SAM GILBERT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mustangjack
Club Player

SAM GILBERT

Heard a bloke on sen talking about G17,reckons its not what you know its who you know and as a friend sammy gilbert has already signed with the goldcoast ffs i hope this is bull. Does anyone know when his contract is up :evil:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Re: SAM GILBERT

mustangjack wrote:Heard a bloke on sen talking about G17,reckons its not what you know its who you know and as a friend sammy gilbert has already signed with the goldcoast ffs i hope this is bull. Does anyone know when his contract is up :evil:
would not be suprised, would be a disapointment and I hope we get a decient pick for him

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
maz1685
Club Player

I thought he was signed until the end of 2011. In previous interviews has said he has no intention of going back, loves Melbourne, loves the Saints. The rumour I've heard is that Armitage is signed for the GC, nothin about Gilbert though.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert is signed to the Saints till the end of 2011. I have heard Dal and joey are going though as maybe is Kosi. Also there are doubts about MG and King staying as GC17 are after them as well. The last are fact but GC17 may not be interested in the likes of Dal, Joey and Kosi.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Is'nt there a limit of one player per club can be taken by GC?

saint vince
Club Player

They get one player un contracted for nothing. Anyone else they wanted or anyone in contract that would have to trade for as per every other club. So if they want Gilbert they will need to trade for him.

saintlee
Club Player

mustangjack wrote:Heard a bloke on sen talking about G17,reckons its not what you know its who you know and as a friend sammy gilbert has already signed with the goldcoast ffs i hope this is bull. Does anyone know when his contract is up :evil:
Total BS...Gilbert is signed up until the end of 2011....

Legendary
Club Player

gringo
Saintsational Legend

And I thought I couldn't have anymore respect for him than I already had. I hope Armo isn't off to the coast and follows Gilbos lead.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:They get one player un contracted for nothing. Anyone else they wanted or anyone in contract that would have to trade for as per every other club. So if they want Gilbert they will need to trade for him.

not for nothing the club would be compensated via a formula

mustangjack
Club Player

saintlee wrote:
Total BS...Gilbert is signed up until the end of 2011....
thanks guys i can get back to sleep :D . still i'm sick and tired of these BS rumours

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:And I thought I couldn't have anymore respect for him than I already had. I hope Armo isn't off to the coast and follows Gilbos lead.
Given that he's such a fringe player, I'd far rather Armo went to the GC than that we offer him any more $$$ to stay, thereby denying that money to other more essential players.

If he's been made a better offer by the GC, and chooses to turn it down to stay at the Saints, I'd be cool with that. But, if he asked me about it, i'd advise him to take the GC offer (if indeed such an offer has been made).

And, BTW, I would have thought the GC would certainly be making a play for NDS. They'd be mad not to do so IMO

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Finna
Club Player

There's a reason other than form that Armo is not getting a game.

Would you put games into a player - at the expense of players who will be with us next year - if he was going to be at another club next year?

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Gilbert is signed to the Saints till the end of 2011

correct.......for once.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

meher baba wrote:

Given that he's such a fringe player, I'd far rather Armo went to the GC than that we offer him any more $$$ to stay, thereby denying that money to other more essential players.

Agree 100%

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Gilbert is signed to the Saints till the end of 2011. I have heard Dal and joey are going though as maybe is Kosi. Also there are doubts about MG and King staying as GC17 are after them as well. The last are fact but GC17 may not be interested in the likes of Dal, Joey and Kosi.
plugger, they can only take one player per club and my mail is they're comitted to Leigh Fisher, so I think these other guys are staying put. :)

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Gilbert is signed to the Saints till the end of 2011. I have heard Dal and joey are going though as maybe is Kosi. Also there are doubts about MG and King staying as GC17 are after them as well. The last are fact but GC17 may not be interested in the likes of Dal, Joey and Kosi.
plugger, they can only take one player per club and my mail is they're comitted to Leigh Fisher, so I think these other guys are staying put. :)
They can access one uncontracted player from each team but can also trade for contracted players if that player wants to go and the clubs are willing to trade

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

they can take one contracted player from each club prior to trade week that club would then be compensated via the AFL's formula, they can then tradse for other players like any other club during trade week.

Plugger is also talking in tongue and cheek

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Finna wrote:There's a reason other than form that Armo is not getting a game.

Would you put games into a player - at the expense of players who will be with us next year - if he was going to be at another club next year?
Interesting if true and if true understandable. Bring on Jack Steven if so....if hes also staying ofcourse.....

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

Interesting if true and if true understandable. Bring on Jack Steven if so....if hes also staying ofcourse.....
agree. bring Stevo in...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i just hope we move heaven and earth to keep gilbo. i cant imagine any trade that would satisfy me. if we have to find room in the salary cap. im sure we can. heck we dont have to pay lovett & king is gone. there is some dough.

which saints are out of contract? i dont think any except kosi? can we conform this?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:i just hope we move heaven and earth to keep gilbo. i cant imagine any trade that would satisfy me. if we have to find room in the salary cap. im sure we can. heck we dont have to pay lovett & king is gone. there is some dough.

which saints are out of contract? i dont think any except kosi? can we conform this?
do read above Gilbo is contracted for next season and we wont trade him

Finna
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
Teflon wrote:

agree. bring Stevo in...
Steven is a good option and has a lot of room for improvement. Just needs to get a few areas of his game sorted out and then i'd say he's the man to help Lenny out.

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
DWOODROW
Club Player

Yeah nothing to with his knee injury.

suss
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:

Yeah nothing to with his knee injury.
Your brother was playing good footy before he hurt his knee - very close to the senior team I would have thought.

How's he going? Will he miss many games after the break?