A New Craze For Sports Fans Worldwide?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Would you like the Vuvuzela craze to catch on with AFL fans as well?

YES
19%
NO
67%
Hmmm... Maybe
4%
No, it is more suited for cricket
11%

Total votes: 54

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

A New Craze For Sports Fans Worldwide?

People seem to complain frequently about the CS chanting "insipid" chants. Perhaps they could all be armed with these, instead of chanting?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Can't stand those insipid things. Almost as annoying as those inflatable clappers.

Our sport is above those sort of things IMHO.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

damn, i was hoping to get people wound up in this thread by the mere suggestion of introducing such a heinous cacphony to the game hahaha...

but i would love to see the cricket world's feathers ruffled by the vuvuzela :twisted:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Where did those Yarpies get that stupid name for an oversized horn from?

Is it Africaans for "annoying sound" or something???

It amazes me how many mindless people there are at Soccer grounds in South Africa that enjoy annoying everyone else.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Bring one to the footy, stand next to me and blow, then we can see how one sounds hanging out your clack 8-)

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Made an unwatchable game even more unwatchable.....the highlights on the news aren't even worthwhile.....the only good thing about soccer is the 'roar'...but these things have taken away that

Bring back the Lockett era
wasaintsfan
Club Player

id stop going to games... stop watching games and tear up any payments i make towards the game... hell no... worst thing ever

wasaintsfan
Club Player

GoTheTorp wrote:Bring one to the footy, stand next to me and blow, then we can see how one sounds hanging out your clack 8-)
tim gossage said same on radio

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i used to go to the basketball....this guy behind me had season tickets......him and his pig ugly missus used to wave those clapper...claker things in my ear all night long....i put up with it for about 5 or 6 games......then i snapped...told him if he clacked it again he would be retrieving it from his arse.......not a peep out of him after that...the next year he moved..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

the horn would be easier to insert, i would think .... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i used to go to the basketball....this guy behind me had season tickets......him and his pig ugly missus used to wave those clapper...claker things in my ear all night long....i put up with it for about 5 or 6 games......then i snapped...told him if he clacked it again he would be retrieving it from his arse.......not a peep out of him after that...the next year he moved..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You really have a way of describing people. Seriously you would want to look like Tom Cruise but I reckon your probably more like Tiny Tim.

wasaintsfan
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:i used to go to the basketball....this guy behind me had season tickets......him and his pig ugly missus used to wave those clapper...claker things in my ear all night long....i put up with it for about 5 or 6 games......then i snapped...told him if he clacked it again he would be retrieving it from his arse.......not a peep out of him after that...the next year he moved..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You really have a way of describing people. Seriously you would want to look like Tom Cruise but I reckon your probably more like Tiny Tim.
ud wanna look like tom cruise if youre trying to pick up not yell at people.... then youd wanna look like dwayne the rock johnson

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

nah....james dean.....well.....a long time ago.... :wink: :wink: .....the picture i have of you is like uncle fester of the adams family.....spot on aren't i...?..as usual... :wink: :wink:
Last edited by stinger on Wed 16 Jun 2010 11:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

wasaintsfan wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

ud wanna look like tom cruise if youre trying to pick up not yell at people.... then youd wanna look like dwayne the rock johnson

or a scruffy long haired bearded hells angel type maybe........ :evil:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Made an unwatchable game even more unwatchable.....the highlights on the news aren't even worthwhile.....the only good thing about soccer is the 'roar'...but these things have taken away that

the world game...ffs......if that's the world game i feel sorry for the world......aussies are lucky pple...we have the best game in the world...and sainters particularly lucky....cause we have one of the best teams....well in recent years anyway..... :wink: :lol:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

GoTheTorp wrote:Bring one to the footy, stand next to me and blow, then we can see how one sounds hanging out your clack 8-)
see, these are the sort of reactions i initially wanted.

HOOK, LINE AND SINKER.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Not a reaction just an observation

go fish in your own pond

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

GoTheTorp wrote:Not a reaction just an observation

go fish in your own pond
THANKS FOR THAT, NOOB!

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:

go fish in your own pond
THANKS FOR THAT, NOOB!
lmao grow up you idiot.... NOOB woah that hurts man haha

this is a classic elitist jerk off remark i am so hurt boo freakin hoo

OHHH wow you have more posts than me :cry: woop de friggen doo!!make you feel better being a forum flogger does it ?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

GoTheTorp wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

go fish in your own pond
THANKS FOR THAT, NOOB!
lmao grow up you idiot.... NOOB woah that hurts man haha

this is a classic elitist jerk off remark i am so hurt boo freakin hoo

OHHH wow you have more posts than me :cry: woop de friggen doo!!make you feel better being a forum flogger does it ?
It's just you who is overreactiong a little, mate.

"Noob" is a standard thing to say...well, at least to the noobs, like yourself. I'm not being an elitist jerk at all.

I made a thread originally for some laughs over that idiot Sepp Blatter being conned into not banning one of the most cacophonous (and annoying) things to be heard at any sporting event.

Anyway, welcome to Saintsational. I'm generally pretty easy to get along with. But should you want to trade insults instead...
Last edited by Sainternist on Thu 17 Jun 2010 5:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Insults where? if you wish to engage in a tirade of gutter sniping then thats all good, if you wish to engage in some light hearted banter then be my guest, but if you wish to single me out for special attention then welcome to my stompin' ground.

I too am very easy to get along with, hey i now have over 10 posts and counting :roll: , cant wait to get up with the good old boys and call the NOOBS out :?

Thanks for the welcome 8-)

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

No worries.

I really didn't intend on singling you out. I may have thought you were a random poster or even "troll", so I reacted defensively to your original comment.

But as long as you bleed red, white and black and can contribute some interesting banter to the forum, we're all friends at the of the day.