The Cats MOB behind the cheer squad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

The Cats MOB behind the cheer squad

Not sure if it's been covered and interested in how people who were in the area saw it but there was a group of cats supporters in the standing room chanting during the game. They had some great ones about Gary Ablett but one that took me by suprise and sucked me in was their taunting of "premiers....premiers...."

Must say it pushed the saints fans to be louder 100% during the game, loudest I have heard the crowd in the social club for a VERY long time. But on the other hand they taunted the saints supporters in mass and I thought it was really disrespectful... might have lead to a riot if it wasn't AFL football.

Do we want this? Were this group of supporters disgusting!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Disrespect?

Two flags to what?

Come on...They can do what the F*** they like. Really......

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Prodgers
Club Player

I was in the standing room in the bay to the left of them. Their chanting was interesting and their Geelong stuff was good but paying out on the other team... well, im a firm beleiver of supporting your team and not worry about the other. It did seem like all they wanted to do was stir the pot.

It actually surprised me that the saints fans were able to get on top of them easily and everyone joined in - awesome :D

There was also some push and shove with the cops involved after the game, however i do not know if the Geelong supporters involved were part of this group but it happened in the few rows of seating in front of them.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

We beat them with system and discipline.

Who gives a F*** what they were singing.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint1974
Club Player

Solar we were in M4 row GG yes they drove me crazy but they were not malicious it was great the social club area absolutely rocked tonight with our chanting.
Unfotunately at the last 2 mins of the game some ugly thugs come down ans stared abusing a young man who was about 19 who got the chant going for us,then a Geelong supporter came down holding a banner up that Riewoldt was a sook provoking big time security came tried to move them out but they wouldnt leave.
Next thing they threw a punch at this young man an elder man tried to intervene calmly he was put in to a very tight headlock tthey were absolute thugs next 2 more older men came throwing their weight around and throwing punches .
Police finally came and got them out but not without 2 innocent people being hurt.
I had my 19 year old son and my 16 year old daughter with me there was still an idiot trying to bait and my son siad mate its just a game you won a flag we havent just move on he got really angry at him but someone else pushed him away.
My daughter was quiet upset as she had neve witnessed this at a game before
Spoilt the end of the night these men were not part of the chanting group just fat pis...d intoxicated on something middle age men.
FFS its just a game and security were pathetic I will be reporting this incident to the AFL on Monday spoilt my night you Geelong morons!
End of rant!

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

We had a group of about 5 behind us in the CS, weren't real bad but they were throwing those yellow footy's at us and also i had a dominos pizza box thrown at us.
Last edited by clarky449 on Sat 26 Jun 2010 1:17am, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like the same group that were behind us at the grandfinal. They chanted all day which was fine as it was a grand final. but what got me was after it was all over they werent interested in celebrating withtheir team. they just wanted to pick a fight with saints supporters and what really pissed me off was that I didnt get to hear Rooey talk as they booed right through his speech.

I couldnt understand why they didnt go down and celebrate, I know if it was me I would have been as close to the fence as I could get.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Provincial city syndrome. They're neither a city slicker nor a country bumpkin,they don't know what they are...they lack a sense of belonging. There like a loudmouth geek Geelong supporters...geeks are usually quiet and reserved...but not the Geelong people,they're down right geeks...but shoot there mouth off. Tosserville central

Bring back the Lockett era
degruch
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Provincial city syndrome. They're neither a city slicker nor a country bumpkin,they don't know what they are...they lack a sense of belonging. There like a loudmouth geek Geelong supporters...geeks are usually quiet and reserved...but not the Geelong people,they're down right geeks...but shoot there mouth off. Tosserville central
Bogans. Their breeding ground in Sleepy Hollow.

saintnick12
Club Player

saint1974 wrote:Solar we were in M4 row GG yes they drove me crazy but they were not malicious it was great the social club area absolutely rocked tonight with our chanting.
Unfotunately at the last 2 mins of the game some ugly thugs come down ans stared abusing a young man who was about 19 who got the chant going for us,then a Geelong supporter came down holding a banner up that Riewoldt was a sook provoking big time security came tried to move them out but they wouldnt leave.
Next thing they threw a punch at this young man an elder man tried to intervene calmly he was put in to a very tight headlock tthey were absolute thugs next 2 more older men came throwing their weight around and throwing punches .
Police finally came and got them out but not without 2 innocent people being hurt.
I had my 19 year old son and my 16 year old daughter with me there was still an idiot trying to bait and my son siad mate its just a game you won a flag we havent just move on he got really angry at him but someone else pushed him away.
My daughter was quiet upset as she had neve witnessed this at a game before
Spoilt the end of the night these men were not part of the chanting group just fat pis...d intoxicated on something middle age men.
FFS its just a game and security were pathetic I will be reporting this incident to the AFL on Monday spoilt my night you Geelong morons!
End of rant!
I was in M4 BB. That Cats group behind M3 were certainly very annoying, though I agree some of their Geelong Chants were quite good, and I guess the they are premiers so its the ultimate comeback. What I don't understand is why a group of supporters with chants etc (basically their own mini cheersquad without the flags), would choose to stand behind the opposition cheersquad and social club and basically bait all the supporters. Fair enough they like standing...but why not do it at their own end, or in a neutral area. Its asking for trouble doing it our end. They were saying some terrible things about Milne too. There were lots of people around where I was sitting who were very agitated by the whole thing. A few were especially annoyed at that banner about Riewoldt crying. Poor form.
Sorry to hear of your experiences at the end Saint1974. You were only a few rows behind me, but I was so busy celebrating I didn't see it till it was all over. Agree it was great to see the Social Club band together to drown out any noise that group made. Even in the 2nd when we were down and it looked like they might run away with it, the saints supporters just starting a bigger chant everytime the group tried to get going.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
SaintWal
Club Player

Just look at the sooking they did on the field last night. Milburn, Ablett, Ling, Scarlett. It should make you all feel better.

The AFL and police should ensure that the "Whole" section around a cheer squad is one team supporters only including the standing room.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

SaintWal wrote:Just look at the sooking they did on the field last night. Milburn, Ablett, Ling, Scarlett. It should make you all feel better.

The AFL and police should ensure that the "Whole" section around a cheer squad is one team supporters only including the standing room.
Smug, arrogant Fu@$ers.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Ive posted my past issues with the pond scum thats pass as Geelong fans previously and I wont repeat the post here but needless to say Cats fans are the worst "supporters" going around.

Ive been to football games against Geelong where ive been seriously afraid for my saftey and the so called "security" has done nothing but watch it all happen. Its not just the supporters who are to blame but IMHO its their club who in doing nothing about it apparently condone their supporters assulting, threatening and abusing opposition fans.

Shame Geelong Shame

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

What I thought was smart management by the MCG was the screen advertising to report antisocial behaviour via SMS. Don't know if anyone put it to use but I made a point of saving the number in my phone.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
markp
Saintsational Legend

2 flags in 3 years and so many of them are still very bitter and nasty!

Maybe they can sense what's coming.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

In my opinion Geelong supporters are jealous of us. Why , you ask. We've got better colours, better-looking players and a more glamorous supporter base (Brighton/Bayside, the Hollywood star Eric Bana).
Also they're sh*tting themselves because their club may be about to implode. I've mentioned their objectionable behaviour in another post.

I actually think we didn't face this problem in the bad old days of standing room. The fool in front of me would have been threatened with a knuckle sandwich at Moorabbin.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

They are the new Collingwood and that all began last GF.

How quickly they forget their time at the bottom.