James Brayshaw on the M's

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

James Brayshaw on the M's

Just listened to James Brayshaw on Triple M. We need a president like him or Eddie Mcquire. As much as those two guys can annoy me atleast they don't let anyone mess with there club and they would stand up for there players. Brawshaw said that guy who is the legal eagle for the AFL (i can't remember his name) who called Bakes unmanly and a coward, would have to anwser to him and the North Melbourne people if that was directed at one of his players. That is what I want from a saints president, I haven't heard one word, not one? What the F***! It makes me angry, do something make a stand enough is enough! What cop it up the poop hole like a bunch of bitches? Bakes has been with the saints for over ten years and has given his blood, sweat and tears for this club, it is simply not good enough!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
rexy
SS Life Member

Easy to say when it is not you, and just because you say thigs publicly doesnt mean you will have any baring or influence over the outcomes.

I agree that I would like the club to make a stand somehow on this whole incident, our past record for doing this doesnt suggest that we will though.

Dont be fooled into thinking that just because these high profile presidents bleet a lot, they actually get better treatment.

just win the flag i say.

Maybe this year?
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: James Brayshaw on the M's

settle down and take it from me that the club is very, very angry about what has happened.

the feeling i get is that we are going to do our talking on the field.

and what was said about baker is more of a reflection on the guy who said it than anything else. that's what every neutral supporter i spoke to today told me.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:Just listened to James Brayshaw on Triple M. We need a president like him or Eddie Mcquire.
With the two blokes you have mentioned the majority of their power is derived from their high profile roles in the media.

Without that power, you just end up with a ranting loudmouth that no one takes seriously!

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:settle down and take it from me that the club is very, very angry about what has happened.

the feeling i get is that we are going to do our talking on the field.

and what was said about baker is more of a reflection on the guy who said it than anything else. that's what every neutral supporter i spoke to today told me.
Now when I look at it a bit more clearly now, I guess you are right. We have been focused all year with everything that has gone on and are sitting equal top of the ladder. Lets just win the bloody flag and then none of this will matter and we can stick it up everyone!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
kaos theory
Club Player

My initial reaction is for westerway to get out their and tell this guy off. I'm certainly pissed off with that slanderous remark from that f-wit.

But in reality, it achieves nothing, its just bluster and chest pumping. I'd rather the club do everything in its power to concentrate on winning a flag.

Eddie & Bradshaw posture a lot, but neither has delivered a flag for their clubs and eddie has had all the resources in the world....

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:My initial reaction is for westerway to get out their and tell this guy off. I'm certainly pissed off with that slanderous remark from that f-wit.

But in reality, it achieves nothing, its just bluster and chest pumping. I'd rather the club do everything in its power to concentrate on winning a flag.

Eddie & Bradshaw posture a lot, but neither has delivered a flag for their clubs and eddie has had all the resources in the world....
I'm sure Brayshaw thought he was going to replicate Eddie's performance when he took over the Presidency at North.

Unfortunately for him, if you haven't got the product there's only so much your constant spruiking will achieve!

Finna
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:Just listened to James Brayshaw on Triple M. We need a president like him or Eddie Mcquire.
With the two blokes you have mentioned the majority of their power is derived from their high profile roles in the media.

Without that power, you just end up with a ranting loudmouth that no one takes seriously!
Agreed. JB is a whole lot of wind too.

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
Finna
Club Player

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:Just listened to James Brayshaw on Triple M. We need a president like him or Eddie Mcquire. As much as those two guys can annoy me atleast they don't let anyone mess with there club and they would stand up for there players. Brawshaw said that guy who is the legal eagle for the AFL (i can't remember his name) who called Bakes unmanly and a coward, would have to anwser to him and the North Melbourne people if that was directed at one of his players. That is what I want from a saints president, I haven't heard one word, not one? What the F***! It makes me angry, do something make a stand enough is enough! What cop it up the poop hole like a bunch of bitches? Bakes has been with the saints for over ten years and has given his blood, sweat and tears for this club, it is simply not good enough!
Honestly its time we move on FFS.
Let the club be an example to us supporters.

They are so focused on what they are doing on the field and their ultimate outcome that they wont get caught up in dramas and side shows that could distract from this.

Seriously what good would it be to have a week challenging this thing and a possible supreme court hearing as some have suggested. Its not like we havent had enough off the field crap to keep us amused so far this year.

Life is like that. Hell, any person that has ever achieved any level of greatness will tell you about the challenges they faced on their journey. If you get sucked in - start falling for the victim trap - then you are screwed.

I have maintained from day 1 that our club leaders know what they are doing. Sure they would be pissed with this ordeal (as am I) but we have better things to spend our attention units on than one player who pushed the limits last Friday night.

We have lived without the best player in the league for 11 games - I am sure we can get by without Bakes (although I am aware how very important he is to our team) for 9 weeks.

Have we been copping it this year - YES - does it matter?

No!

What do you think the St Kilda bubble is all about. Should we risk bursting and caving to the pressure of the media as everyone - other than St Kilda supporters - would love to see.

All that matters is One Thing and it will be so much f****** sweeter when we get it because of all of the crap we endured.

This is what its like to be at the top. Get used to it people coz we are staying at the top and as is standard in our wonderful country the tall poppy will always be a target.

As they say - Harden the f*** Up and move on.

We have Melbourne this week and thats all that matters now.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

rexy wrote:
Easy to say when it is not you, and just because you say thigs publicly doesnt mean you will have any baring or influence over the outcomes.

I agree that I would like the club to make a stand somehow on this whole incident, our past record for doing this doesnt suggest that we will though.

Dont be fooled into thinking that just because these high profile presidents bleet a lot, they actually get better treatment.

just win the flag i say.

Couldnt agree more. Well said.

philtee
Club Player

Nicely said Finna.
Rise above.

Finna
Club Player

philtee wrote:Nicely said Finna.
Rise above.
We must rise above. We must - it is the only way we will succeed!

jays
Club Player

i dont think so i like how we stay out of the s*** Image

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Finna wrote:
R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:Just listened to James Brayshaw on Triple M. We need a president like him or Eddie Mcquire. As much as those two guys can annoy me atleast they don't let anyone mess with there club and they would stand up for there players. Brawshaw said that guy who is the legal eagle for the AFL (i can't remember his name) who called Bakes unmanly and a coward, would have to anwser to him and the North Melbourne people if that was directed at one of his players. That is what I want from a saints president, I haven't heard one word, not one? What the F***! It makes me angry, do something make a stand enough is enough! What cop it up the poop hole like a bunch of bitches? Bakes has been with the saints for over ten years and has given his blood, sweat and tears for this club, it is simply not good enough!

They are so focused on what they are doing on the field and their ultimate outcome that they wont get caught up in dramas and side shows that could distract from this.

Seriously what good would it be to have a week challenging this thing and a possible supreme court hearing as some have suggested. Its not like we havent had enough off the field crap to keep us amused so far this year.

Life is like that. Hell, any person that has ever achieved any level of greatness will tell you about the challenges they faced on their journey. If you get sucked in - start falling for the victim trap - then you are screwed.

I have maintained from day 1 that our club leaders know what they are doing. Sure they would be pissed with this ordeal (as am I) but we have better things to spend our attention units on than one player who pushed the limits last Friday night.

We have lived without the best player in the league for 11 games - I am sure we can get by without Bakes (although I am aware how very important he is to our team) for 9 weeks.

No!

What do you think the St Kilda bubble is all about. Should we risk bursting and caving to the pressure of the media as everyone - other than St Kilda supporters - would love to see.

All that matters is One Thing and it will be so much f****** sweeter when we get it because of all of the crap we endured.

This is what its like to be at the top. Get used to it people coz we are staying at the top and as is standard in our wonderful country the tall poppy will always be a target.

You mustn't have read my above rebutle. I said on re-think which after half a dozen beams is hard to do! haha But I also think that we should move on too, we have been focused all year and I am so proud how we have come through everything that has been thrown at us. I want a flag as much as anyone, having been through my whole life (I am 34) with this club and being a member for 20 years. Win the flag this year and we can stick it up everyone...win one and we will get a tatse for it and who knows what will happen...Go saints!

BigD
Club Player

Isn't this the same guy who pledged when he took over the North Melbourne presidency that they would stand up to being told to wear the alternative strip for their home games with the filth and that it would never happen again!!!.

He publicly dropped his dacks and bent over the first time it came around and has continued to do so ever since.

Credibility for saying this sort of thing = 0

Finna
Club Player

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:
Finna wrote:

No!

You mustn't have read my above rebutle. I said on re-think which after half a dozen beams is hard to do! haha But I also think that we should move on too, we have been focused all year and I am so proud how we have come through everything that has been thrown at us. I want a flag as much as anyone, having been through my whole life (I am 34) with this club and being a member for 20 years. Win the flag this year and we can stick it up everyone...win one and we will get a tatse for it and who knows what will happen...Go saints!
Hey RH3V I did read it. Actually it wasnt really directed at you but more a general comment.

