Geelong has-beens sooking. (Warning..graphic pic of Bakes)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lurker#134
Club Player

I thought Stevie J. had a pain killer in his hand at some point.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

When Rooey was attacked by mal michael and one of the scotts in brisbane as he was trying to leave the ground assisted by trainers, he was called a sook and told to harden up, and it is all part of footy.

Steve Johnson elected to stay on the ground and so he is fair game, just as anyone who gets jumped on, jumped into whacked in the head etc etc in any contest. I think Johnson played a great game considering his injury but he is fair game if he is out there. I didnt like fisher hitting bartels as he was being taken off the ground, it was only a tap but I thought come on fish you are bigger than that.

Johnson and Baker shook hands after the game, laughed and walked off, let them lead the example of what happens on the field stays on the field.
Steve Johnson's actions in throwing his elbow back is reckless as he had no idea what damage he could do not looking straight at the player. He probably should get a week or two. But I to believe that the tribunal will try to get bakes as well after all they got him for hitting farmer when there was no video of the event and he has been put out for "attempting" to strike . They will make an example of him some how and at the end of the day Bakes probably sucks it up and says it is part of the game and Steve Johnson probably hasnt even thought about bakes smacking his hand.

Trial by media, and the herald sun puts us on the front page again for something dubious.

ace
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
Winmar wrote:Bakes probably did deserve a smack in the mouth! If I was Steve Johnson I sure would have wanted to. It's still amusing though. :)

G Hocking having any input into this is laughable. He's a dog.
No sympathy for Baker, can't blame Johnson for eventually losing his cool. He's only human.

I hope they both get off, but that seems unlikely. The debate of 'player protection' will be at boiling point come Monday night, as the AFL vowed to penalise this kind of 'niggling' contact.

Given Baker's abysmal record at the review panel, I think he'll get a few weeks, as will Johnson. Though, if Baker get's a few and Johnson nothing...stranger things have happened.
For what reason will Baker get a few weeks? ...for a love tap here and a jumper punch there?...Baker was receiving from the master squib as much love tap and jumper punch as he gave...that sort of thing going on all over the park....as to hitting an injured hand.....whinging bomber has a duty of care to keep injured players of the park.........baker is not a Doctor............we or the tribunal should not expect him to take care of the injured.........(particularly when they are capable of kicking a goal)...............i love the little bugger.........will go to the front with him on my side any time..............
Worksafe Victoria should be investigating why a boss required an employee to work with a broken hand.
I wont expect it though, as the AFL and the state government are both corrupt.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I am not proud of it - but seeing Scarlett, Milburn and Ablett go all sooky at times and mouthing off at the umpires as if to say "come ON ump you know we are the best and they are taking the game off us - DO SOMETHING!"
God that gave me pleasure. I just thought that we had them right then. Also - does anyone remember Scarlett's send-off of Robert Harvey? I still detest Scarlett for that - so good to see him on the receiving end.
Not only that but this will rock their confidence for weeks and their own fears will be bubbling just beneath the surface the next time we play them.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Cameron Ling seemed most upset that the umpires did not favour Geelong as per usual.
Maybe the umpires found out how much Geelong was offering Abblet to stay and then demanded a bit more of the action.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I'm beginning to think the Herald and Weekly Times running a campaign of vendetta against the club.

I'm not going through all of the articles that have been targetting St Kilda and I don't think it is a coincidence that following a pro Baker article earlier this week in "The Age"

Of course Jack Riewoldt's similar action against I think Tait Pears is not even discussed as a possible trend in terms of tactics and it comes across as Geelong building some kind of defence of Johnson. What does it matter he's going to be out with a broken hand and all of those carry over points means he's gone.

Next thing you know Geelong will trot out all the good Stevie J has done since his drink driving offence blah blah blah so he doesn't get rubbed out .

If I was the club I'd seriously begin to think about laying a complaint with the Australian Press Council about the editorial standards displayed by HWT which is almost defamatory as they're trying to slur the entire club.

