Minor premiership...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Minor premiership...

Did anyone else get those juicy odds of $51 for the Saints a few weeks back?

I know there's a long way to go yet, but I can't help but get a little bit excited.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

No...but I did have a 50 on us at 1/2 time last night at $5.00!!!! 8-)

saintnick12
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:No...but I did have a 50 on us at 1/2 time last night at $5.00!!!! 8-)
Good work :wink:

I thought before the game the $3.50 on offer was very high. I don't bet but would have liked a piece of that.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

BringBackMadDog wrote:No...but I did have a 50 on us at 1/2 time last night at $5.00!!!! 8-)
Tidy work...

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I've bet on every thing under the sun so I'd be a hypocrite to come out against gambling. But I haven't bet on football yet...I reckon it takes away from the pure enjoyment.

Having said that, I wish I'd had a punt on Hawks missing finals last year! Minutes after the '08 GF I predicted that...also said Croad would never play again. Right on both counts.

Remember the great Harvey game v West Coast? I was at the Harp Hotel, Kew, with my brother. There was a bunch of guys in front of us and all they could do was look at their betting slips....looked like they'd bet on everything possible in the game. Of course they'd all backed West Coast! It was so great to see these fools all do their dough!

These ridiculous odds from a few weeks ago just underline the fact that so-called football "experts" are out of touch. I reckon Geelong are now on the slide and saints are heading to an (almost) inevitable Flag!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
markp
Saintsational Legend

I put 20 on us at $17.

Badlands
Club Player

Cats have a tricky period late in the season. Of course they could win all 4, but minor premiership not out of our grasp if we hold our form. Cats Rd 18-21 is as follows:

Rd 18 Sydney (ANZ)
Rd 19 Collingwood (MCG)
Rd 20 Bulldogs (Etihad)
Rd 21 Carlton (Etihad)

Is it weird that the games I fear most for saints are against teams much lower down the ladder than us... i.e. I'm more confident about facing pies and hawks than the likes of bombers and a revitalised richmond, north and dees. Anyone else feel the same??

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
rexy
SS Life Member

Badlands wrote:Cats have a tricky period late in the season. Of course they could win all 4, but minor premiership not out of our grasp if we hold our form. Cats Rd 18-21 is as follows:

Rd 18 Sydney (ANZ)
Rd 19 Collingwood (MCG)
Rd 20 Bulldogs (Etihad)
Rd 21 Carlton (Etihad)

Is it weird that the games I fear most for saints are against teams much lower down the ladder than us... i.e. I'm more confident about facing pies and hawks than the likes of bombers and a revitalised richmond, north and dees. Anyone else feel the same??
Yes, dont think its weird though, our last 5 regular season losses have been, Essendon x 2, Carlton, North and PA. Melbourne were also very good against us last year and the tigers admirable earlier this year.

Maybe this year?
Marcus1232
Club Player

Re: Minor premiership...

Leo.J wrote:Did anyone else get those juicy odds of $51 for the Saints a few weeks back?

I know there's a long way to go yet, but I can't help but get a little bit excited.
I put a 100 on it ..... my mates called me crazy at the time

now they want half my action i said u can have half my action for 500 dollars

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Marcus1232 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:Did anyone else get those juicy odds of $51 for the Saints a few weeks back?

I put a 100 on it ..... my mates called me crazy at the time

now they want half my action i said u can have half my action for 500 dollars
Good work, I wasn't that adventurous, but I'll won't have to put my hand in my pocket for a ticket or a beer during the finals series if we finish on top.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

$2 at $51.

Wish now it had been $20

or $200

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
bozza1980
Club Player

Badlands wrote:Cats have a tricky period late in the season. Of course they could win all 4, but minor premiership not out of our grasp if we hold our form. Cats Rd 18-21 is as follows:

Rd 18 Sydney (ANZ)
Rd 19 Collingwood (MCG)
Rd 20 Bulldogs (Etihad)
Rd 21 Carlton (Etihad)

Freo's draw really opens up for them, so as silly as it sounds, with them only one game back they are still a big shot at top spot.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.