Channel 9 News...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:
Sainterman wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/no-co ... -yz3s.html

Nice to see some support for the boys! I think they might be off the front page tomorrow either way!

GO SAINTS!
ABOUT TIME!!
Respect Levels out of 10
Herald Sun: -10
The Age: 7

Least some journos have half a brain and common sense! :roll:
the problem is with this article is that it is on the back page of the sporting Age part. not front page where all the allegations were on, not in the front of the newspaper.

so anumber of people if not the most will not read it.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

it can't even be found on H_S online :shock:

but did find this
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/sex ... 5883400864

with the most pertinant words being
So footballers and others in their league need to lift their game and stop treating women poorly. Even if the woman is hanging off them and inviting them to take them home, shag them then dump them in the morning, there is no excuse for sexual assault or rape.

But women need to get smarter as well. Our Aussie WAGs are respected because they are classy and have self-respect. And the so-called "scrags" need to learn that no one is going to respect you if you don't respect yourself.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bob__71
Club Player

It just seems to me, using the KISS principle that all evidence points to one conclusion. That is that Mr Gladman is very paranoid and probably quite nutty.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:It just seems to me, using the KISS principle that all evidence points to one conclusion. That is that Mr Gladman is very paranoid and probably quite nutty.
I wonder if these 2 cops are Collingwood supporters?

markp
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
bob__71 wrote:It just seems to me, using the KISS principle that all evidence points to one conclusion. That is that Mr Gladman is very paranoid and probably quite nutty.
It is a little curious that considering the nature of the story and allegations that we have not been made aware of whether they are football followers, and if so, who they support.

And perhaps the only reason 9 wouldn't reveal this is if you are very close to being on the money.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Nice to see some support for the boys! I think they might be off the front page tomorrow either way!

GO SAINTS!
I suppose it would have been asking too much for A Current Affair to include her in their original piece.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Another opportunity awaits!
markp
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:

GO SAINTS!
I suppose it would have been asking too much for A Current Affair to include her in their original piece.
After now seeing more of the allegation and reports than we ever needed to, I think this may all go to actually helping clear their names more than anything else (and really, wtf is Joey supposed to have done?)... and I think this story may backfire on a few.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

The Fireman wrote:
Aren't all cops?

Except those that post on here.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
It is a little curious that considering the nature of the story and allegations that we have not been made aware of whether they are football followers, and if so, who they support.

And perhaps the only reason 9 wouldn't reveal this is if you are very close to being on the money.
yep, they had no trouble naming others allegiances.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Aren't all cops?

Except those that post on here.
:lol:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The AFL should investigate with urgency any links to the Collingwood football club, because it is a blight on the game when the community perceives that there is a conflict of interest happening.

They need to at least make it look as if they take the matter seriously. This could bring down a few people in the media that play roles in football clubs if it is proven. Either way while there is a perception out there it needs to be taken seriously and investigated once and for all.

Football is big business and conflicts of this type would not be tolerated in the corporate world. Maybe we should call in the ACCC that might get the AFL to take it more seriously. It is anti competitive if one team uses an unfair media bias for their own gain while sniping opposition teams brands.

I seriously hope they realise that under oath they are obliged to tell the truth and these journos take down Eddy if it is shown he has been tinkering in the background.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

markp wrote:
Thinline wrote:

GO SAINTS!
After now seeing more of the allegation and reports than we ever needed to, I think this may all go to actually helping clear their names more than anything else (and really, wtf is Joey supposed to have done?)... and I think this story may backfire on a few.
Spot on. I mentioned this in an earlier post. More details are coming to light now than ever before. This may actually clear Milne's name once and for all and Joey's.

We are not Collingwood! We don't fall apart when an issue hits the club. We unite and become stronger. Our playing group is a tight knit group that would be rallying around Milne and Joey right now.

All I can say is, look out Geelong! I didn't want us to win this prior to this week due to the 'hoodoo' of the team that wins in the H&A looses in the Grand Final rematch. Now, I just want to smash the Cats out of the park considering what has gone down this week. The playing group will make a statement - Roo or no Roo!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/st-...-1225882981001

The Law Institute's Michael McNamara yesterday questioned the timing of Mr Gladman's claims and why they were aired publicly rather than through internal police channels.