GSG
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:I'm beginning to think the Herald and Weekly Times running a campaign of vendetta against the club.

I'm not going through all of the articles that have been targetting St Kilda and I don't think it is a coincidence that following a pro Baker article earlier this week in "The Age"

Of course Jack Riewoldt's similar action against I think Tait Pears is not even discussed as a possible trend in terms of tactics and it comes across as Geelong building some kind of defence of Johnson. What does it matter he's going to be out with a broken hand and all of those carry over points means he's gone.

Next thing you know Geelong will trot out all the good Stevie J has done since his drink driving offence blah blah blah so he doesn't get rubbed out .

If I was the club I'd seriously begin to think about laying a complaint with the Australian Press Council about the editorial standards displayed by HWT which is almost defamatory as they're trying to slur the entire club.

You took the words right out of my mouth (read keyboard!). I’ve felt like this for quite a while. The milking of the Lovett affair, then the so-called sex scandal which turned out to be a fizzer (the Age not buying into it and stating it was a non-event). Mark Robinson’s article claiming the Saints cheated on the salary cap and weren’t enough investigated by the AFL. This little snippet didn’t go anywhere. Then the Milney saga with front pages and double pages. And today’s front page. Yep, they definitely seem to have it in for St. Kilda.

But remember, it’s the Collingwood Newsletter, and St. Kilda beat Collingwood, is higher on the ladder, and despite the foul press, seems to get stronger and stronger. Apart from all this, Eddie is still smarting from the Micky Maltmouse lying affair, and he is a very, very powerful man. The Saints are the thorn in Collingwood’s paw.

saint tezza
Club Player

Just finished perusing the Collingwood Newsletter....

Its amazing the absolute rubbish being reported there.

"We are Geelong , the greatest SOOKS of all"

Fancy even attributing a comment to G.Hocking . An absolute Moron of a Human Being .

They may be a good , even great team but they CANNOT lose graciously.

I hope we hit them even harder next time we play them.

And its about time umpires penalized Ling for continually holding his opponent which he has been doing for years. Oh to have a Hammil run off the square and take him out ......Those were the days.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Well Ling did get pinged for it Friday night, but also got away with plenty as well.

And if the Herald Scum turns your stomach, the Sunday Fotty show was a joke. After Brownless and Barrett trying to get Bakes hung fot the love tap on Stevie J's chin (insufficient force to merit a striking charge imo) and the belting his broken hand stuff for "misconduct" they then proceeded to try and argue that the Mooney strike on Neil was "insufficient force to merit a strike" and then tried to go Fisher for pushing BArtel as he went off, again for misconduct not in keeping with the spirit of the game. (seen the footagae and if there is any scrutiny of FIsher then the system is corrupt, it was a gentle push, barely perceptible).

The rampant hyprocrisy was breath-taking.

Maxstar22
Club Player

True Believer wrote:Well Ling did get pinged for it Friday night, but also got away with plenty as well.

And if the Herald Scum turns your stomach, the Sunday Fotty show was a joke. After Brownless and Barrett trying to get Bakes hung fot the love tap on Stevie J's chin (insufficient force to merit a striking charge imo) and the belting his broken hand stuff for "misconduct" they then proceeded to try and argue that the Mooney strike on Neil was "insufficient force to merit a strike" and then tried to go Fisher for pushing BArtel as he went off, again for misconduct not in keeping with the spirit of the game. (seen the footagae and if there is any scrutiny of FIsher then the system is corrupt, it was a gentle push, barely perceptible).

Just watching it myself. Can't believe the the hyprocrisy and the blantant agenda some in the media have.

To say that Bakes deserved a smack in the mouth is incredible.

What gets me the most about Geelong now is their sooking when it comes to the umpiring...on several occassions on Friday night, Selwood and Yablett in particular were more interested in throwing their arms up and looking at the ump than actually getting in there and playing the ball. Anytime they went near it, they would look straight at the ump expecting a free. Cracked the sads when it didn't go their way. Milburn and Hunt gave away free kicks because of their sooking.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps Mesers Couch & Hocking might like to comment on the bravery of Josh Hunt, and why he pulled out of at least two contests on the night.

