Our Admin are gutless

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bob__71
Club Player

Teffers, Its a bit early in the day to be on the turps.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I certainly can't find where I expressed anything remotely close to that?

I still think calling someone gutless is similar to calling someone unmanly.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
markp wrote:Would people really prefer an all p!ss and wind Eddie or Jeff??

Do people think we somehow just arrived at the fantastic position we now find ourselves in?
Is anyone advovacting that in this thread? Ive not read it.

We've gone from asking our Board to have some balls. To somehow wanting Eddie as Prez?

Thats not the topic of the thread/discussion for mine.
They were questions... rhetorical ones at that.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I certainly can't find where I expressed anything remotely close to that?

Difference being Baker has shown time and time again that he is a courageous football player, the proof is his ten year career and every game he has ever played.

the admin, on the other hand squib it every time the club is bent over by some new fkn rule or intrepretation by the fkn AFL.

Whispers in the Sky - statement "we are dissapointed blah blah blah"
Sirengate - statement "we are dissapointed blah blah blah"
Baker 7 week BS suspension - statement "we are dissapointed blah blah blah"
Baker gets character assasinated - statement "we are dissapointed blah blah blah"

How many times can our fkn admin be FKN "dissapointed" by getting bent over before it sayd ENOUGH????

This is why they have proven to be a bunch of GUTLESS SQUIBS and continue to prove it to us.

Absolutely pathetic.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Brayshaw is always cr*pping on and where does it get his club?

They have to wear "away" jumpers when they play a home game against Collingwood/

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Teflon and jboy, you should just face facts.
Bakes is guilty of all charges, as Ross said.
Let's just get on with winning a premiership instead of abusing the administration that has got us closer to winning one since 1997.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

We did score a pretty good draw this year.

Perhaps that's what the club means when they subtly say that their actions are in the best interests of the members.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Teflon and jboy, you should just face facts.
Let's just get on with winning a premiership instead of abusing the administration that has got us closer to winning one since 1997.
You have a reading difficulty or something?

Did i say he wasn't?

Or are you saying he is guilty of being unmanly?

Going on the way you have continually attacked and insulted Kosi, I wouldn't be suprised if you would trash another Saints player, you seem the type.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Did i say he wasn't?

Going on the way you have continually attacked and insulted Kosi, I wouldn't be suprised if you would trash another Saints player, you seem the type.
Sorry, I forgot to say Kosi should be playing against Acker this week.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:

Did i say he wasn't?

Joffaboy, what exactly do you want the administration to do? You haven't answered that once.

Do you want Westaway to jump up and down and make a dick of himself like Eddie and Jeff? We all know how stupid Eddie has looked this year after the Rnd 3 and the defense of his players after their 'indiscretions'. How is Jeff's form with his blustering and bulls*(t weekly letter to the members? It caused some major issues amongst the playing group earlier on this year until he was told politely to 'shut his mouth'.

The thing I like most about our President is that he remains behind the scenes where he should be. His role is to manage the running of the club at a business level, not at a footy level. He is not our spokesperson, Ross and Nettlefold are.

Re-Baker, he was screwed after the Farmer incident. THAT was the charge that should have been fought, even then, I don't think we would have had much success.

Personally, I like Friday and Saturday night games. I don't particularly want to have to play interstate 10 times next year and stuck with the crappiest draw in the AFL. I also want to see players have half a chance of getting of or not getting reported full stop. If we had of challenged charges that were actually there, we would have been banished into oblivion in the eyes of the AFL.

Is it fair? Of course it effin' isn't. No one claimed it was fair. However, you have to work the system. Throwing a tantrum may have made us all feel good in the short term, but it was gonna be hell in the long term and that is a fact.

Interesting though, Mike Sheehan mentioned on the radio last night that one of his sources (within the AFL administration) confirmed to him something along the lines of overhearing Demetriou say 'get him' in regards to Steven Baker. They were making a statement. We all know that. However, it was done within the rules. Rules that they seldom apply, but within the rules, none the less.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:Teffers, Its a bit early in the day to be on the turps.
Im taking a leaf out of your book Bob and attempting to post drunk 24/7.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Did i say he wasn't?

