Bring on the cats

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:Win, lose or draw, all I really want from this game is a great contest.

I can handle a four, five or even six goal loss, I just want us to be in the contest.
Also for a lot of our players to win their one on one's, and take a lot of confidence from that.

Geelong have reclaimed their air of invincibility, wouldn't mind if we were the team to show up some cracks, win or lose.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I want us to unleash our rage....

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:teams the Cats have been able to kick big scores, mainly at K Park -
def Port by 95 points at home
def Rich by 108 points at home
def Sydney by 67 points at home
def Brisbane by 81 poinst at Gabba
def Melbourne by 54 poinst at home
def Essendon by 71 poinst at Etihad. (Varcoe 5 goals FFS)
Geelong are generally a far lower scoring team at the MCG than they are at Etihad or Kardinia Park.

Since the start of 2007, they have only failed to score 100 points on 27 occasions out of 87 overall.

However at the MCG, they have failed to reach three figures 13 times in 24 attempts.

Since 2007 theya average 103 pts a game at the G, compared to 115 overall.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:Win, lose or draw, all I really want from this game is a great contest.

I can handle a four, five or even six goal loss, I just want us to be in the contest.
Also for a lot of our players to win their one on one's, and take a lot of confidence from that.

Geelong have reclaimed their air of invincibility, wouldn't mind if we were the team to show up some cracks, win or lose.
A two to four goal loss with everything (bar injury) going wrong on the night (posters, umpiring, bounce of the ball) would, perversely, satisfy me completely.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
SainterK wrote:

A two to four goal loss with everything (bar injury) going wrong on the night (posters, umpiring, bounce of the ball) would, perversely, satisfy me completely.
i want us to win it without riewoldt. just to shut a few big mouths up (non saints people i'm talking about).

noob
Club Player

i think geelong's weakness is the oppositions small forwards. With riewoldt being out of the side.. sounds strange.. but could be help (like when carlton played them)

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I want us to unleash our rage....

I want to throw up

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

F%^& all this admirable loss business!

Beat the pr1cks without Roo and they will be sh1tting themselves when or if we meet them again.

The whole competition will be sh1teing themselves!

I hate Geelong almost as much as I hate the Filth. They took something away that we all would cherish so much. We've had to put up with how good they were to the point where it sounded like we were beaten by 15 goals.

How about we never lose to them again!

NEVER AGAIN!

Go Saints

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Geelong may be the best home and away side ever but they will probably have as many players out as us next game so we cant use injuries as an excuse. We are a chance to beat them but they are certainly in great form. We will need to be at our defensive best as we arent capable of kicking over about 12 goals against quality opposition.

Unless the game is a whitewash I dont think either side will get much out of the win apart from 4 points which to us kis probably more useful than the Cats. Both sides will probably have many changes from the teams that meet in 2 weeks time compared to what will happen hopefully on GF day.

Logically Geelong should win but my heart hopes for a close Saints win. 2 great sides should hopefully ensure a great game.

Finna
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:F%^& all this admirable loss business!

Beat the pr1cks without Roo and they will be sh1tting themselves when or if we meet them again.

I hate Geelong almost as much as I hate the Filth. They took something away that we all would cherish so much. We've had to put up with how good they were to the point where it sounded like we were beaten by 15 goals.

NEVER AGAIN!

Go Saints
great post.
Completely agree.

I want to smash them always in all ways.

Go Saints!

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

NEVER AGAIN!

Go Saints

:lol: I love it.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

NEVER AGAIN!

Go Saints
You do make a compelling point.

Always take the field to win.

There is no such thing as an admirable loss.

And I **** hate Geelong.

And their **** football team

:P

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
StSteven
Club Player

I don't hate them I am extremely jealous of their achievements and the fact that we were considered the two top teams of this era. They have achieved the status of the best team of the era. For that reason alone a win would be bliss.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:we arent capable of kicking over about 12 goals against quality opposition.
agree. it's the only thing that stands between us being a great team rather than just a very good one.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:we arent capable of kicking over about 12 goals against quality opposition.
agree. it's the only thing that stands between us being a great team rather than just a very good one.
We have Rooy out at the moment. I was talking now.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

NEVER AGAIN!

Go Saints

:lol: I love it.
Bloody Oath.

GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTS

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

NEVER AGAIN!

Go Saints
Yeah. Bugger it. You're right. Consider my tune changed.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
We have Rooy out at the moment. I was talking now.
so was i.

we need to be a great team with or without him to win it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Given our form has improved over the last month, this may be of interest to you all.

Over the past 4 weeks, we are averaging only 3 goals less a match, and only 3 inside 50's less a match than Geelong.

Before people suggest that this is because the quality of our opposition has been poor, we have played 14th 15th 16th 4th, they have played 3rd 15th 14th 10th.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Given our form has improved over the last month, this may be of interest to you all.

Over the past 4 weeks, we are averaging only 3 goals less a match, and only 3 inside 50's less a match than Geelong.

Before people suggest that this is because the quality of our opposition has been poor, we have played 14th 15th 16th 4th, they have played 3rd 15th 14th 10th.
Only 3 goals??

Converting the Inside 50s into scores is still a big 'No Roo' issue for us.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:Given our form has improved over the last month, this may be of interest to you all.

Only 3 goals??

I'd argue converting the inside 50s into 'goals' is still an issue for us.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Only 3 goals??

I don't think you'd find anyone to argue with.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think that big factor in our form improving is getting our structure back...including having players play were they are best.

This has allowed the backline to settle and for the two sam's to have more influence over the game.

Kosi having a second tall forward, rather than be the sole big banana up forward, has IMO also assisted the big fella to run back into some useful form.

Also IMO the pace and run of Peake has been most useful, though it would be nice if he could eliminate those "up" kicks that he is prone to.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Only 3 goals??

how are we going for marks inside 50?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Only 3 goals??

how are we going for marks inside 50?
Shiithouse.

When Roo plays though, we're good in this area. We rely on him too much.

In his absence, I was hoping that rather than try to score via 'marks inside 50' like we did with Roo, that we'd focus on becoming efficient at scoring when we're down in this stat.

I actually think we have to an extent, which is great.