How good was CJ..........

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

How good was CJ..........

( may work later)

when he stopped the big Hawk in mid flight

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

welll..it was a great tackle..but it was more a lack of talking from his teammates...Buddy wasnt running flat out like he was Friday night..he had slowed to look for options..

Still loved it tho 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Why are you referring to something that happened 2 years ago?

Another opportunity awaits!
Bardon Saint
Club Player

Moccha wrote:Why are you referring to something that happened 2 years ago?
Because on the weekend, Lance Franklin kicked two goals after a running effort down the wing with players pursuing. This is very similar to the running effort down the wing two years. However in this case, CJ tackled him.

I hope you are now able to understand why the original poster referred to the incident.

:P

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Thanks Saintbrat, one of my all time favourite pieces of play. Another being Gardies mark last year over Geelong, beautiful............. :lol:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:
Because on the weekend, Lance Franklin kicked two goals after a running effort down the wing with players pursuing. This is very similar to the running effort down the wing two years. However in this case, CJ tackled him.

I hope you are now able to understand why the original poster referred to the incident.

Yes but unfortunately the two incidents cant be truly compared, as in our game Buddy wasnt trying to outrun CJ. He had loped along the wing at about 1/2 pace, not knowing he was being chased. Friday night, he was running full belt, knowing he had to outrun his opponent.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Prodgers
Club Player

saint66au wrote: Yes but unfortunately the two incidents cant be truly compared, as in our game Buddy wasnt trying to outrun CJ. He had loped along the wing at about 1/2 pace, not knowing he was being chased. Friday night, he was running full belt, knowing he had to outrun his opponent.
The things you learn after playing the Saints :wink:

Bardon Saint
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote:

Yes but unfortunately the two incidents cant be truly compared, as in our game Buddy wasnt trying to outrun CJ. He had loped along the wing at about 1/2 pace, not knowing he was being chased. Friday night, he was running full belt, knowing he had to outrun his opponent.
Hence use of the term 'similar' as opposed to 'same' or 'exact'.

Anywho, I was rebutting mocha who stated "why are you referring to something that happened 2 years ago". By this, I interpret as perhaps he did also feel that it was similar but had an issue because the incident happened in the past (time). I thought that this was an absurd comment because we look at lots of incidents that happened in the past and relate them to today whether that be in football or life outside football.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

To me it just epitomises the St Kilda work ethic anf tackling pressure where a less talented guy like CJ can still have a major impact on a game of footy.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
gringo
Saintsational Legend

It was mentioned during the radio telecast that CJ ran down Steven Hill who was running at full pace. The WA based announcer said he had seen Cj in the WAFL and thought he was an honest plodder. But after keeping pace with Hill had his mind changed, he is deceptively quick off the mark and keeps pace. You can't be a successful tagger without some speed. He really is a player that gets over looked because of the role he plays, in the NAB he got close to 40 possies when let off tagging duties if my memory is correct.