Kosi at CHF

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintpeter
Club Player

Kosi at CHF

Not sure whether this has been discussed, apologise if it has, but Kosi is listed at centre half forward for the game against Melbourne with McEvoy at full forward. I like the idea of Kosi getting greater opportunity for possession by being closer to the action. In my view, when he is stuck in the square he often seems to stagnate. Move him into the play and contributes more. Very much a confidence player who needs to feel thhe leather in his hands.

By the way, I almost feel sorry for the Dees as the Saints will deliver a strong message to the AFL and other clubs this weakend.

Thoughts?

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I don't think he has the tank for it.

I also don't think he is nimble enough

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

With rotations and zones and the like specific positions are rather irrelevant I reckon.

To me seems you're a fwd, a back, or a mid and thats that.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
3:16
Club Player

Kos has rotated through there since Rooey has been out, mixture of HF, FF and on-ball!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
Statsman
Club Player

Kosi has to be given 5 minutes a quarter in the ruck. This will ensure he keeps emotionally and physically involved in the game rather than stagnating at full forward.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
35...LEGEND
Club Player

Re: Kosi at CHF

saintpeter wrote:Not sure whether this has been discussed, apologise if it has, but Kosi is listed at centre half forward for the game against Melbourne with McEvoy at full forward. I like the idea of Kosi getting greater opportunity for possession by being closer to the action. In my view, when he is stuck in the square he often seems to stagnate. Move him into the play and contributes more. Very much a confidence player who needs to feel thhe leather in his hands.

By the way, I almost feel sorry for the Dees as the Saints will deliver a strong message to the AFL and other clubs this weakend.

Thoughts?
:shock: i have one of them :lol:

Kosi will be itchin for the Big German's return.......just can't seem to handle the pressure of No1 forward big man........ROO back will free him up no end and hopefully we see some better return's from Kosi.

BTW i'm itchin for the Captains return also..............just so i can take down his life size picture off the lounge room wall..........the missus (pie :evil: ) has been goin ape droppings for weeks and a few luxuries have been taken off the menu.... :?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:I don't think he has the tank for it.

I also don't think he is nimble enough
+1

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
To the top
SS Life Member

With Roo in the side he and Kosi rotated anyway.

They actually work very well together.

To those knocking Kosi, I actually thought he had a very big 3rd quarter v. Geelong after being "released" from a deep forward position and being able to roam like he does when rotating with Roo.

I think he had 7 possessions in the 3rd quarter plus put on a couple of big tackles and a few blocks to create space.

With the conditions making it difficult for tall guys.

Roo, Gram and Clarke are automatic inclusions, and Dawson's 195cm is probably needed on the last line of defence - so there will be 4 unlucky players at some stage soon.

Peake has consolidated (maybe in defence in Baker's absence because we have learnt a lesson from the Carlton, Essendon and Port Adelaide - Rodan - games).

Steven needs to keep going to become, hopefully, automatic.

Then there is Armitage.

And Miles should not be discounted given the internal write ups on him pre season - and his emergency "appearances" in 2009.

King should also not be discounted because there is no substitute for big, strong, experienced ruckmen when the whips are cracking.

That said, the amount of work and the class of that work Gardiner is doing at present is exceptional.

Winning form is always good form so the pressure will be right on - mind you any loss changes perceptions pretty quickly!

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi at CHF

35...LEGEND wrote:
saintpeter wrote:Not sure whether this has been discussed, apologise if it has, but Kosi is listed at centre half forward for the game against Melbourne with McEvoy at full forward. I like the idea of Kosi getting greater opportunity for possession by being closer to the action. In my view, when he is stuck in the square he often seems to stagnate. Move him into the play and contributes more. Very much a confidence player who needs to feel thhe leather in his hands.

Thoughts?
:shock: i have one of them :lol:

Kosi will be itchin for the Big German's return.......just can't seem to handle the pressure of No1 forward big man........ROO back will free him up no end and hopefully we see some better return's from Kosi.

BTW i'm itchin for the Captains return also..............just so i can take down his life size picture off the lounge room wall..........the missus (pie :evil: ) has been goin ape droppings for weeks and a few luxuries have been taken off the menu.... :?
If you got used to those luxuries being off the menu ,what sort of reaction would you get if you said don't worry about bringing them back...i'm over it..... :lol:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.