Joffaboy, what exactly do you want the administration to do? You haven't answered that once.

Do you want Westaway to jump up and down and make a dick of himself like Eddie and Jeff? We all know how stupid Eddie has looked this year after the Rnd 3 and the defense of his players after their 'indiscretions'. How is Jeff's form with his blustering and bulls*(t weekly letter to the members? It caused some major issues amongst the playing group earlier on this year until he was told politely to 'shut his mouth'.

The thing I like most about our President is that he remains behind the scenes where he should be. His role is to manage the running of the club at a business level, not at a footy level. He is not our spokesperson, Ross and Nettlefold are.

Re-Baker, he was screwed after the Farmer incident. THAT was the charge that should have been fought, even then, I don't think we would have had much success.

Personally, I like Friday and Saturday night games. I don't particularly want to have to play interstate 10 times next year and stuck with the crappiest draw in the AFL. I also want to see players have half a chance of getting of or not getting reported full stop. If we had of challenged charges that were actually there, we would have been banished into oblivion in the eyes of the AFL.

Is it fair? Of course it effin' isn't. No one claimed it was fair. However, you have to work the system. Throwing a tantrum may have made us all feel good in the short term, but it was gonna be hell in the long term and that is a fact.

Interesting though, Mike Sheehan mentioned on the radio last night that one of his sources (within the AFL administration) confirmed to him something along the lines of overhearing Demetriou say 'get him' in regards to Steven Baker. They were making a statement. We all know that. However, it was done within the rules. Rules that they seldom apply, but within the rules, none the less.
I just do not buy this whole "grassy noll" cr@p - "if we dare say a word we will end up playing games in Siberia..." horseshyte. Its a lame excuse for doing nothing and supporters placating themselves with "ah well......we did the best we could..." false sense of security.

We could have at least publicly expressed our disgust that tribunal lawyers are performing character assasinations on our players - yep in the words of mark Robinson (who was there) it was character assasination....and our admin did squat except appear a little "upset".

The logic here is: we must bend over and accept that our club will be used as THE club to make examples of at the AFL's whim. If so, when (if ever) do you draw the line?........or you justify that with...."if we say nothing and smile while being rogered we 'may' get a good draw"......

effin weak.

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Robbo used the words "character assassination"? Amazing coming from an assassin.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Teflon wrote:
markp wrote:Would people really prefer an all p!ss and wind Eddie or Jeff??

Do people think we somehow just arrived at the fantastic position we now find ourselves in?
Is anyone advovacting that in this thread? Ive not read it.

We've gone from asking our Board to have some balls. To somehow wanting Eddie as Prez?

Thats not the topic of the thread/discussion for mine.
They were questions... rhetorical ones at that.
Apologies I missed the 'r'..

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Teflon wrote:
gringo wrote:Eddie thinks he is personally powerful but is his conflict of interest in having a strong media presence and the collingwood presidency that gives it to him. He has a louder voice because of channel 9 not because he is out spoken or a superior orator. He gets a sympathetic ear from the afl because a huge percentage of the afls supporter base are collingwood fans.

Unfortunately that's not our position. You don't want a petty dictatorship dishing out vindictive "justice" to our club to prove a point. We all get emotional and want a quick retribution for the farce that has occurred, but under Ross and the Westaway board we are a controlled and disciplined outfit that knows the landscape and works with in it.

I'm actually glad I am not on the board because I'd do my nut in frustration and have us blacklisted for eternity. I sympathize with Grant thomas, he paid for standing up to an arrogant organization with whispers in the sky. He actually became a liability in that the umpires wanted him to pay. That is something that has taken a long time to repair and we don't want to have to spill boards and coaches to prove an unwinnable point.
Ok ....so how which TV Station does Jeff Kennett run? How come he can stand up for Hawthorm when required?

What about David Smorgan????.......he's no problems standing up when needed??? (see his comments over Halls treatment)

Face it - we are weak as p!Ss. We had to wait till the AFLPA FINALLY came out and called Tinneys pathetic remarks into question to even get a response on Bakers behalf.

But never fear...we are always "disspointed".....thats hard hitting...

Teflon I admire your passion, however from my relatively short time on here, presidents like Eddie and Kennett etc are mostly held up to derision by posters around here because of all their bluster and commotion as soon as their team is attacked.

Im not after Eddie/Kennett as President. Never said that and wouldnt. What would be nice is if JUST ONCE our Prez or admin could come out and take a stand - particulalry when on of our players name is publicly dragged through the mud....is that to much to ask?...BTW Ross's response was nice.....but hardly set the record straight in terms of tribunal lawyers clearly over stepping their duties...

What exactly do you want from our pres? Call the AFL a pack of corrupt imbeciles and sue the arse off them in the supreme crt? The club appeared to have come out of this whole mess with a quiet dignity. Lyons comments were measured but not over the top.

I expect our Prez to be on the front foot. I dont buy the "we were measured...not over the top..." line. Thats a cop out for "we were angry behond closed doors but to scared to publicly acknowledge that".........

To be honest most pres' don't have a clue about footy - that's not why we vote them in. I'm happy to let Nettlefold and Lyon speak for the footy club rather than have an Eddie type rant, realise he's made a fool of himself, and then back track. Using Kennett as an example, he may stick up for the hawks but in my humble opinion makes a dam fool of himself more times than not in the process. Do you really think that Kennett's rants have ever really helped the hawks.

Kennet and Hawks dont get pushed round like we do - have a look at the last 10 years or so.....the farcical situations we have been on the receiving end of via the AFL and ask yourself.....why is that? Sure, Kennet goes over board from time to time but I guarantee the AFL think twice before publcily allowing one of their players to be humiliated.

P.S. - How is someone a troll who supports the current admin? I guess a large % of us on here are trolls then.

I was referring to a particular poster who started with the personal insults - read the whole thread before assuming.

Sometimes I would like to hear more from our pres, and my initial reaction too was, 'let's fight this all the way' Calmer heads have prevailed though. From what I hear the presisn't all that footy savvy, or charismatic in front of a large group. I don't care, his 'pathetic' admin have overseen a golden era in st kildas history. He must be doing something right.
What "footy nous" does a prez have to have to stand up for his club when they are belted publicly?

Lyons response was a nice deflection - hes a coach and has other things to worry about. Nettlefolds was just "nice'.....typically St Kilda so.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Robbo used the words "character assassination"? Amazing coming from an assassin.
yep so the issue was all Robbo's.....once again lets ignore the real issue huh?

Where is the clubs strong stance on what was an attack on one of our players?

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
SainterK wrote:I certainly can't find where I expressed anything remotely close to that?

Difference being Baker has shown time and time again that he is a courageous football player, the proof is his ten year career and every game he has ever played.

the admin, on the other hand squib it every time the club is bent over by some new fkn rule or intrepretation by the fkn AFL.

Baker gets character assasinated - statement "we are dissapointed blah blah blah"

How many times can our fkn admin be FKN "dissapointed" by getting bent over before it sayd ENOUGH????

This is why they have proven to be a bunch of GUTLESS SQUIBS and continue to prove it to us.

Absolutely pathetic.
Yep. We got history for sure.

Who honestly expected our club to stand up strong on this issue???????

Cmon, everyone knew the night it happened........St Kilda would "consider their options" before declaring......"we are dissapointed...blah blah blah"

Dont get me wrong - Baker is guilty.....but where is the clubs outrage that the AFL decideD just LAST WEEKEND to finally pluck a player out (OUR PLAYER) for supposedly hitting injured players???? (its been going on since Adam was a boy FFS)......so why now???????

Baker deserved 3 weeks for the chin punch - the other "taps" we see every week during the season.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So what do people want exactly, just curious?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Absolutely pathetic.
Yep. We got history for sure.

Who honestly expected our club to stand up strong on this issue???????

Cmon, everyone knew the night it happened........St Kilda would "consider their options" before declaring......"we are dissapointed...blah blah blah"

Dont get me wrong - Baker is guilty.....but where is the clubs outrage that the AFL decideD just LAST WEEKEND to finally pluck a player out (OUR PLAYER) for supposedly hitting injured players???? (its been going on since Adam was a boy FFS)......so why now???????

Baker deserved 3 weeks for the chin punch - the other "taps" we see every week during the season.
Actually, they plucked the Riewoldt one out as well, they wanted to nail him IMO....

