Help Needed: Proof of Scarlett being a Sniper

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

steph
Club Player

Help Needed: Proof of Scarlett being a Sniper

A work colleague of mine who is a geelong supporter recently asked me who I hate from the cats. I said the only player I hated was Scarlett, firstly because of the incident with Harves and secondly cos he's a sniper. He was totally shocked at me saying he's a sniper, and asked for examples, and I struggled to think of specific times, just stated he is in general.

I know there's a lot of us on here that hate Scarlett, so does anyone have specific examples, or videos from youtube or something that I could use to prove that I didn't just make this up??

Thanks!!

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Round 1 2004.

Maybe at the start of the second quarter.

50m off the ball, took Riewoldt out. He spent a significant amount of time off the ground having his jaw and throat looked at.

You can see it in the background on the coverage but nothing came of it as I recall.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Think if you look closely at most of his games you will see him snipe an opp player, same with Maxwell

I love this club
backit
Club Player

Last week when he dropped the knees into Jack Steven after Steven had taken a mark. I am pretty sure he has been previously rubbed out for the same sort of action.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

kosifantutti23 wrote:Round 1 2004.

Maybe at the start of the second quarter.

50m off the ball, took Riewoldt out. He spent a significant amount of time off the ground having his jaw and throat looked at.

You can see it in the background on the coverage but nothing came of it as I recall.
Correct. Under the trribunal system at the time, Geelong supporting tribunal chairman Brian Colliss ruled that the video was "inconclusive".

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

You need only to get a tape of last weeks game to see where Scarlett sunk the knees into Jack Steven's back (whilst Jack was on the ground) !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Griggsy
SS Life Member

In rnd 13 last year I think, kosi went up for the mark hands above his head, Scarlett couldn't contest so punched kos pretty hard in his exposed ribs.

maz1685
Club Player

Didn't he punch a player in the nads a couple of weeks ago and get suspended.

Anyway, first thing that comes to mind is he punched Sam Gilbert in last year's GF, I think it was the last quarter.

steph
Club Player

thanks guys, this was my point exactly that he drops his knees into players and has cheap shots every week that specific examples weren't really needed. would love to get video footage. i'm sure it will happen again soon enough so i'll just have to pay extra close attention!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

steph wrote:thanks guys, this was my point exactly that he drops his knees into players and has cheap shots every week that specific examples weren't really needed. would love to get video footage. i'm sure it will happen again soon enough so i'll just have to pay extra close attention!
He is a dog don't worry about that, and don't forget his filthy mate up the other end, Mooney, equally as bad.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saint tezza
Club Player

Maybe someone here can remember but wasnt it Scarlett who wacked an Irish Player off the ball many years ago in an international match?

I might be wrong but if my memory serves me right I think it was him.

saint tezza
Club Player

Rnd 2 2010
Matthew Scarlett has been charged with a Level Two misconduct offence in that he kneed Michael Osborne during the first quarter.
accepted a 1 match suspension

Apr 11th 2006
Key Geelong defender Matthew Scarlett will miss the next two matches after choosing to accept the two-match suspension handed down by the match review panel for his level four striking offence against Kangaroo Leigh Harding.

Reported in 2004 for ? You guessed it Unneccessary Knee contact / Found
Not Guilty

2001 Reported for striking . Found guilty 2 weeks.

2000 Melee Involvement fined $1000

And the one I remember vividly

TRIBUNAL
Geelong�s Matthew Scarlett was cited on a striking charge arising from the opening match of the 2003 International Rules series.
An incident involving the Geelong defender and Ireland�s Des Dolan, who had his nose broken while running from the interchange bench at Perth�s Subiaco Oval, was investigated following the match.
Scarlett was found guilty and suspended for 3 matches.
While Scarlett stated there was a bit of pushing and shoving between himself and Dolan, several witnesses, including the Gaelic team doctor, testified that they saw Scarlett punch Dolan several times.

We wont go into the numerous other times that he has dropped knees into opposition players and not gone on report.

A Great player but a thug and a very ordinary human being.

goodie
Club Player

I would've thought this would be common knowledge by now. In other breaking news the sky is blue, Akermanis is a knob and Collingwood is disliked.

ThePunter
Club Player

What about the job he did on Justin Murphy?

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I'll say it again: "You'll get yours, Scarlett!!"

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Just watch a few Geelong games

Doesnt matter from when or who its against. Scarlett has been a dirty sniper ever since he started

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

His mate Milburn's no better...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
stinger
Saintsational Legend

he definitely punched roo in the throat......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.