Cracks in the Armour???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Cracks in the Armour???

How on earth could Dawson and Clarke find a spot in the side now?? Our defence on Friday night was literally bulletproof!! Why mess with that??

Jack Steven on a separate note was truly sensational!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

1 game, let's see how the defence goes in a few more

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
shmic_s
Club Player

Ttold my workmates on friday before the game that i wouldn't be too upset if we lost to Geelong. Just want to see one of the younger guys play well against the top side.
"Watch out for Jacky Boy. 3 goals, 15 possies and i'll be happy" i said.
Not only did the boy stand up with 3 goals, but had 14 disposals. I copped it from them today, all telling me he didn't get 15 possessions!

But the defence stood firm. Was amazing to watch.
Raph could push for a spot on the wing IMO, or at least keep the pressure on Gwilt, Gilbert etc. Zac i would only want to see in if were up against a taller forward line.

missgez
Club Player

Zac seemed to play a lot better last year when under pressure for his spot !! so hopefully if he gets back in again this will be the case.

Don't get my wrong I am a fan of Zac but disappointed with his season 2010 so far esp compared to 2009 - his impromptu dental work on Buddy Franklin in Tassie was a particular highlight :)

fingers
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:Ttold my workmates on friday before the game that i wouldn't be too upset if we lost to Geelong. Just want to see one of the younger guys play well against the top side.
"Watch out for Jacky Boy. 3 goals, 15 possies and i'll be happy" i said.
Not only did the boy stand up with 3 goals, but had 14 disposals. I copped it from them today, all telling me he didn't get 15 possessions!

But the defence stood firm. Was amazing to watch.
Raph could push for a spot on the wing IMO, or at least keep the pressure on Gwilt, Gilbert etc. Zac i would only want to see in if were up against a taller forward line.
That's a good get :)

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

missgez wrote: his impromptu dental work on Buddy Franklin in Tassie was a particular highlight :)
Yes that was definately one for the highlight reel! :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Gwilt played a lot like Raph had prior to his injury, I'm sure we can find a spot for him.

savatage
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:Gwilt played a lot like Raph had prior to his injury, I'm sure we can find a spot for him.
Not offense intended - but Raph Clarke wishes he played how James Gwilt played on Friday night. That was a magnificent game.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
degruch wrote:Gwilt played a lot like Raph had prior to his injury, I'm sure we can find a spot for him.
Not offense intended - but Raph Clarke wishes he played how James Gwilt played on Friday night. That was a magnificent game.
...and hasn't Raph been magnificent the last 4 weeks before his injury. Was fast on his way to BOG before he did a hammy too.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
savatage wrote:
...and hasn't Raph been magnificent the last 4 weeks before his injury. Was fast on his way to BOG before he did a hammy too.
nah, i reckon jimmy's game on friday was better than any game raph's played, including last year's finals series. he was equal offensively and better defensively. when was the last time raph held a goal-kicking forward to zero goals and seven touches while also providing rebound?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
degruch wrote:
savatage wrote:
nah, i reckon jimmy's game on friday was better than any game raph's played, including last year's finals series. he was equal offensively and better defensively. when was the last time raph held a goal-kicking forward to zero goals and seven touches while also providing rebound?
Don't know, probably never. When was the last time Jimmy got 15 touches in a quarter? Not comparing directly, just saying that Raph will be an automatic inclusion when he comes back, even moreso without Bakes.