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:So what do people want exactly, just curious?
Not sure. Its been stated in the thread 3 times but you just do the Rogefox trick, ignore that and ask the same question to demonstrate to all you have no clue.

Its working.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
SainterK wrote:So what do people want exactly, just curious?
Not sure. Its been stated in the thread 3 times but you just do the Rogefox trick, ignore that and ask the same question to demonstrate to all you have no clue.

Its working.
I have read thread, you want to hear from the invisible prez?

What is it you want him to say, who do you want it directed at, should he conduct a press conference, arrange a meeting with the AFL?

No, admittedly I have no clue.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Teflon:
We could have at least publicly expressed our disgust that tribunal lawyers are performing character assasinations on our players - yep in the words of mark Robinson (who was there) it was character assasination....and our admin did squat except appear a little "upset"
That is pretty much the basis of this whole thread.

It is not about innocence or guilt in relation to the MRP...

It is about those in power actually standing up for our own.

If not for the damn player, who happens to be a B & F winner, soon to be life member of the club, then for the forsaken supporters of the club, who's frustration this week was palpable.

In my opinion it should not have been left up to the coach.....Mind you, he did a stellar job with his understated performance.

At times this club can feel like a very one way street. I would have liked the club to issue a minor statement, or even just a small tv or radio grab, just to issue our displeasure at some of the goings on over the past week, if not the past month. Nothing to cause a stir, or further media, but just something to let the damn supporters know that we are on the same page.

And it most definitely should NOT be left up to the coach to do this.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Westaway did speak though, perhaps not in great depth, but he did publicly query the inconsistency of the MRP.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:
I just do not buy this whole "grassy noll" cr@p - "if we dare say a word we will end up playing games in Siberia..." horseshyte. Its a lame excuse for doing nothing and supporters placating themselves with "ah well......we did the best we could..." false sense of security.

We could have at least publicly expressed our disgust that tribunal lawyers are performing character assasinations on our players - yep in the words of mark Robinson (who was there) it was character assasination....and our admin did squat except appear a little "upset".

The logic here is: we must bend over and accept that our club will be used as THE club to make examples of at the AFL's whim. If so, when (if ever) do you draw the line?........or you justify that with...."if we say nothing and smile while being rogered we 'may' get a good draw"......

effin weak.
Do you leave in the real world? Do you not remember the crappy draws and the ongoing punishment we would have for even breathing on a player under the GT regime? GT was infamously loud and outspoken and we were punished at every opportunity. Half of the hatred toward our club stems from his stint as coach.

Now I am not saying that some of his outbursts were not warranted, but what retribution did we suffer? Remember 'sirengate' and 'whispers in the sky'. Also, a distinct lack of Friday night games and the list goes on.

Seriously, smacking the AFL over the head publicly is not going to help anyone. If you think it is, you are living on another planet. It's like someone saying something you don't like and then you retaliating by smacking them in the mouth. You will end up on assault charges. Same scenario applies to the AFL.

Every St Kilda supporter is furious with the goings on of last week. As I also mentioned in a previous post, the AFL have never charged a player like that before (3-4 incidents from the one match). However, all of the charges where there. They had a point to prove. We now need to move on and prove a point to them. There will be enough going on behind the scenes between the club and the AFL that should be played out behind closed doors, NOT in full view of the footy public.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

On a kind of related topic - who said Baker was 'unmanly'?

I saw the headlines, but for the life of me I can't find where anyone has called Bakes 'unmanly'.

All I can see is this....

"It's hardly the manly exercise on the football field to slap someone on the hand," Tinney told the jury of former players Wayne Henwood, Michael Sexton and Wayne Schimmelbusch.

"There's nothing brave in zeroing in and focusing on an injured player and targeting that area."

Tinney conceded football was robust and that taggers had a right to try to distract an opponent, but he said Baker had overstepped the spirit and rules of the game.

"That's not something that's in the spirit of the game and not what AFL football is about at all," he said.

I can't help but think as per the Ch10 news the other night, the headlines may have been a bit misleading and got everyone fired up.
Last edited by rodgerfox on Fri 02 Jul 2010 9:05am, edited 1 time in total.