"To put both Milne and the victim through this again is an awful state of affairs," he said.

He said that if Mr Gladman maintained that his investigation had been conducted fairly and thoroughly, then any attempt to influence him would have been irrelevant.

"It might just be the case that he didn't like the umpire's decision (not to prosecute)," Mr McNamara said.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
jays
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/st-...-1225882981001

The Law Institute's Michael McNamara yesterday questioned the timing of Mr Gladman's claims and why they were aired publicly rather than through internal police channels.

"To put both Milne and the victim through this again is an awful state of affairs," he said.

He said that if Mr Gladman maintained that his investigation had been conducted fairly and thoroughly, then any attempt to influence him would have been irrelevant.

"It might just be the case that he didn't like the umpire's decision (not to prosecute)," Mr McNamara said.
this is 100% true

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/st-...-1225882981001

rising - could you post that link again can't get it to work..

#1 Ryder fan
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Questions that I would like to ask include;

Under what circumstances did Gladman and/or Smith leave VicPol?

When did they leave VicPol?

Were they "respected" members?

Were they competent investigators?

These are just a couple of questions that I think need to be asked/answered in the interest of balance

C'mon all you amateur journos, what other questions should be asked? And of whom? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saint1974
Club Player

Were they paid for the interview?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint1974 wrote:Were they paid for the interview?
And if so, how much and by whom? Ch 9? Smaller media company who then on-sold the story to Ch9? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
saint1974 wrote:Were they paid for the interview?
And if so, how much and by whom? Ch 9? Smaller media company who then on-sold the story to Ch9? !!
Very good and important question and needs to be answered by Ch 9.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Why I do not think the forum Gladman chose to express his concerns was a wise choice, I cannot overlook the fact that some very serious allegations have been made.

Everyone seems a little to quick to wash their hands of any involvement by St Kilda here, given that this investigator has since alleged that our club was made aware of witness statements within hours of them being made.

If the OPI finds any connection to St Kilda, this could still be very messy for our club.

The latest reports have been hinting at such a connection, so don't be too comfortable.

El Wood
Club Player

Good summary of events from John Silvester (Sly of the Underworld) in today's Age.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/passi ... -yz3p.html

"... Everyone is entitled to the presumption of innocence - even annoying forward-pocket players."

markp
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Why I do not think the forum Gladman chose to express his concerns was a wise choice, I cannot overlook the fact that some very serious allegations have been made.

Everyone seems a little to quick to wash their hands of any involvement by St Kilda here, given that this investigator has since alleged that our club was made aware of witness statements within hours of them being made.

If the OPI finds any connection to St Kilda, this could still be very messy for our club.

The latest reports have been hinting at such a connection, so don't be too comfortable.
Butterss said yesterday: ''I can categorically say that myself and no member of the St Kilda board saw any witness statements or any police documents. I can can say with confidence that the chief executive Brian Waldron wasn't privy to any such statements or documents.''
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/no-co ... utostart=1

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Questions that I would like to ask include;

Under what circumstances did Gladman and/or Smith leave VicPol?

When did they leave VicPol?

Were they "respected" members?

Were they competent investigators?

These are just a couple of questions that I think need to be asked/answered in the interest of balance

C'mon all you amateur journos, what other questions should be asked? And of whom? !!
When did Ch9 become aware of the 2 ex-detectives and their claims?
DId Ch9 go looking for them, or vice versa?
If yes, when did they start investigating this?
If vice versa, why did Gladman and Smith choose Ch9?

When were the interviews actually done?

DId Gladman and Smith file a complete brief to their superiors?
If not, what did they leave out?

Was outside pressure brought to bear on the investigation by persons wanting the players charged?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:...If the OPI finds any connection to St Kilda, this could still be very messy for our club.

Who is reporting this??? The usual suspects.

Maybe the witness statements the club knew about were Milne and Joeys?

There was only 4 people there, and if the boys were honest they would have known what girls were going to say.

I heard the same story as Rodger Fox, it was the Mum that wanted a charge laid, the girls weren't pushing it.