Channel 9 News...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I cant beleive people are slightly surprised.
I'm only slightly surprise someone hasn't approached them in regard to legal action over some of their potentially slanderous allegations thus far. But I guess it pays not to protest too much.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:Another media beatup hoping to keep us from looking in this direction...

We live in a world where fans riot over a win, but don't raise an eyebrow over news/stories that directly impact on their families well being.

Anyone seen any updates on the GoM oil "spill".
Nope, I didn't think so.
I could not beleive it LEAD the news when there were 6 Australian Businessmen killed in a plane crash and 3 Australians died in a field of war :shock:
That is so true saintbrat. Basically 9 Australians have tragically been killed doing there job in the last 2 days. most with young families, and yet a story based on allegations towards a few cops and footballers hits the headlines. It is a joke but it proves our media is not much better than the british press

I love this club
stinger
Saintsational Legend

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Tess wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Eddie has real power in this town. Make no mistake.
This is the truest statement/comment in this thread.

and

NO I don't think his power is a good thing.

But seriously if anyone thinks Ed or Malthouse could orchestrate this type of story then you must be delusional. I would be 110% sure this is not the kind of thing Eddie would be behind, after all he is President of the Biggest Football Club in the land and all clubs even mine, have skeletons.
Come on! Your deluded if you think fat eddie DIDNT have anything to do with it! Think about it. VERY easy to make it happen, probably had this info 6 years ago. That filthy fat pig and that gutter rat MM have their paw prints all over it! :twisted:

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
Tess wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

and

But seriously if anyone thinks Ed or Malthouse could orchestrate this type of story then you must be delusional. I would be 110% sure this is not the kind of thing Eddie would be behind, after all he is President of the Biggest Football Club in the land and all clubs even mine, have skeletons.
Come on! Your deluded if you think fat eddie DIDNT have anything to do with it! Think about it. VERY easy to make it happen, probably had this info 6 years ago. That filthy fat pig and that gutter rat MM have their paw prints all over it! :twisted:

Yep I agree with IWseats, he could orchestrate this quite easily. Its just another eddie scoop. This would e straight from one of his chins

I love this club
Face
Club Player

Tess wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

and

Christ they'll let anyone in here. :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Tess wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

and

if you didn't think that prick president of yours and that foul mouthed scum you call a coach were behind this...why come on here ffs...

.piss off troll..... :roll: :roll: :roll: you are not welcome here today....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:36am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:While we can assume what we like, is there any proof Ed and MM were behind this? Please someone post a link if there is one, till then my mind remains open. The media on the other hand deserves all the wrath we can muster, for simply making this "news" when it clearly is not.
I think the only way we'll ever know if 'the Collingwood connection' has anything to do with this is if CH7 decides to investigate it.

Nobody else seemingly wants to cross them (Ch9).

gringo
Saintsational Legend

It is probably a complete coincidence that Malthouse calls Milne a rapist, Eddie goes public saying the Saints won't go any further. They did, Malthouse begrudgingly accepts Milne's apology after calling him a rapist. Then a couple of months later a new story regarding the incident comes to light.

Also a coincidence that the president of said club is in a position of power at channel nine, nothing to do with the fact the club that was made to look foolish in the light of denials of fibbing.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:While we can assume what we like, is there any proof Ed and MM were behind this? Please someone post a link if there is one, till then my mind remains open. The media on the other hand deserves all the wrath we can muster, for simply making this "news" when it clearly is not.
im not saying they orchestrated the actual story. im saying they have had the story a while and have had a hand in when and how it has been released.

otherwise it would have been an OPI matter form the get-go.

And the whole malthouse affair seems way too coincidental.

there are plenty of media agencies and enough journos out there to uncover it.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Jebus people...

Relax. If you are stressing about conspiracy theories then you are gonna go crazy.

The OPI are going to have a look into the investigation side of things...Which has nothing to do with us anyway.

If they find reason to re-open the case, then they will.

If they have a case to answer then they damn well need to answer it.

Simple as that.

I still see it as a piece of HACK journalism and in so many ways a slight against the club.

Channel nine and the Herald Sun can go forth and multiply as far as I am concerned.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Jebus people...

Relax. If you are stressing about conspiracy theories then you are gonna go crazy.

The OPI are going to have a look into the investigation side of things...Which has nothing to do with us anyway.

Simple as that.

I still see it as a piece of HACK journalism and in so many ways a slight against the club.

Channel nine and the Herald Sun can go forth and multiply as far as I am concerned.
Thats all true, but I am sick of the media using us as avenue to make this stuff up.

I love this club
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
PLEASE NO
DO NOT let them MULTIPLY :wink:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:

Simple as that.

Thats all true, but I am sick of the media using us as avenue to make this stuff up.
The media have every right to televise this story.

It is NOT about the rape allegation, but more about the possibility of pervert the course of justice by current and ex serving members of the Victorian Police Force.

Both the players involved have provided statements and the Club have fully assisted with the investigation.

Simple as that.

I can't really say too much more

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Agreed.

If the Rozzers have been messing with the case, then they should be prosecuted.

If they find reason to reopen the original case, then so be it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote: It is NOT about the rape allegation, but more about the possibility of pervert the course of justice by current and ex serving members of the Victorian Police Force.
Exactly.

That's the story, however it gives these hacks the opportunity to rehash all the old stuff. And don't they love it.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:

Simple as that.

It is NOT about the rape allegation, but more about the possibility of pervert the course of justice by current and ex serving members of the Victorian Police Force.

Both the players involved have provided statements and the Club have fully assisted with the investigation.

Simple as that.

Yes do agree with what you say, but what I am trying to say is they seem to focus on M & M, and its like its 2004 all over again. Thinks its time for a beer

I love this club
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah....

M & M get the rough end of the pineapple.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Yeah....

M & M get the rough end of the pineapple.
Shyte, that was tring to say all along, no wonder know body understands me!! :D

I love this club
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Agreed.

If the Rozzers have been messing with the case, then they should be prosecuted.

If they find reason to reopen the original case, then so be it.
Yep

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:35am, edited 1 time in total.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:

Simple as that.

Simple as that.

Yet the way it was protrayed by channel 9 and the Herald Sun that has lead to the majority of viewers and readers to believe that the players and/or the club had a hand in this. To have 90% of the images of the two saints players whilst the focus is on the police is a disgrace.

It will not only hurt the club, players and their families but hurts our brand too. All for some ratings.

P66 of course it's no suprise that they would run it, it's just how they went about it that is disgusting for all those involved back in 2004.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:

Simple as that.

Simple as that.

We know all this, but that is not what the media are reporting. One of my work colleagues came up to me today and said "Looks like Milne's gonna get done for rape, eh?", the club knew about it, evidence tampered with, blah, blah, blah, because that is what the media have twisted it to sound like.

Unfortunately, it may prove to be the case, but if not, the HUN and Channel 9 should be made to answer for it.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Anyone who thinks this doesn't stem back to - at least in part - the tensions between Collingwood and St Kilda and specifically the Malthouse Milne confrontation, seriously, has rocks in their head.

I loved the little 1 second grab they showed of the above confrontation in tonight's update. Blink and you'd have missed it, but it was there.

Also loved the fact the footage of Milne entering training today, and he's flanked, almost protected, by Roo and Hayes. :twisted:

Fair enough - if there is a case to be answered, so be it, re-open it and let justice be done. Absolutely. But I seriously, seriously doubt this will happen and this while episode will end up being exactly what it was designed to be - a smear campaign directed at Steven Milne and the STKFC, from none other than the Senior Coach and President of a rival Club.

Pathetic.

Also - Pot Kettle Black Anyone?????????????????????????? :twisted:

'Bout time we got some muck-rackers of our own :roll: :twisted:
Last edited by Quixote on Tue 22 Jun 2010 7:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo