Stanley's Paddock

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

felixleo
Club Player

Stanley's Paddock

If Stanleys ever one out why don't we try kicking over his head so he can use his pace to run back on it?

Are you gonna be the one?
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

because this isn't 15 years ago and teams don't allow that anymore

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:because this isn't 15 years ago and teams don't allow that anymore
Nonsense (respectfully). On the quick break after a turnover (relatively often with St K) or when we have a loose man centre on the move (less often, but it does happen) often there's no one home defensively and we pause and look for a side target to give the forwards to run to space.

Stanley is lightning. He could technically remove the need to pause. The paddock idea has definite merit for mine.

He goes missing a bit, but that'll happen to a kid. Gee there's some silk there though. Would have loved to have seen him snag that one on the angle. Tough kick at an important moment in the game. Could have been his making. Not that it matters. Am sure there'll be another moment. Exciting to have one like him.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
The Sainter
Club Player

I noticed Geelong do it a few times against the Dons. When kicking to a one on one contest they kicked it over their heads with the Cat's player ready to recover quicker and pounce on the ball resulting in him breaking away into the open. It certainly gets the ball down to their forwards much quicker.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:because this isn't 15 years ago and teams don't allow that anymore
Nonsense (respectfully). On the quick break after a turnover (relatively often with St K) or when we have a loose man centre on the move (less often, but it does happen) often there's no one home defensively and we pause and look for a side target to give the forwards to run to space.

Stanley is lightning. He could technically remove the need to pause. The paddock idea has definite merit for mine.

He goes missing a bit, but that'll happen to a kid. Gee there's some silk there though. Would have loved to have seen him snag that one on the angle. Tough kick at an important moment in the game. Could have been his making. Not that it matters. Am sure there'll be another moment. Exciting to have one like him.
This is an intruging development.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

How so?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
suss
Club Player

Apparently kicking over the zone and into the vacant forward 50 is the new thing. I think Essendon kicked a few against us doing it and Geelong are masters at it. From memory, Gary Lyon spoke about on FC a while ago. There's merit in the Stanley idea any way...