pies game

Not sure a rock-hard Gabba is ideal for his first game back.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
maverick
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Actually makes sense to bring him back for the Pies game

Not sure a rock-hard Gabba is ideal for his first game back.
Or a two hour plane trip....

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

VFL?????

maverick
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:VFL?????
No way, another week of intense training

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I think he should play VFL and not against Bris next week.

Legendary
Club Player

Won't play VFL.

What if someone stepped on his leg and broke it in the VFL? At least if it happened in the AFL, he's contributing towards a Saints premiership ...

Consensus on radio today seemed to be bring him back against the Pies.

Saint_in_SA
Club Player

we don't need him against the hapless lions, keep giving stanley a crack at it

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I think his inclusion along with Kosi and Gram for the Pies will be a huge lift for us and a bit of a blow to Shytehouses planning.......Pies game at the G for Roos return is the go for mine.

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

He will play next week. He was very pissed off that he didn't play today.
It makes sense to play Roo and Gram next week interstate. Takes away the pressure of playing in front of our manic supporters.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Happy for the club to make the call.

If its next week, its next week.

If not, so be it.

Still loads of time to get him cherry for the finals.

If he plays in the next month, if you think back to the weeks after round three, this would still be best case scenario...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:He will play next week. He was very pissed off that he didn't play today.
It makes sense to play Roo and Gram next week interstate. Takes away the pressure of playing in front of our manic supporters.
Happy he was annoyed this week, hope his annoyed for one more....

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Be surprised if he does play next week. I am really convinced he won't come back via Sandy, but if it ever was to happen, next week is the week. Means he can come back on a decent ground, and a lesser intensity, and they can give him the minute's the exactly want to give him.

In saying that I can't see them botherin with sandy, it will be against the pies im tipping.

Carpe Diem
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Bring him back next week.

Give him 40-50% game time. Will offer much more in that 40-50% than what Stanley/Patterson will for a game.

Gets through half a match,he's happy,we're happy,and his Supercoach price will drop dramatically due to the reduced game time. Everyone's a winner!

Bring back the Lockett era
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:He will play next week. He was very pissed off that he didn't play today.
I agree.

A comeback v Pies would be spotlight central (moreso than normal). A warm weather game against a solid battler in Lions seems sensible.

Whatever the docs think. he'll play when ready.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
jays
Club Player

dont rush him we need him right for finals

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Anyone else in the Victory Room pick up on one of the first questions asked of Brian Royal by the old fella who mans the mic? It related to "the Captain's setback" and how he was handling it. Choco looked like he had just choked at first then quickly established that the rumours weren't true and that Nick had been very close to selection.

Might just be my suspicious mind but I got the feeling it was a genuine question that maybe wasn't meant to be asked?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Anyone else in the Victory Room pick up on one of the first questions asked of Brian Royal by the old fella who mans the mic? It related to "the Captain's setback" and how he was handling it. Choco looked like he had just choked at first then quickly established that the rumours weren't true and that Nick had been very close to selection.

Might just be my suspicious mind but I got the feeling it was a genuine question that maybe wasn't meant to be asked?
There were rumours on bigfooty last week that he had suffered a setback, putting him back 5 weeks.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:Anyone else in the Victory Room pick up on one of the first questions asked of Brian Royal by the old fella who mans the mic? It related to "the Captain's setback" and how he was handling it. Choco looked like he had just choked at first then quickly established that the rumours weren't true and that Nick had been very close to selection.

There were rumours on bigfooty last week that he had suffered a setback, putting him back 5 weeks.
Wishful thinking by filth supporters no doubt..I actually think he should be held back until the Hawks Game at the Dome. Our win ratio particularly if we win this week means there is an opportunity to be ultra conservative.

6 weeks before the finals plenty 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ross's press conference didnt sound like any set backs......hope this is a shyte rumour.

“Yeah….nah””
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Definitely smells like it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Capital P Pffffffffffffffffffttttt...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

So,

Ross tells us on Sunday that there are still a few boxes to tick, yet Greg Denham tells us in Tuesday's paper that he's a definate goer. I think we'll have to wait until they run out on Saturday Night to find out the truth !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!