Saint Nick Ready to Play

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Saint Nick Ready to Play

From Superfooty:
JUST when Saints fans thought it couldn't get any better - here comes big Nick.

St Kilda looks certain to be bolstered by the return of Nick Riewoldt next Sunday after the captain's 12-week layoff with a severe hamstring tendon injury.

Riewoldt said in the change rooms after Friday night's win that he had considered playing in the club's clash with the Cats, but the match committee thought it best to extend his preparation for one more week.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5884708821
Geez he's very eager! Rather we hold off but I can't wait to see the big Roo boy in action again!

'Because we've got unfinished business'
....................Official Saintsational Banner Designer....................
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

:D :D :D :D

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saint Nick Ready to Play

Moorabbin Saints wrote:Geez he's very eager! Rather we hold off but I can't wait to see the big Roo boy in action again!
Obviously you'd hope he is cherry ripe and we err on the side of caution, but who is going to tell him he can't play?

Try stopping him.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

They won't play him unless he is cherry...

Gotta trust them on this one

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:They won't play him unless he is cherry...

Gotta trust them on this one
I think you are probably right, but what the captain wants would carry significant weight.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Poor Dee's lol

Marchin' In
Club Player

I would assume we'll handle the Dees pretty easily without Nick, so to be honest I'd actually prefer it if he had the one more week off and didn't play the Dees, just to make sure he's 100% and not 98%, and came back fired up against the Lions at the Gabba.

UP THE SAINTERS!
Face
Club Player

Typical Herald Sun editting too including that photo. :roll:

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Marchin' In wrote:I would assume we'll handle the Dees pretty easily without Nick, so to be honest I'd actually prefer it if he had the one more week off and didn't play the Dees, just to make sure he's 100% and not 98%, and came back fired up against the Lions at the Gabba.
If we are gonna say hes not needed he won't be back for a long time judging by that last game. Although I would like Stanley to stay in the team for this game.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:
Marchin' In wrote:I would assume we'll handle the Dees pretty easily without Nick, so to be honest I'd actually prefer it if he had the one more week off and didn't play the Dees, just to make sure he's 100% and not 98%, and came back fired up against the Lions at the Gabba.
If we are gonna say hes not needed he won't be back for a long time judging by that last game. Although I would like Stanley to stay in the team for this game.

Agree with Marchin, no need to rush him back, give him another week, although I do have confidence in the club fitness staff.

I love this club
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Poor Dee's lol
nah, F*** 'em, let's smash them 8-)

Interesting side note that the crowd at Sandy yesterday was much bigger than normal.....caught the caterers at the Kiosk by surprise.

My hunch is a fair few punters went along in case Nick played......but due to the dampness of the pitch he was never a chance.

I reckon if the track was not slow or dead he would've got a run.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
Griggsy wrote:

Agree with Marchin, no need to rush him back, give him another week, although I do have confidence in the club fitness staff.
You guys know nothing, just like I do.

Have faith in Misson.....he's done little wrong for a couple of years now.

Don't be a worry wart over nothing.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I reckon we play him on a wing to start.

And (perhaps) better to bring him in against Melbourne than anyone else we need to contend with in coming weeks.

But gee, you'd be a bit stiff to be the one who drops out of the 22 to fit him in.

N'er a weak link in Friday night's side.

I suppose Stanley is the obvious one, but it seems a shame to demote him now that he seems to be finding a bit of rhythm in the ones.

All that said, if the medicos say he's right, then he's right.

Only hope his eagerness isn't clouding his own judgement.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I reckon they should start Nick at centre half bench. That way he can work into the game nice and easy.

Another opportunity awaits!
ThePunter
Club Player

Kosi did cop a knock on Friday night, but Riewoldt will probably come in for Stanley.

You play him when he is ready. Full stop.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:I reckon they should start Nick at centre half bench. That way he can work into the game nice and easy.

He could sit the whole game on the bench and that would frighten the opposition

Would like to see Stanley still get a game when Roo returns but can`t see it happening

I love this club