Can't believe I thinking about this

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Can't believe I thinking about this

but I'm done.

Got the membershp forms for the new melbourne heart a month ago and wondered where I would get the $220 from.....

now I know... I am giving up this corrupt so called sport. It's not the sport I used to know, now they make up the rules as they go.

So I'm not turning on the TV on thursday night to watch the footy (first time in years), will not go to any games, will stop being a member of a club from the AFL. I will instead buy some better golf clubs and also memberships for the new rugby union side and melbourne heart. Add in the ashes and I will get enough sport.

The whole concept of sport is to have a fair playing field, where the players, coaches and supporters know whats allowed and whats not. This makes for great drama and excitement. Pure passion is what our gme was based on.

Now the AFL is just a entertainment company who changes things depending on the outcome they want. Want more soccer moms, kick out a bunch of players. Want a star to play the week after, ignore their elbow.

Bring in a system where they can speak for 20 minutes about points but fail to get to the heart of what you can and cannot do.

I don't understand the rule, neither do the players. I am emotionally drained and done.

Please give me some reason to keep supporting this sport. Please because the saints mean the world to me. But my metal health is more important and I can't emotionally attach myself to this so called game anymore.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

heart? :shock:

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Pick up your lip and stop sulking. None of us are any happier about this decision than you are, but we still have a team to support. For you to threaten to bail out on this team halfway through the season is childish and cowardly. You think you are feeling bad, imagine yourself in Milne or Bakes shoes? Do you seem them quitting the club?

Time to put this behind us and move forward. Bakes will be there helping to hold the cup up in September 2010 and 2011. They say what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. With what St Kilda has been through, we are that strong that we should win at least the next 2 grand finals....... :twisted:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saint1974
Club Player

I am feeling exactly the same Solar I love this club but after everything that has happened this year I am getting tired.
I feel the spoilt little rich kids are winning maybe I need to go and watch Mighty Ducks again.
Just an unfair playing field!

wallbanger
Club Player

Couldn't agree more Solar.

Stick with it this year - if for no toher reason that to STICK IT UP EVERYONE when the boys win it.

That will make it all worthwhile. Then the AFL can go and get farked.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Solar, please don't leave.
We need you.

Come on mate, your reaction is almost like you are taking it out on St.Kilda - I know you love the club - you'd still have a soft spot in your heart for the club and you'd be just as happy as any of us if we ever win the premiership.

i never could give up supporting st.kilda because I fell in love with the club... and that's why i still can't give it up.... I'm in too deep. I couldn't give up St.Kilda for anything (I threatened to cut my membership card up at one stage and didn't have the strentgh to do it)

i understand this has cut people really deep and like all of you, I'm extremely pissed off and hope theat the club does take it further. but one thing I can tell you, regardless of what happens now, I WILL NOT BE LEAVING THIS CLUB! i'll scream my throat hoarse and support the red, white and black and boo the men in yellow/red/blue/green/black/white/pink and the men in the opposing team (and my father brought me up not to boo)

And I'll never stop hoping or wishing for that elusive dream to come true - the premiership dream. I've supported this team through thick and thin (mainly thick) and will continue to wear the rose-coloured glasses, continue to try and add some positivity to the forum when everything is down, - I just WON'T accept that its over - I won't give the AFL the satisfaction of defeating me. It's broken my heart, ripped out my soul and shat all over whatever remained of me but this club means too DAMN MUCH to me to care about any of it...

End rant.
Pretty much word for word what I wrote a few years ago in the other Baker thread.

Don't leave Solar.

saint1974
Club Player

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
We need you.

Come on mate, your reaction is almost like you are taking it out on St.Kilda - I know you love the club - you'd still have a soft spot in your heart for the club and you'd be just as happy as any of us if we ever win the premiership.

i never could give up supporting st.kilda because I fell in love with the club... and that's why i still can't give it up.... I'm in too deep. I couldn't give up St.Kilda for anything (I threatened to cut my membership card up at one stage and didn't have the strentgh to do it)

i understand this has cut people really deep and like all of you, I'm extremely pissed off and hope theat the club does take it further. but one thing I can tell you, regardless of what happens now, I WILL NOT BE LEAVING THIS CLUB! i'll scream my throat hoarse and support the red, white and black and boo the men in yellow/red/blue/green/black/white/pink and the men in the opposing team (and my father brought me up not to boo)

And I'll never stop hoping or wishing for that elusive dream to come true - the premiership dream. I've supported this team through thick and thin (mainly thick) and will continue to wear the rose-coloured glasses, continue to try and add some positivity to the forum when everything is down, - I just WON'T accept that its over - I won't give the AFL the satisfaction of defeating me. It's broken my heart, ripped out my soul and shat all over whatever remained of me but this club means too DAMN MUCH to me to care about any of it...

End rant.
Pretty much word for word what I wrote a few years ago in the other Baker thread.

Don't leave Solar.
I know this was meant for Solar bit thanks for posting this oneeyed how true is what you wrote,just I know alot of members are feeling flat.

SaintWal
Club Player

We won't forget Bakes over the next 9 weeks but don't you ever turn your back on the likes of Roo, Lenny, Dal and especially Joey and Milne. United we stand and United we fall. Don't be the brick that starts this wall crumbling.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

saint1974 wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
We need you.

End rant.

Don't leave Solar.
I know this was meant for Solar bit thanks for posting this oneeyed how true is what you wrote,just I know alot of members are feeling flat.
Don't thank me - thank myself form three eyars ago. posted almost that exact thing when AOK threatened to leave the Saints and AFL...

