I'm done

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I'm done

If this entire thing isn't overhauled,including the exiting of the MRP,I will walk away from the game in all forms. I will still follow the STK.F.C,but other than our matches,that's it.

I will no longer
-Watch any other non stkilda game on tv
-Visit AFL.com.au
-Go to a neautral game
-Buy anything inside any AFL venue,beer,food,the lot. Infact I'll revert back to the days of kids when we would steal pies from Waverley out of the food stalls.
I will cancel my Dreamteam and Supercoach accounts,which is a shame as I'm 500th in both.

At this very hour,the game has been tarnished forever in my eyes. It's now us against them,and that's all we have left. The integrity of the game died today

Bring back the Lockett era
rexy
SS Life Member

Unfortunately mate, you are just a number to them, you will be replaced by someone from western sydney.

Maybe this year?
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Can I have your DT account? I can make a stand by ripping a few grand off the AFL's sponsor, and still sleep at night. :D

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm done

jonesy wrote: -Buy anything inside any AFL venue,beer,food,the lot. Infact I'll revert back to the days of kids when we would steal pies from Waverley out of the food stalls.
Love it!

Stealing food, brilliant idea

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:If this entire thing isn't overhauled,including the exiting of the MRP,I will walk away from the game in all forms. I will still follow the STK.F.C,but other than our matches,that's it.

I will no longer
-Visit AFL.com.au
-Go to a neautral game
-Buy anything inside any AFL venue,beer,food,the lot. Infact I'll revert back to the days of kids when we would steal pies from Waverley out of the food stalls.
I will cancel my Dreamteam and Supercoach accounts,which is a shame as I'm 500th in both.

At this very hour,the game has been tarnished forever in my eyes. It's now us against them,and that's all we have left. The integrity of the game died today
Very good post.

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

jonesy wrote:If this entire thing isn't overhauled,including the exiting of the MRP,I will walk away from the game in all forms. I will still follow the STK.F.C,but other than our matches,that's it.

I will no longer
-Visit AFL.com.au
-Go to a neautral game

I had exactly the same thoughts go through my mind, but ultimately I'll be punishing myself morre than them. There must be something that we can do to show our dismay at this injustice?

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Five weeks in a row where after having a good win on the weekend, we have to deal with all this shyte during the week.

I'm over it.

Being involved in a footy club should not have to be like this.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

bigred wrote:Five weeks in a row where after having a good win on the weekend, we have to deal with all this shyte during the week.

I'm over it.

Being involved in a footy club should not have to be like this.
Just think how sweet the big one could be. Its what drives alot of us. Its us against them, it really is one of those years.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I'm done too.....can't stand the game ATM

Farren's Girl
Club Player

Guys,

I understand that we are all upset and I thought about how I can punish the AFL and not attending games is not one of them that hurts the STKC, but paying food at the ground effects them as does merchandise.

I am not going to let this hurt the club that I helped stay up and running by holding buckets in the 80's.

No my anger will be directed at the AFL and how for some reason we the Saints get these smelly distractions all the time.

Go Sainters!

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

We are all really f&%ck*n peeved off by this decision. However, this team needs our support more than ever right now.

Direct your anger at something more constructive like opposition supporters.... :twisted:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

FIFA seems clean and transparent compared to this. Disgusting.

Vamos Chile! (I'm running out of teams :? )

stinger
Saintsational Legend

can dimwit tell me why roos cousin whacks a guys injured hand it doesn't warrant a suspension but when baker does a similar thing but with much less force it warrants a week.......flower me,...afl are cheats....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
suss
Club Player

I've had a gutful of this game. My wife and I pumped over $1500 last year into memberships and tickets for AFL games and we get treated with complete distain.

The treatment of Baker by the tribunal has always been disgraceful. I mean this bloke got a 2 week suspension for an attempted punch on Greg Stafford. Add to that a 7 week suspension for a block on Jeff Farmer that wasn't caught on camera and a 2 week suspension for kicking Steven Alessio after the pr%ck ground his stops into his leg.

He's being set-up. We're being set-up.

And on the other side of the ledger we have zero weeks for Hall’s stomach punch to Matt Maguire, zero weeks for Giansircusa's hit on Kosi which left him with a fractured skull, zero weeks for Jonathan Brown's choker hold on Blake, zero weeks for the Scott brother that threw Lenny Hayes into the fence and broke his hand.

Whispers in the Sky and the Siren-gate debacle are just the cream on the cake.

It's a ruse, a scam and I can’t be arsed any longer.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

suss wrote:I've had a gutful of this game. My wife and I pumped over $1500 last year into memberships and tickets for AFL games and we get treated with complete distain.

The treatment of Baker by the tribunal has always been disgraceful. I mean this bloke got a 2 week suspension for an attempted punch on Greg Stafford. Add to that a 7 week suspension for a block on Jeff Farmer that wasn't caught on camera and a 2 week suspension for kicking Steven Alessio after the pr%ck ground his stops into his leg.

And on the other side of the ledger we have zero weeks for Hall’s stomach punch to Matt Maguire, zero weeks for Giansircusa's hit on Kosi which left him with a fractured skull, zero weeks for Jonathan Brown's choker hold on Blake, zero weeks for the Scott brother that threw Lenny Hayes into the fence and broke his hand.

What makes me the angriest about this is that he had 50% loading that shouldn't be there in the f%$k'n first place! The verdict after the Farmer incident was hard enough to swallow. This is just absolutely effin ridiculous!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
35...LEGEND
Club Player

suss wrote:I've had a gutful of this game. My wife and I pumped over $1500 last year into memberships and tickets for AFL games and we get treated with complete distain.

0 for X getting cleaned up off the ball v Geel.....
0 for BJ getting polaxed by Hille.....
Selwood whacked Monty with more force than any of Bakes efforts....no case...

Something is not right...............we are being shafted.............ROYALLY :evil:

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

35...LEGEND wrote:

0 for X getting cleaned up off the ball v Geel.....
0 for BJ getting polaxed by Hille.....
Selwood whacked Monty with more force than any of Bakes efforts....no case...

Something is not right...............we are being shafted.............ROYALLY :evil:
You forgot the incident where they changed the rules after Kosi was taken out by Giansiracusa.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Plus G-Train's love-tap being actioned...

Great post, exactly what I've been thinking. I'm too long gone to have any chance of walking away though, lucky because I reckon this will galvanise us and even though we'll miss Bakes on the park I'm more confident tonight about our chance of winning the flag this year than I was this morning, and I thought we were in a psoition to give it a good shake even then...

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

And that one where Scarlett got off for punching Roo in the throat behind play because the point of contact was marginally off screen? So? The punch wasn't, you could see it clear as day... Then Bakes got rail-roaded on heresay and supposition with the Farmer travesty...

Face
Club Player

I will no longer
-Visit AFL.com.au
-Go to a neautral game

I reached that point years ago.

Cancelled my AFL membership too.

Most professional sports try to at least look like there's some form of sporting integrity left. Not the AFL. They are that arrogant they admit they run the competition for maximum profit. Sport is entertainment and any tilting of the playing field can be justified in the name of profits.

How on earth can a commission be independent when they directly & indirectly control so many clubs?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:

What makes me the angriest about this is that he had 50% loading that shouldn't be there in the f%$k'n first place! The verdict after the Farmer incident was hard enough to swallow. This is just absolutely effin ridiculous!
Such a good point about the loading.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs