Sandringham Rd 9 vs Casey- Scores

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Junior
Club Player

Ground in terrible condition so hard to make calls on players.

Without singling out individual players, I would be worried about our depth.

On that performance I would not consider any of them for seniors next week.

Only positives for me were Walsh continuing to learn the game and Winmar getting some game time.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
saintDal
Club Player

Junior wrote:Ground in terrible condition so hard to make calls on players.

Only positives for me were Walsh continuing to learn the game and Winmar getting some game time.
If I was Ross I would tell none of the players to turn up next week :wink:

BallBanger
Club Player

Junior wrote:Ground in terrible condition so hard to make calls on players.

Is there anyone here that thinks we have drafted well/smart over the last 5/6 yrs??

Who are our promising 1st/2nd round draft pick players?
We are relying on late picks and rookies...
I'm not saying that rookies are no good but surely the higher the pick the more quality you inject.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

ball banger to give some sense of balance

the geelong VFL side was a powerhouse a couple of years ago but now has only two wins to its name. Add in that we are playing interstate (2 youngsters going over as emergencies) and it's no wonder we are lacking some youth coming through

Kingy is just keeping himself match fit. Disapointing about ptto as he was getting into a little more form. Armo is out, macca, geary are in the firsts. We wasted our first rounder last year.....

But it's good that winmar is getting game time into him. Walsh is a 2011 project.

Would like to hear more about the game. Steven seems to be struggling which is disapointing

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:ball banger to give some sense of balance

the geelong VFL side was a powerhouse a couple of years ago but now has only two wins to its name. Add in that we are playing interstate (2 youngsters going over as emergencies) and it's no wonder we are lacking some youth coming through

Kingy is just keeping himself match fit. Disapointing about ptto as he was getting into a little more form. Armo is out, macca, geary are in the firsts. We wasted our first rounder last year.....

But it's good that winmar is getting game time into him. Walsh is a 2011 project.

Would like to hear more about the game. Steven seems to be struggling which is disapointing
i was able to to listen to a little of casey radio. and at one point the commentators thought winmar would be a future gun.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:

i was able to to listen to a little of casey radio. and at one point the commentators thought winmar would be a future gun.
for once we picked a guy who has foot skills. I back our fitness crew to get him to AFL standard if he wants it but foot skills these days mean the world

FQF
In richo I trust

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
saintly wrote:

for once we picked a guy who has foot skills. I back our fitness crew to get him to AFL standard if he wants it but foot skills these days mean the world
Heyne has foot skills.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Solar wrote:
saintly wrote:

Heyne has foot skills.
wasn't he note for his ability to turn it on but also turn it over? Winmars foot skills were up in the top 5 at drafting camp?

FQF
In richo I trust

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

From what I've seen at Sandy and his couple of games for the Saints, Heyne rivals BJ by foot. Now he needs to get the rest of his game together.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Solar wrote:
saintly wrote:

Heyne has foot skills.
wasn't he note for his ability to turn it on but also turn it over? Winmars foot skills were up in the top 5 at drafting camp?
They didn't look great prior to joining the Saints (from the footage I've seen), but his kicking has certainly improved.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Solar wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Solar wrote:
saintly wrote:

Heyne has foot skills.
They didn't look great prior to joining the Saints (from the footage I've seen), but his kicking has certainly improved.
glad I'm not going mad! Was one reason (with workrate) that he drifted in the draft. Huge fan of heyne and impressed that he was lenny's training partner over summer

FQF
In richo I trust

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:From what I've seen at Sandy and his couple of games for the Saints, Heyne rivals BJ by foot. Now he needs to get the rest of his game together.
Wow, a MASSIVE call. I've only seen him play a couple of games for about half a dozen kicks so it is too early for me to make a judgement. I hope you're right. I was pondering "where are our kids??" It seems that freo are having waves of kids come through, a few for the lions, a couple for pies last season etc.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ours just dont get a game...

Armo, Geary, Steven, McEvoy, Heyne...etc.....all developing in the VFL

Freo, Coll, Ess develop kids in the AFL if they can play

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Geary and McEvoy are playing today BigMart.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:From what I've seen at Sandy and his couple of games for the Saints, Heyne rivals BJ by foot. Now he needs to get the rest of his game together.
Rubbish.

Has a long kick, but nowhere near bj.

bj is almost the best most penetrating kick in the AFL.

Heyne may one day develop into something near bj, but to say he rivals bj by foot is absurd and ludicrious.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Geary and McEvoy are playing today BigMart.
lol - and Eddy. Armo out injured, Heyne given two games this year so far.

Na - none get a game :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Ours just dont get a game...

So who should the above replace in the team?

None of the above can play on a man so defence is out of the question.

We are a mature side with few vacancies, the Pies, Freo and Bombers are young developing ones with a poor talent spread.

StPeter
Club Player

Any would be better value than Eddy!!!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:
Wow, a MASSIVE call. I've only seen him play a couple of games for about half a dozen kicks so it is too early for me to make a judgement. I hope you're right. I was pondering "where are our kids??" It seems that freo are having waves of kids come through, a few for the lions, a couple for pies last season etc.

Heyne had suspect kicking coming to the Saints from memory.

Even still to compare him to BJ's kicking is a very loose call.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Ours just dont get a game...

How have those teams been going the last 5-6 years?

They've had to gift games to players.

Or are we comparing apples with camels now?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i agree. we need to get game time into heyne. look at travis varcoe. he is just on 22 and already has 62 senior AFL games to his name. how the hell did that happen?

where is our 22 year old with any more than 30 games? varcoe is the same age as eddy and geary but miles ahead of them or dare i just say miles better than them..

benny mac and heyne look our most likely. lets just give them game time.

noob
Club Player

geelong are smart thats why they recruit kids that have bodies of a man so that can play afl straight away. Guys like varcoe, selwood, duncan and t.hunt already have the bodies to play afl.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I was talking about the last 3-4 years....not now

Armitage <30 games - 4 years
Geary < 30 games - 4 years
Eddy < 30 games - 4 years

McEvoy <20 games - 3 years
Steven 2 Games - 3 years

Lynch 0 Games - 2 years
Stanley 3 Games - 2 years
Heyne 2 Games - 2 years

Winmar - yet to debut

All played 75% of their footy in the VFL

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:i agree. we need to get game time into heyne. look at travis varcoe. he is just on 22 and already has 62 senior AFL games to his name. how the hell did that happen?

where is our 22 year old with any more than 30 games? varcoe is the same age as eddy and geary but miles ahead of them or dare i just say miles better than them..
I think that particular comparison is a bit unfair to our boys, and indeed our club.

Varcoe was a first round draft pick (#15)

Eddy & Geary were both overlooked in the draft and have had to work their way up via the rookie list.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Rubbish.

Has a long kick, but nowhere near bj.

bj is almost the best most penetrating kick in the AFL.

Heyne may one day develop into something near bj, but to say he rivals bj by foot is absurd and ludicrious.
He does rival BJ. Only he comes second.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'