Althouigh I edited out all the "look at me, look at me, I am meaningful" crap that appeared in the original one.

Still, glad I made an impression on one person.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Toughen up FFS.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

so some people will take it out on the WHOLE TEAM beccause of one player and one issue. :shock: :shock:

there are still 44 players out there needing our support to provide that Final bit of energy with voice and vision wen things get tight....

Do you think Bakes will NOT attend games and provide his presence as his Mates take it up to the opposition..

that's letting the " Mystical " them WIN>

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Hang in there Solar, we're percentage of the top with the league's best player coming back within a fortnight

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saint1974
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:so some people will take it out on the WHOLE TEAM beccause of one player and one issue. :shock: :shock:

there are still 44 players out there needing our support to provide that Final bit of energy with voice and vision wen things get tight....

Do you think Bakes will NOT attend games and provide his presence as his Mates take it up to the opposition..

that's letting the " Mystical " them WIN>
Well said Saintbrat no I am just feeling so sad for Bakes and frustrated at how 1 player is charged and about 8 others players dont get sited.
Cheers

Mark
Club Player

I can tell you why you should forget following bum sniffing or any other sport in 3 words and stick with the Saints.Strength Through Loyalty.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Corruption is everywhere Solar, don't think you can escape it. The only ones who suffer here is St Kilda and of course your good self.

They only win if we give up, don't buy the paper and forget channel 9 if you truely want revenge. But NEVER give up on our boys. You would regret it in September. Don't let the bastards get to you, Strength Through Loyalty.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I will stay loyal to the saints as ever,that will never ever change. However I'm bitter with the game.

It's laughable.

I can't take it seriously anymore. No longer will I be able to enjoy a neutral game,knowing that those 2 clubs play under a different set of rules than us. I am addicted to supercoach/dreamteam...I can no longer play it. I'll be requesting the termination of my accounts tommorrow.

Luckily I have another passion,this will be getting more attention in winter from now than it usually would this time of year

Bring back the Lockett era
Saint_in_SA
Club Player

Re: Can't believe I thinking about this

Solar wrote:but I'm done.

Got the membershp forms for the new melbourne heart a month ago and wondered where I would get the $220 from.....

now I know... I am giving up this corrupt so called sport. It's not the sport I used to know, now they make up the rules as they go.

So I'm not turning on the TV on thursday night to watch the footy (first time in years), will not go to any games, will stop being a member of a club from the AFL. I will instead buy some better golf clubs and also memberships for the new rugby union side and melbourne heart. Add in the ashes and I will get enough sport.

The whole concept of sport is to have a fair playing field, where the players, coaches and supporters know whats allowed and whats not. This makes for great drama and excitement. Pure passion is what our gme was based on.

Now the AFL is just a entertainment company who changes things depending on the outcome they want. Want more soccer moms, kick out a bunch of players. Want a star to play the week after, ignore their elbow.

Bring in a system where they can speak for 20 minutes about points but fail to get to the heart of what you can and cannot do.

I don't understand the rule, neither do the players. I am emotionally drained and done.

Please give me some reason to keep supporting this sport. Please because the saints mean the world to me. But my metal health is more important and I can't emotionally attach myself to this so called game anymore.
Guess what? Life isn't fair, but it doesn't mean we all quit when things aren't always "consistent" or "fair" or "equitable". Sorry to say but the Earth isn't completely spherical either....... The Poms are unhappy at the ref, ditto the Aussies and poor Harry. Mike Sheahan even has to look at that ugly head when he approaches a mirror.

1. Grab the nearest teaspoon
2. Dip it into cement
3. Insert it into your mouth
4. Swallow hard
5. Harden up sunshine

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
Marchin' In
Club Player

I am disillusioned with the MRP but AFL and, more specifically, St. Kilda Football Club runs through my veins and I could never, ever, ever put one millisecond's worth of thought towards abandoning it.

UP THE SAINTERS!
AlpineStars
Club Player

After the last 30 years I can not remember a better time to be a Saints fan, they keep throwing s*** at us and the players just seem to get closer and tougher.

Wake me up when September ends.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Solar, if you're frustrated now I'd strongly advise you against switching to a sport where you'll be lucky to see a goal scored; where if a goal is scored it's likely to be disallowed coz some poor bloke was standing somewhere he shouldn't; where blokes fall to the turf without any assistance; where players come and go at will during the actual season and where you're likely to find a lit flare down the back of your pants!

Stick with the Saints!!!

We're all frustrated at this and the other unfortunate events so far this year, but we're all in it together. :)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oi

wheres the guy i hugged after the gf of 09, finding him where he stood for the game, head down staring into his cup
wheres the guy i cried when i hugged him gone?

and you dont want revenge???

dude
wtf?

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

The club hasn't given up, nor should we.

Don't throw in the towel, that's what the rest of the football world want.

Bad management is bad management
saint3d
Club Player

I know just how you feel.

The thing you need to remember is you don't support the AFL, you support the Saints. You can give up the game, but you can't give up the club.

As a supporter, the sole contribution I can make is to support. 100% of my support goes to St Kilda. For all I care the jerks at the AFL can go... you know the rest.

It's a shame (disgrace?) that they're spoiling our enjoyment of the game by which our club measures its success.

I won't let them spoil my support for the Saints. Neither should you!

saint3d
Club Player

matrix wrote:oi

wheres the guy i hugged after the gf of 09, finding him where he stood for the game, head down staring into his cup
wheres the guy i cried when i hugged him gone?

and you dont want revenge???

dude
wtf?
Post of the day.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:34am, edited 1 time in total.