Hold On. I forgot, Josh Hunt is a recidivist when it comes to pulling out of contests !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Pity these guys dont take a leaf out of Bartel's book.

"I am from the old school of what happens on the field stays on the field"

ace
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:I'm beginning to think the Herald and Weekly Times running a campaign of vendetta against the club.

The Herald Sun is in direct competition with The Age.
The Age is a sponsor of the St Kilda football club.

The Herald Sun is engaged in a filthy media war for ratings (sales) just like Channel 9's A Current Affair and Channel 7's This Day Tonight.

The St Kilda Football Club is a convenient target and collateral damage in this disgusting war waged by the Herald Sun.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

The "Free Stevie J " Campaign is in full swing.

I can see Baker getting well and truly f***ed here.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

bigred wrote:The "Free Stevie J " Campaign is in full swing.

I can see Baker getting well and truly f***ed here.
Yep, more trial by media!

Bad management is bad management
lefty
Club Player

Johnson is gone for imo 4 weeks.

F***, a few years ago the Scott boy's roughed up Roo and nothing was done.

That Freo bloke keep punching G-Train's hand, nothing was done.

Just because S.Johnson was upset and frustrated doesn't give you the ability to nearly knock someone out with an elbow... dirty thug.

rexy
SS Life Member

True Believer wrote:Well Ling did get pinged for it Friday night, but also got away with plenty as well.

Didnt see it, but if this is the case and you are not being one eyed in our favour, then we should as a club decide not to have any players on any channel 9 football shows for the rest of the year!

They probably wont care to start with but when it comes finals time, last 4, maybe even only 2 teams left and 1 is not doing interviews it will become a problem IMO.

Maybe this year?
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Bill Brownless is a drunken buffoon, who cares what he says, all he knows is how to lose four Grand Finals.
Crouch, Hocking etc we're all part of that choking team and now they complain bitterly.
They don't like it that there is a new kid on the block who can beat them up consistently.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Griggsy
SS Life Member

08 Grand Final ..nuff said. Hodges ribs were tested by the very same people.

And Ling is unhappy because he was finally being called up on holding.

And who cares what Hocking says :roll:

AlpineStars
Club Player

I'd like to see Paul couch try and give Bakes that smack in the mouth he deserved?

Wake me up when September ends.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I think this is just a continuation on from last week. Last weeks scandel didn't work so now we will stir the pot else where. We being Eddie.

As for Geelong, what a pack of whingers. Thats exactly why I can't stand Ablett, he does that all the time, nothing but a sook. The truth is, he is coming to the GC, they know it and don't want to admit it to the public yet, thats why they made Ling captain. And do you think anything will be done about his comments!! I don't think so.

No wonder I hate Geelong, always have. :roll: :twisted:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
IcanKickit
Club Player

Oh to have a Hammil run off the square and take him out......Those were the days.
was guerra wasn't it ?
pre season gf.

with ...'take that ya red headed c&5#' thrown in by a current board member for good measure.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The fact of the matter is, they both shook hands in quite good spirits after the game, not sure why everyone in footy world feels the need to weigh in.

python
Club Player

I've been really irritated by the amount of Geelong supporters who bring up all their injuries... Last week they were all about how good their depth is and it doesnt matter how many they are missing, they are still the best and can comfortably account for any team, now they lose and it's all well we were missing chapman corey etc etc. you can't have it both ways! You've either got the most unbelievable depth ever seen or you don't!

It really does seem like they as an entire organisation struggle to cope with losing!

Then the articles which state St.Kilda are only missing Riewoldt! Missing 5 players that played in the Grand final last year, then there's guys like Armitage who would be really valuable if he could get over his injury and run into some form.

I suppose i should just be happy that we are flying under the radar, then we can 'shock' our opponents come september

StSteven
Club Player

Why the hell did Bakes put that picture on his twitter page. Getting heaps for it from other clubs supporters.