Lovett Settled..all finished

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stewmac
Club Player

playin for East Perth tomorrow ,cld be worth goin over to give him grief :twisted:

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:Why is this good?

For Lovett it's probably good. Not sure how it's good for the club.
Tell me...

Is anything good in your world?

:roll:

Look again it's the Flash!!
St Michele
Club Player

Saintsfan wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Lovett played as many games for St. Kilda as I did!

Stop calling him a former saint!!! :evil:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/f ... 5878541301
Don't worry, there is still time
In Perth they said there had been a sattlement and htne said the formoer Bomber is playing for East or West Perth. Now hopefully that is how he will be referred to we don't need to be involved any more.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:It's not quite over yet for some players, but it's good to see the commercial side of it done.

I wonder what will be done with the gap left under the salary cap. Will we use the dough to retain players or chase new talent come trade time? It could be interesting, given he was on big coin.

Was it actually mentioned that this wont be included in the salary cap going foward. If this is correct then its a bonus for us

I love this club
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
suss wrote:It's not quite over yet for some players, but it's good to see the commercial side of it done.

I wonder what will be done with the gap left under the salary cap. Will we use the dough to retain players or chase new talent come trade time? It could be interesting, given he was on big coin.
Was it actually mentioned that this wont be included in the salary cap going foward. If this is correct then its a bonus for us
it will be all supposition from everyone- (starting with H-S article already :roll: )
but would be atleast One years pay- so no way could that be excluded from this year- one supposition was that it may be leveled over the 3 years..

who knows
Glad it's done and dusted ( almost)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:agree with RF, would be very upset if the guy got a good payout from the coffers... I'm hoping the AFL help with this as it's bulls***. The AFLPA and lovett have screwed us over big time IMO
Why should the AFL help us out. It was just bad luck or management by us and another person that this happened. We should and will wear it.

The Bluff
Club Player

no way it would have been $500k, even $2-$300k would be stretching it. They would have contested it in court if they were going to have to pay that sort of money.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:

it will be all supposition from everyone- (starting with H-S article already :roll: )
but would be atleast One years pay- so no way could that be excluded from this year- one supposition was that it may be leveled over the 3 years..

who knows
Glad it's done and dusted ( almost)
Would not give any credence to HS Article, but I was hoping the AFL would give us a bit of a break on the salary cap given the nature of his departure, but I guess thats wishfull thinking

I love this club
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

And the WINNER is;

Derek Humphry-Smith (Lovett's lawyer). I would bet that he will get his "cut" before Lovett gets a cent !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Glad its over and done with from our point of view.

But as far as im concerned every cent should go to a victims of crime organization or to his actual victim/s. He should not profit in the least. I will personally do a happy dance when he gets convicted and sentenced.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Schillaci
Club Player

Never played a game for us and gets a nice little payout from our beloved Saints for nothing but dragging our team's name through some muck and wasting much of the club's time and resources.
Thanks for nothing you germ...hope you get what you deserve...the Saints' $ wasn't deserved that's for sure.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What was the point sacking him if he were going to be paid out 300K plus....imagine if he is found NOT guilty....even worse

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I still wish he could have played this year.

Richter
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:What was the point sacking him if he were going to be paid out 300K plus....imagine if he is found NOT guilty....even worse
Irrelevant.

Where you there that night?

At least two of our players were. I'm backing their word over A. Lovett's irrespective of what finding the court gives.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Richter wrote:
BigMart wrote:What was the point sacking him if he were going to be paid out 300K plus....imagine if he is found NOT guilty....even worse
Irrelevant.

Where you there that night?

At least two of our players were. I'm backing their word over A. Lovett's irrespective of what finding the court gives.
So he is guilty irrespective of the outcome of the court case?

You really are a moron, aren't you.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

wouldn't the amount of money agreed to be paid to Lovett be made public at the anual general meeting next year?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:wouldn't the amount of money agreed to be paid to Lovett be made public at the anual general meeting next year?

Yes and no It wont be listed as lovett payout but added to abnormal payments or operating costs