Enjoy the Beams mate :wink:

Go You Mighty Sainters - Make it count where it matters!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm happy with Lyon doing all the talking actually, he doesn't come across awkward, he is eloquent....he handled it beautifully and said all that needed to be said IMO.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:I'm happy with Lyon doing all the talking actually, he doesn't come across awkward, he is eloquent....he handled it beautifully and said all that needed to be said IMO.
With a backhand to Malthouse to boot! :lol:

Loved the reference he made directly to round 3 about 'what happens on the field stays on the field.....etc'.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintnick12
Club Player

And the line "we only care about the respect of people we respect".

Agree they are clearly angry and have made this known. No point in making it worse than it already is though. It's time to move on. Lets get behind our boys this week as we attempt to "bank another 4 points". A win this week pretty much guarantees finals, then next focus to win enough to ensure top 4 then see how we go after that.

As a club we've made our displeasure known and have the respect of most in the footy world (not including other club's feral supporters). We know he made mistakes and deserved some sort of penalty but in the end was too hard done by, but not a lot we can do about it now. Best we can hope for as that he comes back fit and firing in finals and plays his part.

Mike Sheahan's article in tomorrow's Herald Sun supporting our handling of the situation -
ST KILDA put an end to the Steven Baker affair yesterday, and did it in style.
In announcing it would accept the crushing nine-week suspension imposed upon Baker, the club made its point about the severity of the penalty while declaring it was time to move forward.

Chief executive Michael Nettlefold expressed the club's disappointment about "an extreme penalty for what were deemed low-impact incidents", yet still managed to endorse the system, express regret about Baker's tactics, and promise a return to its on-field aims.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/b ... 5886427225

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I'm happy with Lyon doing all the talking actually, he doesn't come across awkward, he is eloquent....he handled it beautifully and said all that needed to be said IMO.
Yeah he did.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
gringo
Saintsational Legend

If you dare to stand up to the AFL in the media you pay. Ask Grant Thomas. It makes you feel great for ten minutes as the passion flows and you feel they heard your message but then the payback comes. Whispers in the sky was the result of making a stand.

The smart clubs make the AFL meet them behind closed doors and bring them in to answer to them. Adrian Anderson would have been down at Geelong because Bomber would want him to beg forgiveness for allowing them to loose.

Eddie was always getting Gieshen down to "give clarification on the interpretations" -the AFL is a cowardly dictatorship, it does not allow anyone to undermine it's power.

I like the fact that Ross doesn't go swiping at the AFL it hurts in the short term but in the bigger picture you cover yourself.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
I'm sure Brayshaw thought he was going to replicate Eddie's performance when he took over the Presidency at North.
He has not only replicated Eddie's performance he has surpassed it.

Same number of premierships (zero) with less time and less resources.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
He has not only replicated Eddie's performance he has surpassed it.

Same number of premierships (zero) with less time and less resources.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

you gotta love how people spin the latest headline to make them sleep better at night.
If you think Brayshaw's presidency has done nothing but bleet, go and have a look at their facilities.
Addressing the Baker issue.
# He got shafted.
# Fans got up the club.
# The club beat it's chest publicly and went in swinging on appeal. Trouble was the chest was a brittle boned asthmatic wheezer. They left the building "very upset" & the "board will consider next move". (read uprepared and embarrassed)
# More public humiliation follows of the StKilda brand and player, and what do we get?
# Brayshaw sticking up for us.
# StKilda zip.

Seeya
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:you gotta love how people spin the latest headline to make them sleep better at night.
If you think Brayshaw's presidency has done nothing but bleet, go and have a look at their facilities.
Addressing the Baker issue.
# He got shafted.
# Fans got up the club.
# The club beat it's chest publicly and went in swinging on appeal. Trouble was the chest was a brittle boned asthmatic wheezer. They left the building "very upset" & the "board will consider next move". (read uprepared and embarrassed)
# More public humiliation follows of the StKilda brand and player, and what do we get?
# Brayshaw sticking up for us.
# StKilda zip.
Calm down. :shock:

Yes North now has good facilities but all Vic clubs are getting them thanks to a big chunk of Government (taxpayers) money. I'm not sure how much credit James could claim for this.

Comments about him are not (from me at least) intended to improve sleep patterns. I was simply saying that he is trying to promote North Eddie-style through his high profile media gigs however they simply don't have the fan base. Collingwood don't have 50,000 or so members and millions in the bank just because Eddie's in charge.

On the other matter, if Brayshaw has stuck up for the Saints/Bakes that's great. I appreciate it. But I would hope he would do so anyway as a professional football commentator.

However I don't feel there's any need to use that support to knock the Saints. I, like many others on here, are comfortable with the way our club has handled this, if not happy with the outcome itself.